Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand how people might think Disney is forcing people to refer to the Force as the Thread. They are basically 2 words of the same thing based out of different belief systems, one from the Jedi/Sith, while the other is from whatever witches these are.

I do not think they are Nightsisters, since they refer to the Force as the Thread, and not the usual Magick. I wonder if they are more related to the mountain witches shown in Tales of the Empire? They seem more peaceful than the run of the mill Nightsister.

BoBF is still far worse for me, and Kenobi still below this series so far. It's not great (the acting of the kids wasn't really good IMO) but it's not horrible either.

Spoiler Spoiler:
This is not a dig at you at all. You have always been an awesome person on this form.

But almost 50 years after ANH was unleashed into the world we have now arrived with SW where you just described the main characters who are driving the main plot of the series as…

“WHATEVER WITCHES THESE ARE”

:rotfl

I will give you that their death could be used to show the Jedi helping the Sith or Sith taking advantage but as presented it was super lame.

Plus that dialogue that Forbes pointed out in their article buys you NO POINTS LOL

Last edited:
jane-foster-nathalie-portman.gif

Watch at your own risk.... :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

https://x.com/GWAPO42/status/1800731086361931792?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1800731086361931792|twgr^d6b825f8be9a7a5d85915037ec636badc0f08e91|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://embedly.forbes.com/widgets/media.html?type=text2Fhtmlkey=3ce26dc7e3454db5820ba084d28b4935schema=twitterurl=https3A//x.com/GWAPO42/status/1800731086361931792image=

Doctor Disaster asks whether episode 3 lived up to the hype and really ruined Star Wars:

He shows quotes from an article reviewing the episode, which picks up on the point that "...thanks to The Acolyte showrunner Leslye Headland, Plagueis is no longer the first Force user to manipulate the universal life energy to create life."

Doctor Disaster asks whether episode 3 lived up to the hype and really ruined Star Wars:

He shows quotes from an article reviewing the episode, which picks up on the point that "...thanks to The Acolyte showrunner Leslye Headland, Plagueis is no longer the first Force user to manipulate the universal life energy to create life."

Exactly. Isn't that how it was supposed to be?

The whole point of why Qui-Gon was so intrigued by Anakin and thought he was "The Chosen One". An old Jedi prophecy that has NEVER come to fruition before. A vergence in the Force, where the Force itself created life.

But, silly clueless Jedi/Sith... Happens all the time with Lesbian Space Witches...

They just had to pull some strings, literally... :lol

I don’t remember Palpatine saying Plagueis was “the first to ever do it”. I just got the impression it was a remarkably rare ability.

Wow! I've seemed to have missed a lot! I stopped watching when the Jedi armed with a lightsaber got killed by a tiny knife. I might have to tune in again.

I don’t remember Palpatine saying Plagueis was “the first to ever do it”. I just got the impression it was a remarkably rare ability.
And I was also under the impression that that rare ability made Anakin the chosen one, but somehow Palpatine returned and that rendered Anakin's story arc to be useless, come to think of it, it pretty much crapped on Luke's as well.

I don't understand how people might think Disney is forcing people to refer to the Force as the Thread. They are basically 2 words of the same thing based out of different belief systems, one from the Jedi/Sith, while the other is from whatever witches these are.

I do not think they are Nightsisters, since they refer to the Force as the Thread, and not the usual Magick. I wonder if they are more related to the mountain witches shown in Tales of the Empire? They seem more peaceful than the run of the mill Nightsister.

BoBF is still far worse for me, and Kenobi still below this series so far. It's not great (the acting of the kids wasn't really good IMO) but it's not horrible either.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Real world cultures have different names for the same things, I don't see how the "Thread" is controversial at all.

People are just reaching for things to me angry about, because they want to be angry about something.

Maybe that's the whole confusion with the dead witches laying around and not looking like they died from the fire.

Since its only roughly 100 years before TPM, there will be another flashback that shows Darth Plageuis showing up and forcing the witches to give them the secret, then he wipes them all out...

BUT, Headland is no way way smart enough to have ever thought/planned that out.... :lol

I'm sure she has exactly NO idea who Darth Plageuis is... :slap

What's funny is that all of this Force is Female nonsense they're pushing will only serve to make Han look like even more of a badass when he finally says "now if we can avoid any more female advice, maybe we can get out of here."

:lol

Man that whole "power of many" song/chant scene was cringe af.

So Mae and Osha are basically proto-Anakins. One dark, one light; but Anakin being both in one. The dark/light Twin idea kinda reminds me of Thexan and Arcann from The Old Republic MMO.

Lee Jung-jae remains the best thing about the show so far. Also impressive that he apparently learned English for this role in a pretty short time.

Back