Star Wars CVI Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just made me realize these next two Celebrations look alot alike...

CEII & CVII

Except that I think the proper abbreviation for Europe is ECII. Not sure though...

I don't think so... the first one was always CE... and it is said Celebration Europe.

Heck yeah!!! :1-1::hi5::duff

I hope they have some good C2E2 guests next year. It would be awesome to hang out again!
I plan on going to C2E2. I'll have to try to arrange to meet up with you guys. I wish I could have spent more time with everyone at CVI, other than the party. I was just non-stop busy. I think I volunteered to work too many hours, leaving little time for play, plus I amazingly completed the Scavenger Hunt (got 1 of only 150 medals, so I guess that's kinda cool). I did get to see most of the panels I wanted to, but I never really shopped the dealers, and didn't get enough time to "explore" all the great stuff. If I go to Germany, I plan on having more time to soak it all in and enjoy the con more, instead of rush rush rush...

Some more of my prints!

Emperor photo from Official Pix
IMG_4616.JPG

McQuarrie full signature prints. I gave the Yavin one away as one of my prizes at the Freaks party. Kenbenobi got it, yay!! It was too good though, so I had to buy one for myself. Luckily they had one more left when I went back. And with the Hoth scene, I got the deal of the con!! They are selling it for $100, but when the guy gave me the last one (gibby got the second to last) he said it had some dents in it. Because of that, he marked it down 50% so I got it for $50!!! I was happy! :yess:
Dude, you totally rock for donating that! Thanks again for the awesome prize! I'm glad to hear you got a bargain on the Hoth scene. I can't believe they dropped it 50%! Hopefully you can't notice the dents once it is framed...

I plan on going to C2E2. I'll have to try to arrange to meet up with you guys.

Definitely! That would be great! :hi5::1-1:

Dude, you totally rock for donating that! Thanks again for the awesome prize! I'm glad to hear you got a bargain on the Hoth scene. I can't believe they dropped it 50%! Hopefully you can't notice the dents once it is framed...

Kenbenobi, did you end up with the other McQuarrie Micro Machines print as well?

They're the Micro Machines pieces he did in 96/97 for the Action Fleet playsets. There were four individual prints and one combo. You'll see the non-signed versions pop-up for about $20 on ebay from time to time.

I think we picked them up on Friday, so it wasn't too difficult, but we did get the last 2 for the Hoth playset.

From what I've been told and have read, he started having issues while working on this set.

edit - I thought Waller attended his panel, but I can't remember...if someone did, maybe they can also chime in on this. I would think it was discussed.

The retrospective panel I attended was basically just guys in the industry talking about how he influenced their work. Not much was actually said about McQuarrie beyond that.

They're the Micro Machines pieces he did in 96/97 for the Action Fleet playsets. There were four individual prints and one combo. You'll see the non-signed versions pop-up for about $20 on ebay from time to time.

I think we picked them up on Friday, so it wasn't too difficult, but we did get the last 2 for the Hoth playset.

You lucky bums ! :1-1:

The retrospective panel I attended was basically just guys in the industry talking about how he influenced their work. Not much was actually said about McQuarrie beyond that.

That stinks.
Did you tell me that and I forgot already? :monkey2

You lucky bums ! :1-1:

Definitely. I for sure thought they would be out of these, especially since we got there on Friday.
Guess it was the luck of UT again!

Still need to find out who got the x-wing print at our Freaks Party!!!!

Back