SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popped again in the Newsletter as a preview but the link showed less than the email:
GL.jpg

The link led to this, which I believe is rehashed:

Announcement.jpg

Again with the big head.:gah: I wish SSC would reconsider and stop with the big melons. Make the head proportionate to the superhero body.

Reminds me of the Star Wars figures that first came out of SSC, where they made the heads bigger to not seem undersized with the clothing but then ended up looking rather large. I like it though, I can't wait to order it, it's the best DC GL that we've been offered and I'm glad Hal is up first. I'm hoping the do all the Earth GLs.

Not a fan. I thought this would be a day one order but the costume is too much like a Mego. I can only imagine how tough this would be on SS's people to make but still this is a pretty weak outing.

What is interesting is I don't see much difference here, given it was "retooled," the costuming looks the same and so does the sculpt. The body style looks thin, so I'm not sure what exactly was fiddled with.

Hal Jordan... gotta have it... I think it's ssc's best dc comic figure yet. The batman is ok, but the facial expressions are just ridiculous to me.

I still can't wait to see the full reveal but for now I just like the sculpt and the construct. I hate the pattern/texture on the suit.

Mask looks removable

The sculptor mentioned awhile back that the mask is a separate piece.
I doubt that there will be a fully sculpted face underneath though.

edit
Here's the quote
"Nice shot of the 1:6 scale #greenlantern portrait I sculpted recently for #sideshowcollectibles. The mask was sculpted as a separate plug-in piece. "

Last edited:
With the recent flops on reveal vs actual production, might have to wait and see.

Back