Star Ace Harry Potter - Lord Voldemort

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Ace Harry Potter - Voldemort

That's 52 inches in 1/6! I swear in the films she didn't look any where NEAR that long. I wonder if they had different sizes for different things.

Agree with you, 26 ft is too big for her..

If the idea is her being an alone release, I think all the horcruxes would be great accessories

I have no problem buying a Nagini separately if done well. If getting her in her full 1/6 scale version of 26 feet means selling her separately, then so be it. She just needs to be done at some point to accompany Voldemort. That's all I ask.

Havn't chimed in yet, but I love how this line is going. Voldy looks fantastic! Can't wait for a preorder.

My most wanted figure is Severus. Hopefully a Deathly Hallows version.

In this scene she looks to have + - 20ft.. I think the better way to know is Star Ace ask Warner what's her length

Yeah. The sculpt definitely needs a tweak. mwctoys pics

547249691cef229da6b0a48d318b95dd.jpg

167c6271012ef2b4a2ae7376ebd4ea56.jpg

The at rest head looks pretty good already, but could use a little work. The screaming head needs a lot of work IMO. Screaming heads rarely are executed well though unfortunately. Always a bit too stiff or unnatural or something.

The at rest head looks pretty good already, but could use a little work. The screaming head needs a lot of work IMO. Screaming heads rarely are executed well though unfortunately. Always a bit too stiff or unnatural or something.
Agreed. Though I think Zod had a pretty good rage face. Though he just gritted his teeth right? Can't recall.

ACI Toys Spartan figure or something with the screaming head is pretty good in terms of look and feel, but of course with better quality in paint and sculpt, would make it perfect.

I think the neutral face looks great. I have never really seen a company pull off the open mouth. I saw some customizers try it with Wolverine and I just think it misses the mark. The anatomy just looks off around the mouth. The mouth on Voldemort just looks disconnected somehow.

The actual photo of Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort screaming in the background of the display shows just how bad the screaming head is.

The main problem is that the heads are too long. Voldemort doesn't have a horse face, it's just difficult to tell without a nose.

I tell you what though, it's really difficult trying to find a photo of him with that neutral expression Star Ace have sculpted...

The problem is that he doesn't look ANYTHING like Ralph Fiennes. It looks like Voldemort (especially with the nose, of course), but the general Ralph Fiennes likeness just isn't there. They should've started with an accurate sculpt of Fiennes and worked towards Voldemort from there.

547249691cef229da6b0a48d318b95dd.jpg

HP-DH-part-2-lord-voldemort-26625045-1920-800.jpgScreen_shot_2011-12-19_at_8.33.52_PM.jpgLordvoldemort.jpg
167c6271012ef2b4a2ae7376ebd4ea56.jpg

20110708-161901-pic-739868701.jpg

Also apparent is the lack of veining and the fact that they've got the wrong skin colour. DHP2 Voldy was NOT healthy looking and obviously needed some vitamin D.

I think the biggest issue is the figure's heads are too elongated. Voldy's head is fairly round in the movies. If they squashed the head and face down, that would fix a lot of it.

I want this figure. The only concern is that it'll make my Medicom Harry look really horrible. I mean, the paint on the figure is already pretty bad, but I do love the figure as it is. If I get figures from this line though, I'll surely have to get another Harry. Which wouldn't be so bad, I guess, haha.

I want this figure. The only concern is that it'll make my Medicom Harry look really horrible. I mean, the paint on the figure is already pretty bad, but I do love the figure as it is. If I get figures from this line though, I'll surely have to get another Harry. Which wouldn't be so bad, I guess, haha.

There will be other Harrys (if the line is successful) that's for sure.

Dave, what you think about make a Q&A Star Ace thread like Asmus did here in Sideshow Freaks?

Back