Star Wars CVI Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got around to pulling a few iPhone images today...

furystorm's CVI experience continued:

You should be amazed! this is all that I brought, entirely carry-on-able, although I was able to check for free both ways. Anybody pack this light?

CVI31.jpg

Terrible image, but the start of the show for me. A collector panel, and one which I did not anticipate attending. Shropt was the only guy in line for an hour I think:

CVI32.jpg

Rick calling his daughter on her 18th birthday, because I reminded him! You guys want to rethink that father of the year award?

CVI33.jpg

First pic I took of my tattoo after it was complete. I wanted my sister to see it first. Damn, I am a bleeder!

CVI34.jpg

The start of puppet madness! These were really great items:

CVI35.jpg

... to be continued.

... continued

If I had more funds this time, Yoda would have likely gone home with me. As it is, Rick got a great deal on one:

CVI36.jpg

The full size Chewie was really nice too. Great fur:

CVI37.jpg

Amazing seats for Star Wars in 60 Minutes! Thanks Waller:

CVI38.jpg

What is that? A Bith?

CVI39.jpg

swabie and Shroptay!

CVI40.jpg

... to be continued.

... continued.

I met Steve Sansweet outside the 501st Bash. I know he's no big deal, but I dig him. The guy who took my photo followed up by giving me a VIP badge for the Bash, but I was too afraid to try to get into VIP, or not drunk enough:

CVI41.jpg

My origami on Saturday, in a fun panel with Avfin:

CVI42.jpg

Pretty amazing Alien / Boba Fett mash up for Make a Wish:

CVI44.jpg

And another, the flagship for the show I think. This one's already bid up to over $10,000!

CVI45.jpg

Oh, and what's this? More origami? We were supposed to be making C3PO, but come on man! He looked like a *****, and he looked like that to everybody in my general vicinity. Great fun at this panel...

CVI43.jpg

The End

Is that true buddy? I'm gonna peruse, no wait, I have some with you on the real camera and they were already posted too.

Three Amigos for life! :D

By the way, you were busy with autographs, and we have all come to the conclusion that this will not be happening again. At least in that high dose rate anyway.

My best times were with you, Avfin, Shropt, UT, Shadow, swabie, and a few others...

Great Celebration! :D

This panel was the lower tier level of origami, and he (Tom Angleberger) did mention that book (by Alexander) quite often as being the advanced version of Star Wars origami. Our class was really quite simple, and we had many children (Rick and myself included) in the class.

I made a Death Star! :lol

:lol

The Death Star looks like that glass prison in Superman II. :lol
The sabers are kick butt!!!

Sorry, when I saw the book at Costco I just had to grab those pics, especially since we were just talking about it a few days before.

Golden Rod rules!!!

Funny thing is, I saw that book this week in my campus bookstore! I had to pick up one more textbook, and noticed it on my way out. I couldn't believe it was in the campus bookstore.

That square of silver paper was meant for R2, but I hadn't folded it yet, and got to goofing around with golden rod (of course), then when it came time to make R2, I had no idea, so I just started folding in the edges and, voila! Death Star. But i did embellish it and draw the equator and ion circle beam thingey. Too bad I forgot to take a picture of it, because Rick ended up gifting it to the author, and saying I made it for him and wanted to give it to him. I felt like such a child...

And it was great! :D

This is so awesome! I just found the image after minimal digging. Tom was so enthused to have so many of us folding at the same time and he took this group shot near the end of the panel! This is great, there's Rick, me, and the pizza lady sitting next to me. We're all in the front row! Can you tell I'm excited to find a photograph of me and my Death Star on the internet?

CVI46.jpg

And the link to Tom's wordpress:

https://origamiyoda.files.wordpress.com

Seriously, why didn't you? Looks good in the pic!

Who has it, Tom? Maybe you can email him for a pic.

Back