Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"We've got top men working to fix The Acolyte now."

"Who?"

"Top. Men."

QyzP3gU.jpeg

You know at the end of the day I think I can still safely say that I'm glad that George sold the IP to Disney. I just don't think we'd have ever gotten a Rogue One or Mando Season 1 and 2 with him at the helm. I think that BOBF was the best we could have expected from him (which for all its faults still felt very "George Lucas-y" to me.)

The ST were fun to experience for me but ultimately bring nothing of any particular value to the overall Saga, OWK was a dumpster fire of course as is The Acolyte, Ahsoka was "okay" but still probably a net negative, Mando Season 3 was a definite downgrade from the previous two seasons but I'd still say it ended up being redeemed by the two-part finale and Mando/Grogu send-off. Since they seemed to indicate that all of Gideon's cloning attempts were just for his own ends and not to create Snoke or Palpatine 2.0 then that's easily kept separate from the ST as well.

I do think that SW is clearly "over" as far as anything current or upcoming is concerned but I just may pick up the 4K releases of Mando and keep my fingers crossed for a physical BOBF as well. :monkey3

And I'm jumping in on this one saying I'm half with you...

I've got tats. One of them on my left shoulder is the Bantha Skull symbol (not going to call it whatever the **** it's meant to be called today - same as the Slave 1, it's the ******* Slave 1) when I was about 25... a while ago. In a time when Boba Fett (aside from his lame death), was nothing more than an insanely mysterious, cool, only-one-to-stand-up-to-Vader, bastard.

Then George made him into a kid "Get him Dad. Fire!"

Then Mando, gave me faith again when he kicked the **** out of everything and took over Jabba's Palace (although his old-man gut disturbed me).

Then BOBF... let's just say to spent days trying to scrub off my tattoo with an angle grinder and all it did was make it as bad as the show was :(
Best comment of the week, and pretty much exactly how I feel about the once awesome Boba Fett.
Just got home from a great overseas holiday, and finally sat down and watched 1-3 of Acolyte and damn, what a way to come crashing back to reality. Jeeeezuz, what a disaster. How can people who have no interest in Star Wars be allowed to produce a Star Wars television series?

I think if there's one thing that annoys me the most, how do these writers, directors and producers keep getting hired for these Star Wars projects?
With The Acolyte, BoBF, and even some episodes of Mando, I don't think these folks could care less about the SW universe or any of it's history. I honestly doubt Headland has never seen any of George's SW movies, and I'd bet money she definitely never read any of the novels. The only thing she cared about was the payday when she was writing this lazy crap.
I suppose the payday's are the only thing any of them care about anymore. None of them seem to realize (or care) how much SW meant for those of us that grew up with it.
While I don't think Acolyte will ever be revelavent enough (or taken seriously enough) to actually change any of it's original lore, it is sad to see such an amazing universe that George created turn into something with this much lazy writing and idiotic ideas.
I wish they would hire some the writers from the earlier novels to create something new - with George's input of course.
Cheapness and the desire to keep profits up. Those threads were spun into a noose around End Game :monkey3

I didn't save all the article links, but basically Disney/MCU was a cash cow juggernaut, while Warner Brothers was limping along. But a company has to keep its earnings up and/or increase them. At the same time, banks had pulled back from funding anything but a sure thing which meant lots of sequels/prequels.

The foreign/female/marginalized community was viewed as the next golden goose, especially with successes like Frozen. Finally, there literally aren't that many directors who can really handle a big budget production and they are in demand. Throw in the move to hire cheaper, inexperienced writers (you can bet the Russos cost more than Headland) and you get terrible scripts. Along with "good enough" special effects unlike films that have withstood aging. (You know it's bad out there, when there's a writers' strike and nobody notices).

Fear. Fear of on investments for more experienced directors/writers, fear of the Twitter mob, fear of stock losses, fear of originality. Which has backfired spectacularly same as a restaurant who reduces their portion size, or changes its menu. Even the MCU was talking, way back, how after EG there'd be more "cosmic stories". It could be argued that a lot of comics take place in space, but working on a green screen is a lot cheaper than a location shoot.

Netflix is so fearful they axe good shows with fan followings after one season - they are notorious for it. For myself just give me Andor Season 2 and maybe wind up Mando's arc. I'm afraid of anything else SW that Disney puts out. Like, bet some of these witches show up in Mando 2.:stake:yuck

It's the Lucas' OT that will go in the Disney vault, and their Priestesses to Rey "thread" story arc, that will represent Disney Star Wars going forward.

Sadly, yes. When they spent billions making a park that doesn't represent anything from any SW location, you have to wonder what genius thought that was good idea.And if it was KK, she's either the best salesperson in the world or definitely has incriminating evidence on every Hollywood heavyweight.

bet some of these witches show up in Mando 2.
Where's Clarence Bodicker when you need him? :monkey3

But yes, I think the lesbian space witches are guaranteed to keep making appearances from this point on. Disney/LFL has shown that they truly do not care about pleasing fans or making money. They won't course correct like when George all but eliminated Jar Jar from Episodes II and III, or Feige essentially buried the Eternals. No, they'll double, triple, and quadruple down on all the things that the "overwhelming male" fanbase that KK hates doesn't like (though in their idiocy they're not even making stuff that girls like either.)

Remember, Hedland said she just loved the story of Frozen.
I guess this is supposed to be some sort of embarrassing story/message to this sister of hers who wisely is laying low.
During an interview last year at Star Wars Celebration discussing the series, Headland said, “When I saw Frozen as a grown a** woman, I cried through the entire movie. There was just something about the relationship between the sisters, the like devillainization of the classic kind of fairy tale ‘bad guy,’ you know, the concept of true love being between two sisters and not a heterosexual relationship. It just destroyed me, completely.”

She continued, “And I thought, ‘Gosh, I would love to make something like this, for lack of a better term, Disney.’ Meaning something that like my parents would have allowed me to see when I was younger as a queer person, but I would have been able to understand as a queer person. And I think I would have had a completely different life. And so I really was inspired by it and was like, ‘God, I would love to make a story like this.’”
:horror

Back