SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, it looks like the awkwardness in some of the posing has something to do with the articulation. Almost like the bicep swivel makes the arms look odd if rotated too little or too far...
Any case, thanks Col for the pics! Really makes me feel better about keeping my purchase!

Also, I found a new use for Red Snapper last night when shooting photos of Superman...

red snapper reflector.jpg

It looks good on some angles, but up front is a killer. The big head, skinny legs, diaper.

I still love the heat vision sculpt.

Definitely an improvement! Not that anything can be done about it at this point...

But the headsculpt actually doesn't bother me much, as it is a comic-based version, so the exaggerated square jaw fits (in my opinion).

I just can't wait to see this on a Batman body. I have a feeling that'll really make this one shine. Those shorts though :lol

Comparison photo to the prototype, I tried to duplicate the pose as best as I could. Main difference I see at all is the shorts.

View attachment 160569

Also if you look up close at the shorts, it looks to me like they sewed the top of the belt loops on the outside of the shorts instead of the inside. You can futz with them to minimize the red showing above the belt, but I couldn't get rid of it completely.

View attachment 160570

Based on what im seeing the loops were not placed in the right spot, So it looks like i will need to do some seam ripping and re-align and re stitch. then it should look like the picture. My main concern is belt is the belt removable?

It might be one of those things where if they're parted out that you nab an extra and see if you could restitch them. I can sew but it looks godawful. :lol It's more when I have to, not when I want to.

Shipped as well, Thursday arrival. Operation Makeover begins shortly afterwards....new body, CR trunks, cape cleanup.

Fingers crossed.

Back