Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the best episodes so far.
I'm glad that Savage is gone.
Glad Obi Wan didn't go all bat ***** crazy when his girl friend died!!

Well if he was fake-begging while in the face of a real defeat than he's got major cojones...and mucho faith in his persuasive skills.

I don't think it was a real defeat. Think about it, the only thing that fried Palpatine was his own force lightning. He could have simply stopped, rolled out the way and begun his attack again from better footing. The whole thing was staged for Anakin, whom Palpatine could sense arriving. While "pleading", he gives an obvious sideways glance at Anakin to see if the deception is working - he's almost smiling. The staged urgency of the scene and the line "you must choose!" was intended to send Anakin over the edge and force him to strike out.

Palpatine plans everything to an extreme degree. When the Jedi show up to arrest them, he seems to be fully aware of whats going on and is being coy about the whole thing. The only three times I can think of that he seemed to be genuinely caught off guard where when Padme fought back on Naboo, when Yoda showed up at the Senate building in ROTS, and when Vader tossed him down a shaft. That's why Anakin was the only one who could bring balance to the force, his decision to save his son was the one thing the Emperor could not foresee.

Had to work today so I just finished.

Holy sh t what an episode! BEST EVER. The show should always be this good. I even cried.

the only complaint- Why didn't sidious come off this much of a badass swordsman in E3??

Ian McDiarmid stated that he wasn't comfortable filming these scenes. He's not classically trained in fencing or swordsmanship and he's an older fella. Lucas wanted some close up reaction shots from McDiarmid for the duel, so he tried he to fake it as best he could. Then Lucas filled in the rest with CG and called it good. I don't necessarily blame Lucas for doing this with McDiarmid and Lee as he wanted actors with gravitas and skill in the roles, I just wish he had done a MUCH better job with the close-ups and with faking the long shots with stunt people. The patched on Dooku head in the duel in AOTC was just abysmal, the stunt person didn't even have a similar build to Lee and there were about half a dozen close up shots in a row of Anakin and Dooku just waving sabers around their heads. Terrible! The only saving grace of the duel was when Dooku cuts the power cable and the lights flicker and go off - gave the scene a very ESB ambiance, even though I'm sure the main intent was to help disguise that it was not actually Christopher Lee dueling.

I picked up on the "I'm here to rescue you" and Obi-Wan freeing Duchess Satine from the detention block.

What other ones were there?

When Maul says "I sense a presence, a presence I haven't felt since..." and then the Emperor came in like Yoda choking 2 of his guards so it was like a 2 for 1 nod.

When Obi Wan boards the ship and tell Bo Katan, "I'm so sorry"

Dutches saying "help me obi wan kenobi"

I can't wait to re-watch the episode once it goes on demand, I'm sure there's plenty more.

Had to work today so I just finished.

Holy sh t what an episode! BEST EVER. The show should always be this good. I even cried.

the only complaint- Why didn't sidious come off this much of a badass swordsman in E3??

Ian McDiarmid stated that he wasn't comfortable filming these scenes. He's not classically trained in fencing or swordsmanship and he's an older fella. Lucas wanted some close up reaction shots from McDiarmid for the duel, so he tried he to fake it as best he could. Then Lucas filled in the rest with CG and called it good. I don't necessarily blame Lucas for doing this with McDiarmid and Lee as he wanted actors with gravitas and skill in the roles, I just wish he had done a MUCH better job with the close-ups and with faking the long shots with stunt people. The patched on Dooku head in the duel in AOTC was just abysmal, the stunt person didn't even have a similar build to Lee and there were about half a dozen close up shots in a row of Anakin and Dooku just waving sabers around their heads. Terrible! The only saving grace of the duel was when Dooku cuts the power cable and the lights flicker and go off - gave the scene a very ESB ambiance, even though I'm sure the main intent was to help disguise that it was not actually Christopher Lee dueling.

Well also when Sidous fights Yoda in RotS he's taken a good amount of Force lightning in the face and has severly damaged his body for the sake of dominance.
So you could explain his better sword skills in the series that way. But also Sidious has always been a much more superior Force user than saber fighter in my view.

When Maul says "I sense a presence, a presence I haven't felt since..." and then the Emperor came in like Yoda choking 2 of his guards so it was like a 2 for 1 nod.

When Obi Wan boards the ship and tell Bo Katan, "I'm so sorry"

Dutches saying "help me obi wan kenobi"

I can't wait to re-watch the episode once it goes on demand, I'm sure there's plenty more.

Also Obi-Wan make a pretty big reference (though I don't remember the exact sentence and technically it doesn't make sense since he learns about it at the end of RotS but..) to "if you strike me down I shall come back stronger than...."

Now that's what I'm talking about.

I must admit, I'm disappointed Sidious didn't completely clean house by killing Maul in addition to Savage. But we will see what he has in store...I really feel as though Maul will not make it through the series. I do hope that we see Mother Talzin again...hopefully Savage's death doesn't render her of no further use to the plot.

Like most of you, I didn't see Satine's sister being Bo-Katan. That was a pleasant surprise. Satine's death also came as a shock. She was never a character I necessarily bonded with, but for some reason, I was genuinely saddened by her demise. I could not help but draw similarities between her death and the finale of Moulin Rouge, where Ewan McGregor hold's Nicole Kidman's character, Satine, as she dies. It was very similar to Dutchess Satine's death.

I look forward to the conclusion of this storyline...and more Sidious!

I don't think it was a real defeat. Think about it, the only thing that fried Palpatine was his own force lightning. He could have simply stopped, rolled out the way and begun his attack again from better footing. The whole thing was staged for Anakin, whom Palpatine could sense arriving. While "pleading", he gives an obvious sideways glance at Anakin to see if the deception is working - he's almost smiling. The staged urgency of the scene and the line "you must choose!" was intended to send Anakin over the edge and force him to strike out.

Palpatine plans everything to an extreme degree. When the Jedi show up to arrest them, he seems to be fully aware of whats going on and is being coy about the whole thing. The only three times I can think of that he seemed to be genuinely caught off guard where when Padme fought back on Naboo, when Yoda showed up at the Senate building in ROTS, and when Vader tossed him down a shaft. That's why Anakin was the only one who could bring balance to the force, his decision to save his son was the one thing the Emperor could not foresee.

This is a raging debate still in the SW community, so it does not surprise me that someone would disagree. Though as I watch the film, to me it looks as though Mace Windu genuinely gains the advantage during the lightsaber duel, which isn't a stretch because in combat Windu is Yoda's equal according to his official bios. It's only when Palpatine is on the floor with Windu's lightsaber inches from his nose, when Anakin rushes in that Palpatine really seems to get confident and feel opportunistic. But, regardless, Lucas has said that Palpatine didn't allow Windu to win, the character profiles for both Windu and Palpatine on the official Star Wars website describe Windu as gaining the advantage, and make no mention of Palpatine throwing the fight.

The book "The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith" mentions that this particular scene was edited with the intention of making so that Palpatine did not fake his loss in the lightsaber duel.

I know Lucas has come out and said Mace Windu legitimately had the advantage, but feel free to watch the movie and have your own opinion. I still like to think Han shot first, so I get it.

Now that's what I'm talking about.

I must admit, I'm disappointed Sidious didn't completely clean house by killing Maul in addition to Savage. But we will see what he has in store...I really feel as though Maul will not make it through the series. I do hope that we see Mother Talzin again...hopefully Savage's death doesn't render her of no further use to the plot.

Like most of you, I didn't see Satine's sister being Bo-Katan. That was a pleasant surprise. Satine's death also came as a shock. She was never a character I necessarily bonded with, but for some reason, I was genuinely saddened by her demise. I could not help but draw similarities between her death and the finale of Moulin Rouge, where Ewan McGregor hold's Nicole Kidman's character, Satine, as she dies. It was very similar to Dutchess Satine's death.

I look forward to the conclusion of this storyline...and more Sidious!

Don't expect much more Sidious. That was probably the defining moment the character will have on the show in a physical sense. Kind of like Windu, they gave her one really bad *** episode as a fan service and then shelved him to focus on the main characters. Atleast this one had more of a direct impact. Savage was great, and now that Maul's a little puppet again, the show lost a nice chunk of its villainy.

This is a raging debate still in the SW community, so it does not surprise me that someone would disagree. Though as I watch the film, to me it looks as though Mace Windu genuinely gains the advantage during the lightsaber duel, which isn't a stretch because in combat Windu is Yoda's equal according to his official bios. It's only when Palpatine is on the floor with Windu's lightsaber inches from his nose, when Anakin rushes in that Palpatine really seems to get confident and feel opportunistic. But, regardless, Lucas has said that Palpatine didn't allow Windu to win, the character profiles for both Windu and Palpatine on the official Star Wars website describe Windu as gaining the advantage, and make no mention of Palpatine throwing the fight.

The book "The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith" mentions that this particular scene was edited with the intention of making so that Palpatine did not fake his loss in the lightsaber duel.

I know Lucas has come out and said Mace Windu legitimately had the advantage, but feel free to watch the movie and have your own opinion. I still like to think Han shot first, so I get it.

Well to me Windu may well have bested Sidous in lightsaber combat but Sidious never used his Force power during that fight and he's clearly above Windu in that domain.
I do hope we see more of him in any case.

I was very touch by Satine as well but mostly because of Obi-Wan. It was very similar to the way Qui-Gon died. Right in front of him, by the same person, in the same manner and totally helpless.
You can tell that when his Master dies he was young and reacted in anger but now he's older, wiser and has seen much. War is taking a big toll on Obi-Wan and it's not going to get better.
No wonder he went into exile.

Well to me Windu may well have bested Sidous in lightsaber combat but Sidious never used his Force power during that fight and he's clearly above Windu in that domain.
I do hope we see more of him in any case.

I was very touch by Satine as well but mostly because of Obi-Wan. It was very similar to the way Qui-Gon died. Right in front of him, by the same person, in the same manner and totally helpless.
You can tell that when his Master dies he was young and reacted in anger but now he's older, wiser and has seen much. War is taking a big toll on Obi-Wan and it's not going to get better.
No wonder he went into exile.

I have a feeling he is going to go all sand people on maul.

Poor Maul...hiss big, giant comeback years after disappointing his master on Naboo is just going to result in his former Master kicking his *** and then being used as a worm on a hook to get Anakin to cross a line, surely resulting in Maul's death.

Kind of tragic in my opinion. Almost moreso than Anakin/Vader.

Indeed a great episode. Loved the score by Kevin Kiner & the late Ian Abercrombie vocal performance was great. Only for a sec but I'm glad they dedicated the episode to Abercrombie.

Animated and/or CGI characters can always do better stunts than live actors lol. As for Sidious sparing Maul, well I'm going to assume Maul wished he was dead.

I hope at-least Dooku will meet Maul and give a few insults and force lashing too....:lol

Back