Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the TPM saber fight can rest easy that's it's still the best.
Never realized you were such a devout ballet appreciator Otomofan... While certainly flashy and (somewhat) entertaining to look at, there are just too many instances where they're clearly just striking to hit Mauls blades. Had it been an "authentic" fight he wouldn't have lasted 10 seconds against two fully trained Jedi. Now, the CORRECT answer to the question "Which is the best lightsaber battle in the entirety of the Star Wars franchise" is: Luke vs. Vader at Bespin (With the final fight at the Death Star being a close second). There may still be hope for you and I to retain our friendship, but don't push it...

Ah, you know what I meant. Of COURSE the Bespin duel remains the best saber fight in Star Wars. But the "normies" all think all the swirling and twirling in TPM and ROTS was "epic." I was merely referring to the actress saying they wanna outdo the "best" duel...pandering to the normies.

So anyway...there's a small contingency of SW fans that are taking this program very seriously, somehow.

On reddit and rebelscum and twitter they're all arguing about how it's all gonna line up with what we "know" and how Darth Plageius is gonna show up...or someone or something called "Tenebrous" is gonna be in it. Hmph. Nerds.

I feel bad for them. Not only for their terrible taste in television, but for believing for half a second that anyone in that writing room knows what a "Plagius" or "Tenebrous" is. Sad and delusional.

He was keeping secrets in that big pointy head of his. :lol

Personally I don't care because, like The Acolyte, I don't consider the PT canon either.
2Tl8VYY.gif

Ah, you know what I meant. Of COURSE the Bespin duel remains the best saber fight in Star Wars. But the "normies" all think all the swirling and twirling in TPM and ROTS was "epic."

The girl I was seeing at the time this came out did calisthenics - and as we sat the watching ROTS that whole battle just looked like one of her performances. Overly choreographed and empty of anything worthy beyond "action.".

Bespin is so good because is there is meaning and emotion behind every word, every step, every action. Every part enhances the overall story of both SW & TESB.

The girl I was seeing at the time this came out did calisthenics - and as we sat the watching ROTS that whole battle just looked like one of her performances. Overly choreographed and empty of anything worthy beyond "action.".

Bespin is so good because is there is meaning and emotion behind every word, every step, every action. Every part enhances the overall story of both SW & TESB.
I like the distinction between the eras though.

In the Prequels the Jedi are at the height of their power and have been for well over a millennia. These are beings that can sense each others next move, so it would almost be like a choreographed dance, because they know what to expect and are all highly trained and skilled.

In the OT it’s almost quickly become a “lost art”, Vader is half machine and doesn’t move like he used to. Luke briefly learned from some really old guys well beyond their primes - but for the most part is self taught and inexperienced so he can’t afford risks and has to be more methodical.

Interestingly, DSW keeps redefining what the Jedi are capable of, so even their abilities in the prequels (as you said, was supposed to be the height of their powers) look antiquated.
Like the Terminator sequels kept upping how strong and durable the T-800 was. Or how the Die Hard sequels gradually turned McClane into a Terminator, surviving pretty much everything with just a few cuts. The inevitable pathway of any franchise, escalation and moar bigger. If you like consistency you just have to tune it all out after a certain point and say 'nope'.

Interestingly, DSW keeps redefining what the Jedi are capable of, so even their abilities in the prequels (as you said, was supposed to be the height of their powers) look antiquated.
I think Disney Star Wars tried to strike a balance between both eras. You see this in the Sequels too.

Like the Terminator sequels kept upping how strong and durable the T-800 was. Or how the Die Hard sequels gradually turned McClane into a Terminator, surviving pretty much everything with just a few cuts. The inevitable pathway of any franchise, escalation and moar bigger. If you like consistency you just have to tune it all out after a certain point and say 'nope'.
True. But have any of the Terminator movies, as an example, even come remotely close to 1 & 2, regardless of how "big" they went? Nope - not even in the same galaxy. let alone ballpark.

By far the best DSW is Andor - and that's less. Way less.

Quality script, quality story, quality execution. It's only poor writers that think it needs to go bigger because they don't have the ability to write engaging characters and stories, so they mask it was bells and whistles.

Yeah, but Palatine's and Rey's powers in ep9 are beyond anything ever conceived or witnessed - to the point of being laughable.
I agree for the most part but it was the PT that started the escalation, what with Dooku ripping down giant structures in AOTC and Palpatine tossing around those Senate viewing pods in ROTS. Viewed through that lens, Rey & Kylo playing tug of war with that shuttle isn't quite so egregious. But Palpatine on Exegol? That's another story entirely lol...

Really liked the saber fights and some of the camera work in this episode.

Cool to see what I assume is cortosis made canon.

Confused by the dialogue between Sol and Smiley. What kind of master hides their face from their pupil? You should know. At first I thought Sith would be revealed that he was a former padawan of Sol, but I guess it is more connected to the fire we saw in the flashback and whatever really happened that night.

Sith was giving off some Dark Knight Joker vibes. He just wants to do whatever he wants to do as a chaos agent. But is he sith under the rule of two or is he sith-adjacent like how the witches were?

Really liked the saber fights and some of the camera work in this episode.

Cool to see what I assume is cortosis made canon.

Confused by the dialogue between Sol and Smiley. What kind of master hides their face from their pupil? You should know. At first I thought Sith would be revealed that he was a former padawan of Sol, but I guess it is more connected to the fire we saw in the flashback and whatever really happened that night.

Sith was giving off some Dark Knight Joker vibes. He just wants to do whatever he wants to do as a chaos agent. But is he sith under the rule of two or is he sith-adjacent like how the witches were?
Smiley also asked Sol point blank "Don't you remember me?", and I don't think he was referring to when they interrogated him as Qimir. Sol even said he recognized something (through the Force, I'm assuming) before his helmet came off, so it seems at the very least they've crossed paths before. Whether it was the night of the fire (most likely) or another time & place remains to be seen. Then again, it could be yet another example of this show's inconsistent dialogue lol...

Back