Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_5226.jpeg

Reeves is popular, but I wouldn't be dismissive of the selection of Lee Jung Jae (even though it's Acolyte we're talking about). As an actor, he has somewhat of a legendary status in South Korea and Asia. I think Disney was fortunate to cast him.

Reeves is popular, but I wouldn't be dismissive of the selection of Lee Jung Jae (even though it's Acolyte we're talking about). As an actor, he has somewhat of a legendary status in South Korea and Asia. I think Disney was fortunate to cast him.
Plus it would’ve been too on the nose to have Keanu and Moss together.

Deleted some back-and-forth comments above. Remember to engage discussions in a civil manner.

Here's Lee Jung Jae's response to the show's cancellation (from Forbes):

...now even the cast members are chiming in about The Acolyte’s cancellation with reactions ranging from bewilderment to clear annoyance. The first is the diplomatic but confused Lee Jung-jae, one of the stars of the first season who was (spoilers) killed off in the finale. Even if he wasn’t returning, he wanted to the show to live on, and was stunned it wasn’t going to. Here he is speaking to EW.

“Personally speaking, I really loved Leslye’s writing. I thought that she was a great writer and director who was very talented in the storytelling, as well as creating characters and creating meaningful structures within the story. So I was actually personally really looking forward to watching a season 2 with her at the helm.”

“Honestly, I am hoping that maybe there could be changes in the future,” Lee says. “Because you never know what's going to happen. So on a personal level, I really hope we could get to see further stories of Leslye’s second season.”

He seems to believe it’s not impossible that Disney could reverse it, or perhaps continue the story a different way, but Disney has been completely silent about all of this, letting the news leak out in the trades rather than addressing it directly.

Agree, he was one of the best things about the show.
It's my understanding he was learning English while performing, and still one of, if not the best actor on the show.

Despite his character being written as complete outrageous betrayal of everything we know of the Jedi.

Last edited:
Well Keanu in his older years has somehow visually transformed into an Asian man anyway, though without the beard (Bill & Ted Face the Music) he's a kinda saggy Severus Snape.

Back