Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This show is mindless, soulless, poorly written crap.

I've watched every episode and out of all 70 episodes so far there's really only been 10 great ones.

Compare that ratio with any great TV show and then ESPECIALLY think of something like The Simpsons - after 20 YEARS they still manage to produce a quality, entertaining show.

The Clone Wars is a pathetic excuse to make more money.

If you don't care about Anakin I actually thought yesterday was a pretty well done episode. I'm just shocked at what an eff up they made the Chosen One out to be.

It was a very lazy episode all around... but that part was particularly weak. My short-hand version:

Padme: "I can't make the deal; the ability to bring the war to an end is more important than one person."

Yar Yar: "Heesa our friend, you gots to do it!"

Padme: "Well Jar Jar's always right... better go with that."

Could have had an interesting episode arc of Grievous being rescued and ensuing battles, but no just a weakass prisoner exchange :slap

True, true. I guess I enjoyed it up until all the prisoner exchange crap. From there it took a bit of a nosedive. :lol

I'm sure they'll have a random episode during season 6 that expands on Padme's decision and will probably involve a senate meeting with Dugs and a failed rescue attempt by Obi Wan and a young Corporal Veers just for good measure:dunno

Its probably time to end the series as it doesn't have anything good to add to the Mythos.
It's mostly cookie cutter pablum.

Thought it was a good episode except for Anakin Frakking things up.I was a little sad to see Tarpals go out so brutally, but well done.

then the episode got flushed.

I'm sure they'll have a random episode during season 6 that expands on Padme's decision and will probably involve a senate meeting with Dugs and a failed rescue attempt by Obi Wan and a young Corporal Veers just for good measure:dunno

:lol So true.

I can't believe so many of you are still into this poopy show, especially Khev. I'm quite sure he's been brainwashed somehow. Dude even likes Ashoka. :pfft: Come on, sir, you're much better than this. :gah:

I agree it is pretty poor but we need to look at it in who its really aimed for, kids not us. I enjoy it for what it is entertainment.

Everytime the star wars franchise starts aiming towards kids it always infuriates the adult fans. Its always strikes me as standing to close to the fire.

I know it's just a show a cartoon show. But.........C'mon Ani is a jedi. He could have easily stop that Gungan traiter a few times using the force.

That's bad that I am complaining about a cartoon show. :slap:lol

The previews makes season 4 look great. It's still early folks we will see some clone troops action.

:lol So true.

I can't believe so many of you are still into this poopy show, especially Khev. I'm quite sure he's been brainwashed somehow.

To me this show is like the old Marvel comics but in cartoon form. Not anything I consider a real part of the movies, but as far as a self-contained SW media its still fun (for the most part.)

Dude even likes Ashoka. :pfft:

Again, in the context of the show she adds a lot character to the otherwise mostly dull Jedi. Plus my daughter is into her and my wife has a number of cool shirts she's gotten from Ashley's "Her Universe" site. So I'm a little biased.

The show is fun for what it is... there are a few real gems, a number of turds and then the rest end up being in the entertaining range.

It does feel like its probably run its course though; and honestly how much more can the squeeze out of the gap between AOTC and ROTS?

The show is fun for what it is... there are a few real gems, a number of turds and then the rest end up being in the entertaining range.

It does feel like its probably run its course though; and honestly how much more can the squeeze out of the gap between AOTC and ROTS?

PLENTY, if they had some decent writers.

quite alot if they avoided the big characters and ridiclous storylines

WOW! I'm not the only one wondering what the f___ is this show doing?!?!

The writing and the show is for kids but because it suppose to be canon & it takes itself seriously most of the time, it's hard to forgive the miscues, bad writing & the constant trampling on the established canon.

if they had stuck to minor jedi and band of brother type stories it would have been brillant but it a/ contradicts the previous "cannon" cartoon and b/ contradicts the excellent dark horse stuff and karen travis' mando stuff (which i love)

too many small mistakes and too many pointless changes ie ventress and just far too many things that dont fit with the films ie dooku and anakin fighting each other a zillion times

Well that and doesn't Dooku mention not having battled/seen Kenobi or Anakin between the fight in AOTC and ROTS? So how do all these other battles, not to mention countless encounters with Grievous wash out with the films :huh

EDIT: Looks like Khev got it quoted already :lol

Saying these are canon is ridiculous as clearly there is very little concern for what follows it.

Back