Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got Star Wars Theory's live reaction playing and he's cracking me up because he's literally tearing up with laughter at Ki Adi Mundi conspiring to keep the Jedi murders a secret from Yoda and the rest of the Council and then will pretend to believe that the Sith "have been extinct for a thousand years" in TPM? :lol

EDIT: Okay he stopped laughing and is now stomping around in fury, ah good times. I'm so glad I no longer care. :lol

Last edited:
Episode 4 was rough for me too. :ROFLMAO: The acting was really bland here, and the script felt disjointed. I felt the whole episode could have been 10 minutes long.

As soon as I saw this guy, Bazil, I wondered if he was the same species as Odumin, who posed as Spray the skip tracer (debt collector) in Han Solo's Revenge, as from the writing I imagined him like an otter:

vlcsnap-2024-06-19-06h28m42s197.png

Turns out he is, so this must be their first live action appearance. (Sad news for their species that it had to be in The Acolyte).

Tynnans were based on a cross between an otter and a beaver.

Tyn.jpg

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tynnan#:~:text=The Tynnans were a species,during the Campaign at Salient.

So there's that, a nod to the 1979 expanded universe, though Bazil's played more for laughs as a cute pet dog.

It's a better episode, but the benchmark was pretty low.

This is the story to watch...

vlcsnap-2024-06-19-06h55m30s385.png
vlcsnap-2024-06-19-06h55m39s258.png

What an absolute snooze fest.

The dialogue exchanges are abysmal beyond comprehension.

That’s the biggest crime.

It’s freaking boring.

LOL at skinny boy Sith it’s freaking obvious now who it is. :slap

The Acolyzzzzzzzz.

Man, you deserver a medal -really taking (several) for the team! You're a better man than I - after 1 & 3, I'm done.

As I don't give a crap about spoilers or watching anymore - who is the Muppet Sith? You said it's obvious because of the physicality or character? If it's character - what's the ***** problem? Why is he having a whinge?

I think she does, but even if she doesn't it's still a testament to either her own speaking ability or minimally the existence of at least a foundation of well-rounded character traits in the person she's playing.

Carrie often had no idea what her character was even talking about and joked about the clunky dialogue but she still found ways to describe Leia in a way that was endearing:

It’s true that the prequels had some bad dialogue, but they seem like fine literature compared to some of the dialogue in The Acolyte.

There are scenes in The Acolyte where a character will say a line of dialogue and then later say or do something else that directly contradicts what they just said. Some times even in the same scene.

The scenes literally feel like a high school play it’s really that bad.

The low key slow paced low volume acting left me wishing to watch paint dry instead.

Mae flips on a dime which comes out of left field which made zero sense.

It's like the directors are telling the cast, "Less energy, less passion. Make it flat and put a pause in it."

From the first episode I was surprised by Dafne Keen. She's the only one I know from anything else, and she's always been good. Yet here her delivery is very matter of fact, though in episode 4 she seems to be a little more animated in her speech.

Ki-Adi-Mundi wasn't born until like 40 years after this, and he says in the prequels that the Sith have been extinct for 1,000 years.

I think this show has interesting ideas, just poorly executed.

Episode 4 was fine. It's so weird to compare a "normal" episode to last's week monstrosity.

Don't get me wrong, this show is crap, but other than Episode 3 I still rate it higher than Ahsoka.

Back