SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We also all agree that the figure has to s*ck solely because it's made by Sideshow, not HT, and the sculpt has nowhere near enough Tom Cruise to be accepted as an accurate Mark Hamill.:lol

It would be interesting if someone got access to the pictures of this figure a few days early, removed the SSC logo from the bottom and put the HT logo on, and released them here. I know the insulting price is part of what's driving the negative reaction, but honestly - you have to wonder how the comments would be reading about the figure itself.
The sculpt isn't great in my opinion. Something about it seems off, I think part of it is the hair. That and yeah Sideshow isn't helping win anyone on the fence over with the price. It really is insane what they're charging now compared to Hot Toys who are in a whole other league. Hell most companies are ahead of Sideshow in terms of paint apps. Even some of the knock offs from eBay look better than what they normally churn out. They'll continue to get crap until they deliver good products on a consistent basis and they've been on a disappointing streak as of late.

"Skywalker is fully equipped with lit and unlit lightsabers, his trusty blaster, signal flares, and a plan to take down the mighty Imperial AT-AT walkers."

Unfortunatley, he is not fully equipped. He is missing the grappling hook and detonator to take down the mighty Imperial AT-AT walker.

Also, I literally laughed out loud at the price. At least the figure looks very good. I wanted to buy it too...

Its funny how we focus on the obvious price gouge. Overlooking that it really doesn't matter as the final product won't look a thing like the prototype.
Do we need to keep doing this exercise?

p.s. Hot Toys is bound to be running out of heads for these 240 dollar plus bodies and suits.

Think I have as many editions of Luke as I need for the moment. Passed on Xwing Luke think I'll pass on snow buggy edition unless a good deal comes up.

I like how the figure looks. The head sculpt could have more expression but it looks like Hamil to me. He definitely needs to come with the grapple hook and detonator, Sideshow should be embarrassed by that omission.
Yeah the price is ridiculous, I'll still order this if I can get it discounted though.

raUQi7g.gif

Damn you SS and your pricing! Damn me that I'm actually going to buy it!

I've been thinning out my collection by selling my SS figures. This will be one of the few that I will buy

Back