Star Ace Harry Potter - Lord Voldemort

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Harry Potter - Voldemort

I'll echo most of the above. The screaming head needs a complete overhaul. The at rest head is pretty good, but could benefit from some tweaking as well. With the homerun of Sirius, they've raised their bare of likeness acceptance IMO. And with the limited variant possibilities of Voldemort, he needs to be nailed the first time around.

-Green wand effect instead of blue
-maybe some Horcruxes (or at least insure other figures will come with them all eventually)
-Lucius Malfoy's broken wand could be another small accessory he could have. He did take it and snap the snake head off of it in DH1.
-robe could use some work. It almost seemed like a dark shade of green in the films rather than solid black. That might be something for them to look into. And some light weathering would be nice.
-Nagini (beating a dead horse here). Not sure I'd want her bendable or articulated, but as long as she'd posed well enough to rest at Voldemort's feet and look menacing that will do just fine for me.

And I'm not sure if they want to give him accessories he really didn't have contact with, but things like the Prophecy Orb or the other two Deathly Hallows could make for some nice accessories as well. The invisibility cloak is like the ONE accessory the Harry figure didn't come with. It had an interesting pattern when it wasn't being worn. I'd like for some figure to come with that eventually (likely a Harry variant).

And again a big thanks to Star Ace for listening and wanting our opinions! :rock

Nagini was 26 feet long when fully extended from nose to tail, or so I've read. I just can't see how she could be included without raising the price by a large amount.

Nagini was 26 feet long when fully extended from nose to tail, or so I've read. I just can't see how she could be included without raising the price by a large amount.
A part of her could be included in a stand sort of? And wasn't she always slithering under his robes? We don't need the full 26' of her, just enough so that she'll be a great display piece for him.

d866c2b5c71b1f705f21d7d6d7aa6397.jpg

This would work efficiently with both headsculpts he comes with.

-Nagini (beating a dead horse here). Not sure I'd want her bendable or articulated, but as long as she'd posed well enough to rest at Voldemort's feet and look menacing that will do just fine for me.

26 feet comes to 132 centimetres in 1:6 scale. So if they do put in a Nagini, it's going to be massive. And articulated - no chance of it being static at that size.

But that raises a new question - how could they do it in a cost effective manner? If they do add in a Nagini, then this figure could go up $50 - $100 dollars.

The screaming head needs a complete overhaul. The at rest head is pretty good, but could benefit from some tweaking as well. With the homerun of Sirius, they've raised their bare of likeness acceptance IMO. And with the limited variant possibilities of Voldemort, he needs to be nailed the first time around.

Agreed - Sirius is a new high in terms of likeness, and there's something a little off with Voldemort. They changed Harry a bit though, and he looks spot on now, so I have hope.

-Green wand effect instead of blue

An easy fix. Probably going to be fixed by the time we see official specs for him.

-maybe some Horcruxes (or at least insure other figures will come with them all eventually)

I think someone's already suggested placing the Horcruxes strategically throughout the line. It's a great idea. The most appropriate for Voldemort would probably be Nagini (or the diary seeing as they've already done a young Harry, and a COS Harry is unlikely as a result).

-Lucius Malfoy's broken wand could be another small accessory he could have. He did take it and snap the snake head off of it in DH1.

Nice but unlikely. I'd see this as a potential accessory for a future Lucius figure :pray:
-robe could use some work. It almost seemed like a dark shade of green in the films rather than solid black. That might be something for them to look into. And some light weathering would be nice.

I've been struggling to find reference pics of the actual costume on display etc, as stills from the film are a little untrustworthy with the clear amount of filter used, especially in DHP2. But weathering is definitely required, especially for that Battle of Hogwarts look.

And I'm not sure if they want to give him accessories he really didn't have contact with, but things like the Prophecy Orb or the other two Deathly Hallows could make for some nice accessories as well. The invisibility cloak is like the ONE accessory the Harry figure didn't come with. It had an interesting pattern when it wasn't being worn. I'd like for some figure to come with that eventually (likely a Harry variant).

And again a big thanks to Star Ace for listening and wanting our opinions! :rock

The prophecy orb is another thing that could come with a Lucius figure. Voldemort will come with the Elder wand - it says in the specs and the screaming Voldemort is holding it in the photos. And the inevitable Dumbledore figure will carry it too. The Resurrection stone was part of the ring horcrux, so that is a possible accessory for Dumbledore (if we return to the idea of distributing the horcruxes in the line). And the invisibility cloak will probably come with an upcoming Harry variant.

Quoting What is the length and weight of Nagini? - Harry Potter Answers

"Not sure on the weight of Nagini but by the appearance shown to us in the movies, her length looks to be about 3.7m long or for those who use feet approx. 11-12ft long."

Quoting What is the length and weight of Nagini? - Harry Potter Answers

"Not sure on the weight of Nagini but by the appearance shown to us in the movies, her length looks to be about 3.7m long or for those who use feet approx. 11-12ft long."

Personally I think the sculpts are pretty great already.

They've just added a Nagini replica to the Warner Bros. studio tour and they're saying it's 20 feet long. I'd agree that's too big for a 1;6 accessory. And in this case I think a representative Nagini of about 12 feet scaled would be fine (she was 12 feet in the books, but also wasn't a constrictor). Even static built into the base would be cool.

They've just added a Nagini replica to the Warner Bros. studio tour and they're saying it's 20 feet long. I'd agree that's too big for a 1;6 accessory. And in this case I think a representative Nagini of about 12 feet scaled would be fine (she was 12 feet in the books, but also wasn't a constrictor). Even static built into the base would be cool.

It could always be made as an add-on to a different character, or even as its own figure. I think it would make for an awesome companion. I am pumped that Sirius comes with Padfoot. It makes me curious though.... what will he come with in his prison garb? Are those officially two separate releases now?

It could always be made as an add-on to a different character, or even as its own figure. I think it would make for an awesome companion. I am pumped that Sirius comes with Padfoot. It makes me curious though.... what will he come with in his prison garb? Are those officially two separate releases now?

Yea, they're 2 separate releases. Since Padfoot is the Azkaban version, it does take away a big accessory for prisoner Sirius.

Even static Nagini would be in a maximum level of awesomeness! Please, Ace Star, make this!

Just think of HT dynamic stands. But with Nagini. Not all that hard to do.

So Dave, is Nagini confirmed? :pray:

I knew I had read or heard the number 26, so I went looking and found a video of the Head Prop Master giving a brief tour of the new exhibit. He states, "We have a wonderful model of Nagini the snake, full size, all 26 foot of her." So, as you said, even a 20 foot snake would be too large as a 1:6 accessory. I wouldn't want an undersized Nagini, especially since the figures are being based off their movie counterparts and not the book descriptions.

Honestly, I'd buy a 1:6 Nagini so long as she came with some cool accessories - but what? I doubt this will happen, though.

I knew I had read or heard the number 26, so I went looking and found a video of the Head Prop Master giving a brief tour of the new exhibit. He states, "We have a wonderful model of Nagini the snake, full size, all 26 foot of her." So, as you said, even a 20 foot snake would be too large as a 1:6 accessory. I wouldn't want an undersized Nagini, especially since the figures are being based off their movie counterparts and not the book descriptions.

Honestly, I'd buy a 1:6 Nagini so long as she came with some cool accessories - but what? I doubt this will happen, though.

That's 52 inches in 1/6! I swear in the films she didn't look any where NEAR that long. I wonder if they had different sizes for different things.

That's 52 inches in 1/6! I swear in the films she didn't look any where NEAR that long. I wonder if they had different sizes for different things.

It's entirely possible, as that seems to be a common theme in tv/film.

I went back and watched her first scene in the series, when she slithers past Frank Bryce in Goblet of Fire. She is still slithering through the doorway when her head is already up on the side of the chair by Voldemort, which is many feet inside the door, so she's clearly quite lengthy there.

In the Deathly Hallows, there are scenes where Nagini does appear quite large, like when she slithers on the table at Malfoy Manor, she appears to be at least 20 feet long. When she attacks Harry in Bathilda Bagshot's home - she appears to be at least 15 feet long. These are to my eyes, at least.

Back