SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shorts and belt really distract you. Looks like a red diaper. Still glad I am getting him.

super-man-fail-nice-diapers.jpg

If it weren't for the shorts and belt...perfection!

:lol

i'm thinking of getting the Chris Reeve trunks for this guy. Seems like it'll be a better fit.

I really can't believe they messed up the trunks. It's probably the easiest thing to get right in the outfit, and yet they couldn't.

I would think that if you popped the stitches and then reattached the top of the belt loop on the back side of the trunks, it would do the trick. Heck you might even superglue / fabric glue it if you can't sew.

There are the two very visible belt loops in the front, then three around the back. I'd start with the less visible ones first just to see if it works, then move to the front.

Also, I may have just taken a bunch more photos....

Great pics! Really highlights the body and suit of the figure. I'm glad i kept my PO for supes (but those trunks though...).

I Guess trunks could pass for the All-star supes one.

1889160-all_star_superman.jpg

beautiful shots mate very much appreciated for posting them ,
I knew this would be a great release. ( if only it had double hinged elbows)
cant wait for this to hit aussie

We need a good comparison with Batman. Then, we will have a better perspective on how small he really is.

Ive said it before, this is a very well done figure, BUT the body sucks it all up then poops it out.

If I was good at modding and all that crap, aI might have been more inclined to getting him

Your pics are great Cof! Better than the other pictures and videos we've gotten before. The body does not look bad at all and I can't wait to get this. It would interesting to see him next to the Chris Reeve Superman.

For me, I won't be posing him with SSC Bats, so I'm fine with the body size. Ideally, he should have been bigger, but proportionately he's good. Actually, looking at that side by side with the HT Man of Steel, his big shoulders, legs look good, and his waist is skinny (as should be). Even the torso doesn't look too skinny.
Like everyone else, I do wish they had done the shorts so the belt would sit at the top with no red showing, but at the same time, for some reason I didn't complain about it when it was like that at SDCC 2014. I'm not a customizer/sewer, so I may have to try the fabric glue fix...

Comparison photo to the prototype, I tried to duplicate the pose as best as I could. Main difference I see at all is the shorts.

View attachment 160569

Also if you look up close at the shorts, it looks to me like they sewed the top of the belt loops on the outside of the shorts instead of the inside. You can futz with them to minimize the red showing above the belt, but I couldn't get rid of it completely.

View attachment 160570

The shorts have also been pulled up considerably higher on the body. You can see there is a difference in the amount of ab/rib area showing above the shorts...

Back