Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she does, but even if she doesn't it's still a testament to either her own speaking ability or minimally the existence of at least a foundation of well-rounded character traits in the person she's playing.

Carrie often had no idea what her character was even talking about and joked about the clunky dialogue but she still found ways to describe Leia in a way that was endearing:

Really sucks that she's gone. Her interviews were the best thing to come out of the ST, bringing her little dog everywhere.

Oh ...and just one more thing about Andor. It's a STAR WARS story that thus far has not had any Jedi in it at all. Imagine making a Jaws movie without a shark or a Back to the Future film with no time travel, yet have it be good. Thats been Andor so far. Great storytelling and pace, character development, come to think of it, there were barely any aliens in it. You can have all the lightsabers, all the Skywalkers, aliens and space battles, but it'll mean nothing without a good story.

I didn't like that about it. I was perfectly fine with no Jedis and Sith, I'm sick of those too, they're a big part of why I'm not watching this show. But the relative lack of aliens and droids in Andor I actually found jarring. Like they totally forgot it was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. By all means have the exact same storyline and don't feel the need to make the central characters aliens or droids, fine, but its Star Wars, they certainly should be going about in the background.

I probably should watch Andor again, I'm just going on memory, it seemed like a total human-fest.

Last edited:

g9zbtgew906c1.jpg

'Disney Minus Four' (billion)

Oh ...and just one more thing about Andor. It's a STAR WARS story that thus far has not had any Jedi in it at all. Imagine making a Jaws movie without a shark or a Back to the Future film with no time travel, yet have it be good. Thats been Andor so far. Great storytelling and pace, character development, come to think of it, there were barely any aliens in it. You can have all the lightsabers, all the Skywalkers, aliens and space battles, but it'll mean nothing without a good story.
Thing is, the original movie was not full of Jedi. Obiwan was there for a short time but the main thrust of the story was the rebels in their desperate conflict with the Empire.

Apart from Mos Eisley there weren't many aliens either, and only 2 droids we saw a lot of.

Andor is closer to the OT in that way than most folk realise. Aliens were few but they were there, same with droids, though I think that was more down to keeping budget in check and not about snubbing non humans. RO had plenty alien and droid representation as it was movie budget. Meanwhile Andor, while relatively high budget, was still made on a much smaller per episode TV budget so swaths of aliens and droids were not going to happen, especially since they weren't necessary to tell the story.

What an absolute snooze fest.

The dialogue exchanges are abysmal beyond comprehension.

That’s the biggest crime.

It’s freaking boring.

LOL at skinny boy Sith it’s freaking obvious now who it is. :slap

The Acolyzzzzzzzz.

Back