Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mando S1-S2 are infinitely worth revisiting so much so that I bought them and will also buy Mando S3 and BOBF because of the 2 excellent Mando episodes in that.

Acolyte will ultimately end up being a one and done, it’s already there.

I don’t think they will stick the landing with their “sith” narrative which was the entire premise of the show.

I can’t believe they’re doing the “Phantom Menace” all over again lol

Then evoking The Knights of Ren for some odd reason that ultimately will also not pay off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
As amazing as Andor S1 was I do need for S2 to stick the landing so that I can consider them worthy of owning as a quality prequel to an already quality prequel.

Wait a minute considering George Miller pulled off a rare feat by giving us a great prequel to FR this puts Andor in a very unique category.

If Andor S2 sticks the landing that will make Andor and RO both great prequels.

Interesting.

But Andor S2 needs to stick that landing and I can’t see how it won’t.

May the Thread be with they!
It isn’t with The Acolyte..

1719462931492.gif

Been a fan of Amandla for a while, I’m liking her in the double role. (She’s great in A24’s Bodies Bodies Bodies, but that may be a bit too Gen Z for folks on here :lol)

I’d love to see some figures made from this but tough to say if HT will…lol

I NEED a Jecki. Most badass dual wielding choreography I’ve ever seen. Dafne killed it!

Last edited:
Yeah...and I explained it all. 90's then fast forward to today and we have Kung Fu Jedi Sith whatever that was in SWA. It's pure junk, drivel, and world breaking.

Is Ninjas a thing in Star Wars that I do not know about?
Why couldn’t they be..?

I have my own issues with the show but it’s not “world breaking” whatsoever.

Been a fan of Amandla for a while, I’m liking her in the double role. (She’s great in A24’s Bodies Bodies Bodies, but that may be a bit too Gen Z for folks on here :lol)
I liked Bodies Bodies Bodies (what a thoroughly obnoxious and detestable cast of characters!) but she was as wooden and bland in that as she is in this. Maybe she's better in other stuff, but she's just awful in this. Her limited range and is just one of the reasons this is getting so savaged.

Better than the two kids actors though, I guess. Sheesh.

And Mrs. Headland is a pretty terrible actor as well. Doubt she's ever gonna get work from any other directors after this.

When I was younger in the 90's...I used to think light sabers were a hard thing to use and only a Jedi could use and activate it. It takes a Jedi to use the force to activate it..yes there is also a button...
It helps to watch a movie called the Empire Strikes Back where a non-force sensitive space pirate uses Lukes lightsaber to cut open a Tauntaun...

Ughhh, someone had to bring up lightsabers... The new lightsabers in this show are a joke. :ohbfrank:

Disney actually made the hilts much thicker when compared to literally every design before, so when they make their replicas and sell them at the parks and online the reviewers can't rip them apart and they will be closer in size to the FAR superior 3rd party unlicensed versions out there. That's just sad. They all look so stupidly large in the hands of the "Thread" users on the tardolyte...

Instead of making a better product, just change said product to match your ability.. :slap

Ughhh, someone had to bring up lightsabers... The new lightsabers in this show are a joke. :ohbfrank:

Disney actually made the hilts much thicker when compared to literally every design before, so when they make their replicas and sell them at the parks and online the reviewers can't rip them apart and they will be closer in size to the FAR superior 3rd party unlicensed versions out there. That's just sad. They all look so stupidly large in the hands of the "Thread" users on the tardolyte...

Instead of making a better product, just change said product to match your ability.. :slap
My head-canon has the sabers thicker because it is using a less sophisticated technology than to the ones in the PT onwards.

In reality, I read somewhere the hilts were made thicker because the blades were practical and they had to fit in a power-source there. In Ahsoka they got away with this by hiding wires in the sleeves.

I do prefer these practical sabers though. While they are later enhanced using CGI, the way the sabers now throw light around looks much better than how it did in the PT and OT.

"So when the replicas are sent to dollar stores, Ollie's, and Big Lots because nobody wants anything from this show...."

Fixed it for yah.;)

Even her rap video is being trashed by the rap community
Because it IS trash.

Back