Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they made one mother dark stern and war mongering and the other light peaceful and understanding.

They’re literally doing a cannibalization of their own lore from the Clone Wars.

Their deaths made no sense either lol
A deleted scene in the Blu-ray release's bonus materials will show that they all drank the Kool-Aid just before the group Orgasm Ascension scene. Reserve your copy today!

You did not miss anything. What exactly happened was hidden from the audience. I’m reasonably certain that there will be another flashback from another point of view later on.
Thats what I'm thinking. There has to be something more to it.
Theres no way the writers could make something as dumb as
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm guessing the Jedi were involved somehow. At this point I'm not even sure I care. Lol

Most of the people who are the demographic don’t like the direction and will call out a story that sucks .

I’m the demographic they want I guess cause I’m black but just cause I see a black character in a show or movie doesn’t mean I have to automatically fall head over heels in love with it. It needs to be done well .
Racist!...

Episode 3 is taking it's toll..

ta2.jpg

ta.jpg

ta3.jpg

I don't understand how people might think Disney is forcing people to refer to the Force as the Thread. They are basically 2 words of the same thing based out of different belief systems, one from the Jedi/Sith, while the other is from whatever witches these are.

I do not think they are Nightsisters, since they refer to the Force as the Thread, and not the usual Magick. I wonder if they are more related to the mountain witches shown in Tales of the Empire? They seem more peaceful than the run of the mill Nightsister.

BoBF is still far worse for me, and Kenobi still below this series so far. It's not great (the acting of the kids wasn't really good IMO) but it's not horrible either.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thats what I'm thinking. There has to be something more to it.
Theres no way the writers could make something as dumb as
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm guessing the Jedi were involved somehow. At this point I'm not even sure I care. Lol
No doubt they want us to think the Jedi are involved so we'll ooh and aah over their BIG REVEAL as to the real culprit in this "mystery". My guess is that the Jedi are probably only guilty of unintentionally leading a Sith to the coven's location, and he wielded his dark powers to spread the fire unnaturally to either kill the witches or distract the Jedi (other than Sol, who was saving Osha) while he dispatched them and made off with Mae. If the writing and story structure was better and the characters better developed this could have been a fun show, but right now it just feels like a clunky mess.

I'm surprised anyone was able to make it through this episode long enough to be outraged. I found the first two eps decently watchable, but this one was so incredibly dull that I had to bail after 15 minutes before whatever the big controversy was. 😄

The controversy is so nothing it hardly matters... pretty much like the rest of the show.

I don't understand how people might think Disney is forcing people to refer to the Force as the Thread. They are basically 2 words of the same thing based out of different belief systems, one from the Jedi/Sith, while the other is from whatever witches these are.

I do not think they are Nightsisters, since they refer to the Force as the Thread, and not the usual Magick. I wonder if they are more related to the mountain witches shown in Tales of the Empire? They seem more peaceful than the run of the mill Nightsister.

BoBF is still far worse for me, and Kenobi still below this series so far. It's not great (the acting of the kids wasn't really good IMO) but it's not horrible either.

Spoiler Spoiler:

In my post posing the question whether this really was a 'breaking star wars' moment, I almost referenced the various names used by different groups in the Walking Dead for zombies as a parallel for Force/Thread.

I don't think the 'Thread' is really an issue, because the Jedi still refer to it as the Force.

The issue is that it looks as though they're defining a witch matriarchy standing against a Jedi patriarchy, subverting the power of the Jedi (who were already being emasculated in The Last Jedi with Luke withdrawing to his remote hermitage):

a1.png

a2.png
a3.png
a4.png

a16.png

This is one of those moment when normal people get a peek at the Star Wars fan discourse and say “no thanks”.

I'm pretty sure "normies" were well and truly over SW long before this show. The last normie resurgence would have been The Mandalorian 1 and maybe 2... and that's 5 years ago.

No doubt they want us to think the Jedi are involved so we'll ooh and aah over their BIG REVEAL as to the real culprit in this "mystery". My guess is that the Jedi are probably only guilty of unintentionally leading a Sith to the coven's location, and he wielded his dark powers to spread the fire unnaturally to either kill the witches or distract the Jedi (other than Sol, who was saving Osha) while he dispatched them and made off with Mae. If the writing and story structure was better and the characters better developed this could have been a fun show, but right now it just feels like a clunky mess.
Oh, it'll probably be worse, something to undermine the Jedi like one of the witches tried something and a Jedi overextended themselves and did a mind whoopsie, like Paul Muad'Dib, and melted everyone's brains...

probably the sociopath twin attacking Andara, underscoring these are uncompromising child abusers etc....
which is why Andara asks why the sociopath is showing up.

or, the showrunners can't think past Filoni who got rid of all his witches on Dathomir, supposedly (at least in physical form); so it's co-opting the Asaj Ventress arc. (But no worries, Rings of Power Season 2 has a new female choir set up to chant to rocks. Must be a thing in Hollywood now. )

Down the road, we'll hear about "all these women are spun into the Thread so they are never really gone" as good twin unlocks her superpowers. :stake

The issue is that it looks as though they're defining a witch matriarchy standing against a Jedi patriarchy, subverting the power of the Jedi (who were already being emasculated in The Last Jedi with Luke withdrawing to his remote hermitage):

It's nothing new tho, thanks to Filoni. And if Hollywood thinks it's a good idea to, say, in the future, have a bunch of anarchist witches more or less in charge of the Force, down the road - maybe combine it with the Rey movies - that's up there with the last Indy film. E.g. dilute the rules of a created world to the point it's meaningless.

At least for me, the concept of right/wrong and adherence/breaking a code, that discipline, and the resulting tensions, are fascinating for me both in SW and the Mandalorian, and John Wick and Middle Earth, for that matter. The whole philosophy of the Jedi was underpinned by restraint in use of the Force, so there was all the hard training, and selflessness. Something this show decided to ignore in favor of "power, and who gets to use it". Well, OK, anyone including broom boy can now wield the Force, because that's "more fair". It becomes instantly uninteresting as a concept.

Heck, one of the best moments in BOBF is Boba asking Mando if he still believes in all that twaddle, and being happy that Mando does. IMO a mediocre writer like Hedley wasn't bothering, and neither was Disney, considering the long term problems with diluting key concepts. Bad self insert fan fiction is rarely concerned with watering down concepts and characters tho. That's why productions like Netflix's Blood Origin exist. And Hedley is an RJ fan, confusing "daring" with bad writing.

Last edited:
In my post posing the question whether this really was a 'breaking star wars' moment, I almost referenced the various names used by different groups in the Walking Dead for zombies as a parallel for Force/Thread.

I don't think the 'Thread' is really an issue, because the Jedi still refer to it as the Force.

View attachment 707510

View attachment 707511View attachment 707512View attachment 707513

View attachment 707514
giphy (10).gif

Spoiler Spoiler:
I agree they're not forcing anyone to refer to the Force as the Thread and I can accept that a non-Jedi group can be in tune with it & call it by another name but inserting the priestess's lines "Some call it a Force and claim to use it but we know the Thread is not a power you wield, etc., etc."??? I think Headland's just willfully courting controversy by implying that her all-female group knows better than the Jedi. If this was established organically over time within the show then maybe its merit could be discussed/debated, but to expect the fan base to accept this simply by having a character speak the words is pure folly.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure "normies" were well and truly over SW long before this show. The last normie resurgence would have been The Mandalorian 1 and maybe 2... and that's 5 years ago.

Well maybe the normies don't care, but with another season of Andor and Ahsoka coming I'd say SW is still (barely) clinging to life.

But that pulse is getting really damn weak...

Back