Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

The pacing of the episode just felt completely rushed to me. And I'm not liking Maul's voice. It bothers me more and more as he speaks. The whole master-apprentice thing felt random and forced. The action started off very well but got lame towards the end.

Just bring me Rex, Fives and Commander Wolffe. Though, as an aside, I would love for Mace Windu to get some more action. He's such a badass and has such a solid voice actor. They are dropping opportunities here.

Episode S5.02 "A War On Two Fronts"....

Now this was more like it for me. Didn't care for last week's season opener...more of Maul and his brother's antics. It's an idea (bringing Maul back from the dead) that ran out of steam before it started for me and I hope it wraps soon...unlikely though, since we see Maul twirl his invisible mustache and exit stage left to return again later when the writers get lazy and want to play another round of "Wouldn't it be cool if..."

But this week's entry was terrific...22 minutes of packed story that moved the saga of the CW closer to what we saw in ROTS. The Jedi are further compromised from their ideals as the war drags on, the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan grows more strained and Ashoka continues to develop into a character that actually contributes more to the ongoing story than just plucky sidekick/cute girl power. If one pays attention here, glimmers of where her character may be headed in the overall saga are starting to show...and what a cool choice it could be for her. Like Assaj Ventress in Season 4, Ashoka is really turning out to be more that just a one-note character...and it makes her appearances interesting instead of irritating.

I'm also impressed with the jump in production quality this episode represented, Visually, the environments and backgrounds are more detailed and lush then ever, and while there was a lot of previously used assets with the flora and animal life on this planet (lots of Naboo-related beasts, from Fambaas to Falumpasets), it was integrated in a way that really upped the production...really beautiful to look at.

The character animation is just getting better too....the characters are "acting" as much with subtle expressions and movements as they do through dialog, from Anakin's Vader-like body language, to the meaningful glances between characters, it's come a long way from the static, limited expressions they featured in the past, Heck, one could argue these animated characters are exhibiting more emotion and movement than their live-action counterparts did in the movies, in some instances.

I've always liked the more character-driven, saga/story heavy episodes of this show....always up for some good whiz-bang, but when "The Clone Wars" hits both of those marks, it can be pretty good viewing, and this episode hit those marks for me...

The last episode was decent but it reminded me too much of an earlier episode when Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka were training farmers to defend themselves against pirates.

I loved it too. Blue Snaggletooth was a really nice touch. Good episode overall.

I really dug that part too.

Ep 1:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ep 2:
Spoiler Spoiler:

OK I've got a question,maybe some of you are also pondering it.
What happened with Obi-Wan and Asajj Ventress as they escaped at the end of last season?:dunno
Did Obi-Wan just let her go,was there a fight between them?:dunno
I know there was a truce to escape,did it extend all the way to them parting ways?:dunno

What happened with Obi-Wan and Asajj Ventress as they escaped at the end of last season?:dunno
I know there was a truce to escape,did it extend all the way to them parting ways?:dunno

More then likely Obi just talk to her in the pod and left her. I don't really remember any of the shows where he went after her. IT was always her going after him in someway or another.

Really liked the new episode.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This thread needs more posts! :lecture
It's really gone down since they created that new "other" section.

Anakin was a friggin hypocrite telling his padawan to "stay focused" during the holo transmission. Course what do you expect from a future ****** Lord of the Sith. He's definatly from the "Do as I say not as I Do" school of Jedi masters.

Anakin was a friggin hypocrite telling his padawan to "stay focused" during the holo transmission. Course what do you expect from a future ****** Lord of the Sith. He's definatly from the "Do as I say not as I Do" school of Jedi masters.

How is he a hypocrite? At the end of the episode, he explains he knows exactly how she feels. :huh

is there yet another episode to this arc? i need some clones... and Zabraks... and Sith Lords... and Bounty Hunters...

Obi prolly checked to see if the carpet matched the drapes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I like the rebel story line but it's been going on a bit long.
Maybe when Obi-Wan and Anakin left we could have followed them for an episode then come back to the rebels.
Just to break it up a little.
Another good episode Saturday though.

Back