Premium Format SSC Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds to me the statue has a break in it, might not be a complete break but enough to pop out the leg a bit... Trying calling and tell them you can feel the piece sticking out with your hand, that it's broken underneath the fabric.

Good idea. I've normally dealt with someone specific for all my problems, but this time I just sent a generic email message to their CS department and got a reply from someone I never dealt with before. I think I'll call my guy back and just let him know what's up cuz he's always treated me well.

Good idea. I've normally dealt with someone specific for all my problems, but this time I just sent a generic email message to their CS department and got a reply from someone I never dealt with before. I think I'll call my guy back and just let him know what's up cuz he's always treated me well.

If they asked for pictures again, make sure you take pictures from an angle that really emphasizes the issue, try with bright lights on the statue when you take the photos, might make it easier for them to see.

I got mine today, and she does not feel like she's more than one piece. If you feel an edge, it's a break.

Probably just a polystone bump that they were too lazy to correct. There would be no mystery if it was broken, unless he is saying it was broken/fixed/glued. Given the costume if its in one solid piece, no way to know really.

Some of these things are factory errors that I think they expect these to have, and are not damaged (not excusing, just following their train of thought). If its not acceptable, return it and get a refund. Dont play the, well if they only offered me a small credit I could live with it game.

Got mine in finally, very cool, paint apps...the few that there are really nice and clean no issues, the decals on the fabric is nice, mallet is better than I thought, still dislike the tongue on the exc the peepee pose and overall the fabric, still to monotone for me, there is so much detail under it if matching the paints this would be amazing....which I will get to eventually.
If comparing to the prop it is damn close, I think they could have added a few more lighter/whiter highlights in the exc hair, but people complaining about qc is quickly going to dry up the last few pieces I have received have been extremely close to the proto (Harley, punisher, deadpool, batman bust, green goblin bust).

A solid 8.5 from me, -.5 for fabric, -.5 for leg pose, -.5 for tongue.

Most pieces this large are in multiple pieces, just makes it easier to cast and fill in the seams, when statues are under fabric they do not fix all the errors and things will be worse than on other pieces. This probably has a seam in the hip to crotch spot.
my first black cat pf I customized had hours worth of errors to fix, the second was a lot cleaner.

My Harley has an error. Period. And Sideshow's response clearly shows the struggle between QC and what they feel is acceptable to sell to fans for full retail. I'm not looking to break their bank at all, but even the smallest refund given back to me would force them to re-evaluate their business model for the better, whereas if I stay silent they won't know that what they're doing still has flaws.

And the argument about what's appropriate and what isn't appropriate to have Sideshow QC go through has been done to death in these forums. But I'll just say that I firmly believe in a company being molded by its fans/supporters, and I won't give them any room for errors like these, be it cloth or mold (easily visible or not), because I want them to be a better company. I've pretty much stopped buying Kotobukiya because of their atrocious paint applications (Cyclops being a huge blunder), and there's no reason I shouldn't hold Sideshow to the same standards. If there's an error, they need to know about it and should be penalized so that they can learn from their mistakes - something that won't happen if fans just settle for what they get.

No one needs these statues, I don't need these statues, I want to enjoy them, and Sideshow can't continue to grow successfully if they're not held to the high standard that their prices are demanding. Can you imagine if no one spoke up about the Rogue PF changing the mold of her butt after payments were already received for the original version? The Psylocke PF's paint cracking problems? Batman's PF problem with the saggy armpits? We wouldn't be getting as good of statues as we are today, and there's no reason to stop complaining about small errors now just because "these statues are good enough..."

(rant, I know, but the last few posts made me feel like I was being attacked)

SO does everyones Quinn have small defects? Mine is being shipped, so when I open her up what should I look for?

My Harley has an error. Period. And Sideshow's response clearly shows the struggle between QC and what they feel is acceptable to sell to fans for full retail. I'm not looking to break their bank at all, but even the smallest refund given back to me would force them to re-evaluate their business model for the better, whereas if I stay silent they won't know that what they're doing still has flaws.

And the argument about what's appropriate and what isn't appropriate to have Sideshow QC go through has been done to death in these forums. But I'll just say that I firmly believe in a company being molded by its fans/supporters, and I won't give them any room for errors like these, be it cloth or mold (easily visible or not), because I want them to be a better company. I've pretty much stopped buying Kotobukiya because of their atrocious paint applications (Cyclops being a huge blunder), and there's no reason I shouldn't hold Sideshow to the same standards. If there's an error, they need to know about it and should be penalized so that they can learn from their mistakes - something that won't happen if fans just settle for what they get.

No one needs these statues, I don't need these statues, I want to enjoy them, and Sideshow can't continue to grow successfully if they're not held to the high standard that their prices are demanding. Can you imagine if no one spoke up about the Rogue PF changing the mold of her butt after payments were already received for the original version? The Psylocke PF's paint cracking problems? Batman's PF problem with the saggy armpits? We wouldn't be getting as good of statues as we are today, and there's no reason to stop complaining about small errors now just because "these statues are good enough..."

(rant, I know, but the last few posts made me feel like I was being attacked)

I haven't read your previous posts so I wasn't attacking you, what I mentioned was in general concerning qc :peace
I typically skim through posts, and rarely read qc issues unless EVERY post is about qc

hqj8.jpg

SO does everyones Quinn have small defects? Mine is being shipped, so when I open her up what should I look for?

Mine has NO defects, I just have pet peeves but I wouldn't sell her for anything. Welcomed addition to my Batman line of collectibles. I'm sure you'll love yours..amazing piece,

Got mine in finally, very cool, paint apps...the few that there are really nice and clean no issues, the decals on the fabric is nice, mallet is better than I thought, still dislike the tongue on the exc the peepee pose and overall the fabric, still to monotone for me, there is so much detail under it if matching the paints this would be amazing....which I will get to eventually.
If comparing to the prop it is damn close, I think they could have added a few more lighter/whiter highlights in the exc hair, but people complaining about qc is quickly going to dry up the last few pieces I have received have been extremely close to the proto (Harley, punisher, deadpool, batman bust, green goblin bust).

A solid 8.5 from me, -.5 for fabric, -.5 for leg pose, -.5 for tongue.

If you strip her down can you post some pics. I'd be interested to see if they took any shorcuts knowing the fabric would hide them.

I think most people who have posted have not had any problems. While the few that did seem to be having issues getting those problems addressed, the ratio of good vs bad overall seems heavily weighted towards good so far.

If she has same base height as Joker, think she is exact height as Joker

Back