Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

Oh man, some of the things said in this thread so far (surprisingly from members I wouldn’t expect, did yall do a 180 while I was gone?) would of had me permabanned back on page 2 in the old days. :lol

I stay out of politics now on this crazy little web.

I’m gonna give this a shot but nothing from SW has really hooked me since Mando/Bad Batch. (I did like parts of Obi-Wan and Ashoka).

I’ll be reading this thread but when it comes to participating I’ll have to…

IMG_7758.gif

That's BS. Every time I go to the mechanic's shop, its filled to the brim with female mechanics. Every time. Really.

:D

Once, many moons ago my husband was working on my car, said car being parked at my in-laws' at the time. FIL wanders out, watches the proceedings for a few and then says to me:

"What's that?"

"Carburetor," I said.

"And what's that?" *points*

"That's the wiper fluid tank."

FIL: "And what are those?" *points to spark plug cables*

Me: "Those are spark plug cables." And just like that, I was a nine-day's wonder! I could identify stuff under the hood, this was not a girl thing to do! Not at all! 👀 Wow.

Later husband told me, "He had no idea what any of that stuff is, he's never worked on a car once, ever. Pay him no mind. That's why they had me, to do that kinda grunt work." Its too bad, I think I would make a passable mechanic and I would love to rebuild an engine and customize cars. I never tried because men torque things down so hard I would spend half a day trying to get one bolt loose. Which, stuff on a car needs to be tight and I get that. But yikes.

Really SW seems to have few jobs for women:

-slave
-mother of a mysterious child
-owner of a bar of questionable repute
-Rancor-bait
-table-dancer
-mechanic
-female Tusken Raider

That's 'bout it.

Once, many moons ago my husband was working on my car, said car being parked at my in-laws' at the time. FIL wanders out, watches the proceedings for a few and then says to me:

"What's that?"

"Carburetor," I said.

"And what's that?" *points*

"That's the wiper fluid tank."

FIL: "And what are those?" *points to spark plug cables*

Me: "Those are spark plug cables." And just like that, I was a nine-day's wonder! I could identify stuff under the hood, this was not a girl thing to do! Not at all! 👀 Wow.

Later husband told me, "He had no idea what any of that stuff is, he's never worked on a car once, ever. Pay him no mind. That's why they had me, to do that kinda grunt work." Its too bad, I think I would make a passable mechanic and I would love to rebuild an engine and customize cars. I never tried because men torque things down so hard I would spend half a day trying to get one bolt loose. Which, stuff on a car needs to be tight and I get that. But yikes.

Really SW seems to have few jobs for women:

-slave
-mother of a mysterious child
-owner of a bar of questionable repute
-Rancor-bait
-table-dancer
-mechanic
-female Tusken Raider

That's 'bout it.
As a prior mechanic, it’s not fun as a career- hobby maybe. There’s a reason most mechanics are felons or alcoholics. :lol

Forgot to add jedi to that list.

If Disney really wanted synergy, the opening scene could have been on Battu.

I liked the first two episodes. The fights were different and was interesting in that they don't go right to their sabers (at least the masters anyway). Kind of makes the start of the Yoda/Dooku fight make sense.

Also, happy to spot a Selkath in the background of one scene!

If Disney really wanted synergy, the opening scene could have been on Battu.

I liked the first two episodes. The fights were different and was interesting in that they don't go right to their sabers (at least the masters anyway). Kind of makes the start of the Yoda/Dooku fight make sense.

Also, happy to spot a Selkath in the background of one scene!
Yeah I definitely prefer that to the prequels when the Jedi were igniting their lightsabers every 5 seconds or every time they heard a strange noise.

:lol

You forgot Princess.

If you could be one of those, which one would you be?

I want to own a cantina of questionable repute, complete with shady ppl of all kinds. With bouncers, tho.

Or witch! Yeah thats a good one. I would ride around on rancors with resting b. face. Everybody else: whooo, no way she is not to be trifled with.

I am not joining the First Order, boi please. I am a criminal but I have a little pride.

Back