Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vlcsnap-2024-06-12-07h28m01s669.png

Even the kids are on drugs in this series!

"Spice, in any of its dozens of varieties, was the plague on the galaxy; a horribly addicting drug that its victims would lie, steal, assault, and murder for."―Reflections of Eli Vanto (Thrawn novel)

Breaking it down, these witches set themselves apart from the Jedi, refer to the Force as a 'Thread' and have their own definition of what the Force is and what it means.

Does that break Star Wars as some critics have claimed? Or is it just the viewpoint of a different sect of Force users?

This coven of Thread users is undeniably a matriarchy. I didn't spot a single man among them, so you could equate them with the Amazons of Greek myth.

It begs the question: if the Thread coven are a matriarchy, do the Jedi now represent the patriarchy? If so it's only from the perspective of the coven and creators of The Acolyte.

Does that even have the power to 'break' Star Wars? Head canon aside, there will no doubt be other Star Wars projects with other visions.

The way the two mothers created Osha and Mae obviously isn't the definitive way that Jedi are born, since their method is a secret of the coven.

Not to say that this method won't be retconned for other characters, including Anakin.

a1.png
a2.png
a3.png
a4.png

a15.png
a16.png

Just saw episode 3. I'm glad this thread exists because I'm either stupid, or this episode was really confusing. lol
So according to this thread, and from what I understand,episode 3 was
basically about how a witch had force (sorry, THE THREAD) sex and somehow created twins with it. Also, what kind of witches were they? Were they former Dathomir witches? I can't recall the show saying.Also the ritual, why were they all standing around moaning and acting weird? Were they having lesbian witch sex through the force? Creating more "thread" twins or something?
What was the ascension about? Where were they ascending too? Why was there a giant hole? Were they going to throw the kids in there? Was there a rancor down there?
And why did the mountain catch on fire so easily?! Was the entire mountain made out of coal? And if so, how did they stay warm? Heating would be super dangerous! It would be very hazardous to raise twin children in/on a coal mountain. Too bad OSHA wasn't around to give them some safety tips. hehe get it? OSHA heh

Anyway, what a weird episode. It boggles the mind how this got a budget of 180million and Obi-Wan only got 90m.
Some of that would be Hedley's worship of Rian Johnson who also had a thing for uber powered women and gigantic holes, combined with Filoni's influence.

As expected, either, "it's the best ever" or " it's the worst ever."

Having not watched ep2, I couldn't help myself to see if 3 was truly as "bad" as it was said to be.

* the twin actors aren't very good actors, and coupled with the writing, just draw attention to themselves. (And why do they have exactly the same hairstyle when they're adults?)
* so they are genuinely trying to change, not only the name, but The Force in general, to The Thread?
* why are they "witches?" I always thought that had negative connotations to it? Or is that the point, to say "witches" throughout history have been misjudged and mistreated people?
* Holy hell that ascension chant thing was frighteningly bad. Bad writing. Bad acting. Everything. It was like watching some lunatic cult that thought that what they were doing was important - but from outside, looked like a bunch of nutters.
* "the power of many" is a not so subtle, call to arms.
* why were all the witches around the big hole swaying like they were whacked off their heads on something?
* the Jedi are dicks (but then again, they were like that in the PT).
* I read somewhere years ago that Palpatine created Anakin, so here we're saying the leader created the twins and the Maul lady carried them? Can't blame the writers for that - George already set that sort of precedent with the PT.
* the twin saying she'll kill the other one was just bizarre.
*the witches can create life but couldn't sense when there was a fire?????? They must be as dumb as the Jedi in the PT not being able to sense Palpatine.
* did I miss something - why did all the witches die???? The twin started the fire, then sabotaged some machine, then they're all dead????
*the twin that's falls and becomes an assassin as an adult pulled a Maul and lived after falling a thousand feet into some kind of volcano?

The worst bit I initially struggled with was calling The Force something else - but - The Force was taking all religions and distilling them down into their basic fundamentals - and how many different names are there for different religions that we actually have, when essentially every one of them follows a "god." So I guess it makes sense if these witches have their own faith and name? I don't know? And I don't really care to spend any more time thinking about it.

Overall, at the end of the day, Chat GPT 4.0 could write a better story and script, as this is all pretty mediocre stuff.

And I'm going to have to say it... it's isn't anywhere near in the same realm of atrocity that Obi-Wan was. For me that's worse than the Ewok movies, The Holiday Special and every garbage bit of SW ever produced, combined. Should have been called Benny Hill - Kenobi.

Breaking it down, these witches set themselves apart from the Jedi, refer to the Force as a 'Thread' and have their own definition of what the Force is and what it means.

Does that break Star Wars as some critics have claimed? Or is it just the viewpoint of a different sect of Force users?

This coven of Thread users is undeniably a matriarchy. I didn't spot a single man among them, so you could equate them with the Amazons of Greek myth.

It begs the question: if the Thread coven are a matriarchy, do the Jedi now represent the patriarchy? If so it's only from the perspective of the coven and creators of The Acolyte.

Does that even have the power to 'break' Star Wars? Head canon aside, there will no doubt be other Star Wars projects with other visions.

The way the two mothers created Osha and Mae obviously isn't the definitive way that Jedi are born, since their method is a secret of the coven.

Not to say that this method won't be retconned for other characters, including Anakin.

IMO the real question is when does a "story extension" mangle the rules of a created world to the degree the "extension" is only milking the name of the original world. This is one of the biggest criticisms of fan fiction, along with self insertions.

Clearly the Jedi weren't a patriarchy since the Force itself is described as "energy" created by "all living things". Not to mention all the female Jedi that died from Order 66.

It could just as easily be retconned that these witches weren't using the Force at all, but were doing whatever the Dathomir witches were doing, which is why the Jedi didn't think much of them. And it sure isn't likely that Shmi was nipping around the block to join in a sing song with the local coven.

For myself it doesn't break Star Wars, being an egregious example of the worst sort of franchise name milking, comparable to horrendous sequels like Jaws 3.
I'm not alone; there's already comments all over about this being the absolute worst SW in the history of the franchise. At best, it's boring.

Crazy to think that the greatest franchise in history is now the single worst thing in pop culture. At least as far as what's being put out now.

There's never been a better time to say goodbye, let it all die, and revisit the old stuff until this garbage is a distant memory.
This is why I bought the Mando and Andor movies.

Last edited:
Crazy to think that the greatest franchise in history is now the single worst thing in pop culture. At least as far as what's being put out now.

There's never been a better time to say goodbye, let it all die, and revisit the old stuff until this garbage is a distant memory.

In other words, until KK is a distant memory.

I’m baffled by the melting down I’m seeing over this episode. It was cringe, but it does not “break canon” or “destroy Anakin’s legacy” or whatever.

The outraged viewers seem so desperate to justify their outrage by pretending that this mediocre Star Wars show somehow invalidates or compromises their chosen beloved Star Wars stories. It doesn’t.

They sound like diners at a pizza parlor, who love pepperoni but hate pineapple, sitting there with their pepperoni pizza but FREAKING OUT that somebody five tables over had the gall to order pineapple. How dare they!

This is one of those moment when normal people get a peek at the Star Wars fan discourse and say “no thanks”.

*the witches can create life but couldn't sense when there was a fire?????? They must be as dumb as the Jedi in the PT not being able to sense Palpatine.
* did I miss something - why did all the witches die???? The twin started the fire, then sabotaged some machine, then they're all dead????
*the twin that's falls and becomes an assassin as an adult pulled a Maul and lived after falling a thousand feet into some kind of volcano?

You did not miss anything. What exactly happened was hidden from the audience. I’m reasonably certain that there will be another flashback from another point of view later on.

So they made one mother dark stern and war mongering and the other light peaceful and understanding.

They’re literally doing a cannibalization of their own lore from the Clone Wars.

Their deaths made no sense either lol

Back