Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Oof!
wicket.gif

Have not rated the show yet as I have not yet watched it (and I am fast losing motivation to even do so) so no fake 1 star review from me. I do think that even if you halved all the 1 star reviews that this show will have a low score. The fakest reviews are likely all those early 10 star ones....

You know at the end of the day I think I can still safely say that I'm glad that George sold the IP to Disney. I just don't think we'd have ever gotten a Rogue One or Mando Season 1 and 2 with him at the helm. I think that BOBF was the best we could have expected from him (which for all its faults still felt very "George Lucas-y" to me.)

The ST were fun to experience for me but ultimately bring nothing of any particular value to the overall Saga, OWK was a dumpster fire of course as is The Acolyte, Ahsoka was "okay" but still probably a net negative, Mando Season 3 was a definite downgrade from the previous two seasons but I'd still say it ended up being redeemed by the two-part finale and Mando/Grogu send-off. Since they seemed to indicate that all of Gideon's cloning attempts were just for his own ends and not to create Snoke or Palpatine 2.0 then that's easily kept separate from the ST as well.

I do think that SW is clearly "over" as far as anything current or upcoming is concerned but I just may pick up the 4K releases of Mando and keep my fingers crossed for a physical BOBF as well. :monkey3
I could live without everything that Disney SW has created. I could have lived without watching SW becoming what it has become

RO and Andor are the only truly quality products to come out of all this.

If someone told me 20 years ago I would intentionally not watch a SW live action show I would have thought they were crazy and yet here I am.

The best thing to come out of Disney SW is that it made me appreciate the PT more

I could live without everything that Disney SW has created. I could have lived without watching SW becoming what it has become

If someone told me 20 years ago I would intentionally not watch a SW live action show I would have thought they were crazy and yet here I am.

The best thing to come out of Disney SW is that it made me appreciate the PT more
I think that Disney lost the horizon with Star Wars. Maybe they were overwhelmed by the thought of having to repeat the success of the previous movies, when in fact all they had to do was stick with the original formula of a good story, and most of all a story of friendships, good vs bad, and that's it. The OT is just that. Disney had / has at their disposal probably infinite amounts of cash to have hired the best writers and generate the best ideas.

Mando season 1 and 2 , worked, because they followed the original formula.

OWK, princess Leia captured and rescued and captured and rescued , again. What? The same plot point twice?

Ashoka was ok , I guess, but another hallway lightsaber scene?

BOBF was entertaining at least, it was nice to see Boba Fett in his own show now and then, lol. But the Boba we got in Mando , was not the Boba we got in his own show.

Acolyte- no idea where this show is going.

Andor- worked, because they followed the original formula. Good story telling.

Anyway, these are my opinions, but Disney purchased the goose that could have laid golden eggs for them, but they somehow neutered it.

Yes to all that except I would also add Mando to the very good list.

I love baby Yoda lol

"And what happens if the Jedi discover how you created them?"

After only watching 1 & 3, this is the only line I give two ***** about, because I want to hear what their explanation is.

If it is as Palpatine said about Plagueis - whoever greenlit that decision should be sacked immediately. Surely it's not. Surely they're going to try and pull another "thread" maneuver, just to further piss on the dried up dead corpse that is SW...

Wanna talk wookies? Totally down for it.

Wanna discuss woke? We have a section for that.

The mods and I are monitoring, and are going with super light touch right now since we just built out the darkroom, but please understand it wont always be that way.

If you would like to discuss "woke" and its place in media, please request access to the dark room thread. @Yoda will get you set up super quick and in a hurry.

This will be my last note in this thread on this subject. I'm going to try and watch Acolyte this weekend (how could I not at this point?) and hope to return to discuss it and not politics, wokeness, or anything like it.

Well said.

"And what happens if the Jedi discover how you created them?"

After only watching 1 & 3, this is the only line I give two ***** about, because I want to hear what their explanation is.

If it is as Palpatine said about Plagueis - whoever greenlit that decision should be sacked immediately. Surely it's not. Surely they're going to try and pull another "thread" maneuver, just to further piss on the dried up dead corpse that is SW...
Now if Plagueis (or whoever that dude with the red light saber is) actually created Mae & Osha and just let the Priestess and her horn-headed friend (Koril?) think she did it, THAT would have the makings of an interesting story (I'm assuming he'd still need a female to carry the babies to term). That would be Dark Side scheming & manipulation on par with Palpatine's grooming of Anakin. But even if that turns out to be the case, Headland's storytelling is so ridiculously haphazard and her main characters so meh that if such a reveal arrives it will likely be met with apathy....or downright disgust.

I think it was pretty clear that the Priestess's lesson about The Thread was meant by Headland to infer that they should be seen as superior to those (aka, the Jedi) who viewed it as a "Force to be wielded". And again, if we were shown examples of this rather than just have it told to us it could have (a) been thought provoking and (b) provided the opportunity for an interesting Coven/Jedi dynamic to explore. But alas, it was not to be.

BTW, did anyone else find it ironic that, after her Thread lesson scene, the first thing the Priestess does when the Jedi showed up was take mental control of the padawan and threaten to wipe his mind if they don't leave? IDK, seemed like the textbook definition of wielding a force to me lol...
To me, it was more of a "my religion is superior to yours" thing. If they do not think their own belief system is superior to that of the establishment (Jedi) then they probably wouldn't have any reason to stick to that belief.

So it can still go either way. Either their belief system is indeed superior, or they are not. It has not been proven either way. She even goes for the weakest of the Jedi. The fact that she has gone offensive shows a sign of weakness on her part.

Back