SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this coming but I am not excited. Same thing with the Darth Vader figure. I ordered them because it will be years before we see another one but I don't think they are up to par. Hopefully they look better in hand.

I cancelled mine because Sideshow didn't honor the $45.00 coupons I used. Not their fault tho, the computer allowed me to double-up on discounts during checkout. They invoiced me a "shipping soon" note with no discount so I cancelled. I pay too much shipping and import fees from US to Canada so thought it best to cancel. I will pick him up local if I like what I see in-hand :)

Did you call or email them? They may not honor the $45 but they will generally give you something off.

:exactly:

If they can send out free 225 buck Hot Toys figures in every other order, they can aford to give you some cash off. The last time I called up and complained (basically venting about my own stupidity) they gave me a $25 code. I even told them it wasn't necessary, because I realized it was my mistake and they insited I take the code anyway.

I gotta say with Sideshow handing out $20-25 coupons every month to order things,makes me wonder how high the markup is on their stuff all together.

I gotta say with Sideshow handing out $20-25 coupons every month to order things,makes me wonder how high the markup is on their stuff all together.

I appreciate the discounts or I wouldn't normally order direct as I said before. Import fees plus paying higher shipping to Canada sucks. I at least have the new Bday Stan Lee code to offer me a $25 discount if I want the Commander. Really want to see pics though before ordering again but the code expires so quick. About the discounts, I also think Sideshow has priced themselves a little high lately with 1/6 and PFs so this helps people who are on the fence to maybe buy more.

I appreciate the discounts or I wouldn't normally order direct as I said before. Import fees plus paying higher shipping to Canada sucks. I at least have the new Bday Stan Lee code to offer me a $25 discount if I want the Commander. Really want to see pics though before ordering again but the code expires so quick. About the discounts, I also think Sideshow has priced themselves a little high lately with 1/6 and PFs so this helps people who are on the fence to maybe buy more.

wouldn't lowering prices bring in more sales instead of relying on a coupon all the time to get a better price for the customer??

Seems Sideshow is always giving out coupons....well, why not just lower your prices $20-25 less??

The thing about codes is most customers wont be using them so they can afford to let those that do have the discount... yes they are expensive... but people pay.

The one thing i find weird is people pay $100 for a repainted head but $180 gets complained about... its not just sideshow charging so much.

wouldn't lowering prices bring in more sales instead of relying on a coupon all the time to get a better price for the customer??

Seems Sideshow is always giving out coupons....well, why not just lower your prices $20-25 less??

Cause then we'd be double-dipping into them if they didn't kill the rewards programs. At least this way if they give us a 25 buck code, they recoup some of that by not giving us reward points.

I was told by a retailer that he paid $125 each for the $219 Halo 1/6 figures. Thats price to a middle man, I would imagine people that market their own goods like SSC make a tidy profit, if they can afford to sell these to stores at that size of a profit margin.

Don't really know where I'm going with that thought except that the hobby does seem to be becoming an arms race in pricing and there seems to be plenty of money. I just would love to see them deeply discount the stuff they've been sitting on for years, let them keep their markups on new hot stuff, but the product they have not moved in three years, just push it out the door.

Cause then we'd be double-dipping into them if they didn't kill the rewards programs. At least this way if they give us a 25 buck code, they recoup some of that by not giving us reward points.

I was told by a retailer that he paid $125 each for the $219 Halo 1/6 figures. Thats price to a middle man, I would imagine people that market their own goods like SSC make a tidy profit, if they can afford to sell these to stores at that size of a profit margin.

Don't really know where I'm going with that thought except that the hobby does seem to be becoming an arms race in pricing and there seems to be plenty of money. I just would love to see them deeply discount the stuff they've been sitting on for years, let them keep their markups on new hot stuff, but the product they have not moved in three years, just push it out the door.

I understand the rewards points thing,but even then I would rather have the instant discount then WAIT (a long time) to accumilate reward points.In Fact,All my orders have been cancelled and then re-ordered again to get the coupon discount (my account looks like a mess)....I just recently cancelled Destro to buy him with the reward points Sideshow has been giving away for the last few months..

With all these coupons and discount points...just lower your prices and you'll get MORE sales from customers.

I never preordered this one, I'm waiting on in hand photos and reviews before picking one up. Looking forward to what you guys post!

These are luxury items, limited collectibles not toys from wallmart.
If they were cheaper they would sell out instantly & if more were produced they wouldnt hold their value & people would complain about that too.
Yeah they are expensive, but when i cant afford one i just dont buy it because its not an essential item.
Its not like you dont get plenty of warning!

Im kinda kicking myself but i have the first one... might try to pick up a helmet & repaint it to match.
Way more excited about Baroness & Storm Shadow.

These are luxury items, limited collectibles not toys from wallmart.
If they were cheaper they would sell out instantly & if more were produced they wouldnt hold their value & people would complain about that too.
Yeah they are expensive, but when i cant afford one i just dont buy it because its not an essential item.
Its not like you dont get plenty of warning!

This is why I cancelled my Batman Ex PF, way too many of those produced imo. The LOTR stuff with that kind of ES sells for under retail these days. It's not about the money though, it's that I want to be a collector of rarer items. Not ones that are too mass produced. The Gi Joe 1/6 line is rarer which I like. :peace

Back