Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She does have a nice body.

But so does my neighbor and when she comes out in a bikini her parrot that sits out on the patio immediately does the construction site “sexy” whistle lol

Oh and there’s this nonsense now:

View attachment 721720
They really can't accept that the show simply failed can they.
Disney spent a ridiculous amount of money on it. No one watched it, the viewing figures were abysmal. It lost Disney money (because no way did this disaster make any money). They had no choice but to cancel.
They can have their temper tantrum and race grift all they want but the show failed because it was garbage.
Don't want shows cancelled? Write better material.

I've not gone on The Force.net forums since The Last Jedi times and boy it's weird reading them now. I presume it's mostly people in their 20s/30s but a few come across as kind of unhinged and overly obsessed about everything and this show. Not accepting it's been cancelled or the reason why it's flopped. There's someone rewatching the show on two different devices hoping it shows to Disney there's still an audience for the show and maybe change their mind.

View attachment 721713

Agree. Who cares about her acting talent lol.
View attachment 721714
We need this as a reaction emoji for when people post pics of hot girls.

1df201324da93dfde37008c78d8b9db9.jpg

I wasn't the one who cleverly found Disney erased the Acolyte from the Disney store. It was reported all over social media sites and what not. I have no idea what was on there and then what wasn't. I'm just pointing out reported facts. Its not a conspiracy. Disney did indeed remove Acolyte stuff from the Disney store. The only thing I know I have seen on there was the Smilo Ren gimp helmet.

D23 expo or whatever also was just recent. I got the emails telling me not to miss out on all the wonderful exclusive stuff.

Exactly why they did remove it? Don't really care. But its odd it coincided with the announcement of canceling the show and that there will be no s2.
I’m not indicating it was a conspiracy. I’m also not denying that stuff was taken down. What I’m saying is that everyone is over inflating it. Disney puts up and takes down all sorts of merch from different IPs often.

Here’s the thing about the announce. There was no announcement from Disney or Lucasfilm as far as I can tell. (If anyone can point me to the statement from Disney or Lucasfilm I’d appreciate it) The original article everyone is citing is Deadline. Which is a reputable source so I’m more inclined to accept it. But in the article it says “sources”, which isn’t official but does fall into that it’s believable area due to the Acolytes reception and Deadlines reputation.

For D23 exclusives those tend to be exclusive to the event with overstock being sold at the parks not usually online. Unless they changed their past practices.

They really can't accept that the show simply failed can they.
Disney spent a ridiculous amount of money on it. No one watched it, the viewing figures were abysmal. It lost Disney money (because no way did this disaster make any money). They had no choice but to cancel.
They can have their temper tantrum and race grift all they want but the show failed because it was garbage.
Don't want shows cancelled? Write better material.

Not defending the show but just pointing out a couple things.

People did watch the show. Even some people here on the forum where they discussed what happened. Just not in the numbers Disney wanted.

It did make money. Because most but not all of those people who watched did so via subscriptions. But again it wasn’t as much as they hoped.

She doesn't like you.

So? She's still hot.

Hot girls not liking me is high school all over again. I'm used to it.

She is pretty, has great assets and seems to have a fun attitude most of the time. Her acting skills aren't so great and the dis track was very ill advised but hey, she could improve her acting (or maybe like Portman in Phantom Menace it was a directing issue) and she may mature a bit and avoid antagonising audience in future so I am willing to not hate on her.

The characters she played however... they plain suck. Like Jar Jar and so many others did.

View attachment 721713

Agree. Who cares about her acting talent lol.
View attachment 721714

She does have a nice body.

But so does my neighbor and when she comes out in a bikini her parrot that sits out on the patio immediately does the construction site “sexy” whistle lol

Oh and there’s this nonsense now:

View attachment 721720

regardless of what she did in real life or her opinions on us the fans, and any real life drama,

I hope Disney gives her a new role in the avengers or something. I hope she becomes a superhero now. because I wanna see her more.
This show is awful but I want her to get a new role

its like that other actress Ella Balinska from Charlie's Angels. she also has that horrendous resident evil Netflix tv show. and that terrible videogame.
but she's so beautiful too. so pretty
she keeps landing these awful jobs lol

both of them deserve a new marvel role.

Kristen Stewart GIF by Entertainment Weekly

Interesting (from the above article):

So for Lucasfilm to outright tell us that Acolyte is done can be read as the studio is not only pulling investment in the series but almost distancing the franchise from it. It smells similar to what Lucasfilm did after seeing the response to Rian Johnson's Star Wars: The Last Jedi; the studio did an almost 180º turn with the next film, J.J. Abrams' Rise of Skywalker, which almost went out of its way to invalidate everything that Johnson's film tried to do with the franchise lore.

Interesting (from the above article):

So for Lucasfilm to outright tell us that Acolyte is done can be read as the studio is not only pulling investment in the series but almost distancing the franchise from it. It smells similar to what Lucasfilm did after seeing the response to Rian Johnson's Star Wars: The Last Jedi; the studio did an almost 180º turn with the next film, J.J. Abrams' Rise of Skywalker, which almost went out of its way to invalidate everything that Johnson's film tried to do with the franchise lore.
Lucasfilm hasn’t said the acolyte is officially done.

I’ve been searching for an official statement every article links back to the deadline article which comes from sources

I think deadline has it right but for that article to specifically say Lucasfilm said it but provide no sources for it just kills their credibility.

If anyone has a link to Lucasfilm or Disney saying they canceled it please post it.

Lucasfilm hasn’t said the acolyte is officially done.

I’ve been searching for an official statement every article links back to the deadline article which comes from sources

I think deadline has it right but for that article to specifically say Lucasfilm said it but provide no sources for it just kills their credibility.

If anyone has a link to Lucasfilm or Disney saying they canceled it please post it.
Most likely they won't. That would be admitting defeat and they made a **** show that the majority of fans did not like.

Nor have they still officially said no BOBF s2 or OWK s2. Or many of the cancelled movies that KK greenlit.

I don't think they ever officially announced Willow was cancelled either. It was also Deadline that announced that as well as it being pulled from D+

Most likely they won't. That would be admitting defeat and they made a **** show that the majority of fans did not like.

Nor have they still officially said no BOBF s2 or OWK s2. Or many of the cancelled movies that KK greenlit.

I don't think they ever officially announced Willow was cancelled either. It was also Deadline that announced that as well as it being pulled from D+

Disney has admitted to failures before. Canceled series, movie projects, rides. Why would you assume this case is different?

I always took Obi Wan and BoBF as one and dones. Never expected a season 2 so there would be no need for a cancelation announcement.

Deadline confirmed thru Disney that Willow was canceled.

Attachments

• IMG_4565.png
    IMG_4565.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
The viewing figures were so abysmally bad, I don't see how Disney had any choice in cancelling. Didn't they spend something like 180mil on this show? Only to have the worst viewing figures of any D+ show.
I bet Disney didn't make 1 penny on this show.
You cant expect them eat over a hundred mill on a show like this.

Apparently it was #1 on D+, so no that abysmal?!

Back