Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Khev on the money, great read it was. Informative, witty, discerning.

Now, bring on the massive amount of wacky cgi aliens front and center. :lol

Oh, and

image.jpg

Last edited:
Except traditional crossguards aren't made out of deadly laser blades that can cut your own hands off :lol

Precisely. That's what makes it seem gimmicky and just another attempt at lightsaber variation.

Not that I have a problem with that - there are many safety violations in the SW universe (bottomless shafts with no railings, for example).

Precisely. That's what makes it seem gimmicky and just another attempt at lightsaber variation.
Look, actual swordfights don't work like that. In reallife you would never touch the crossguard in battle, not even accidentaly after serving for 20 years under Alexander the Great. Not sure if you ever held a real sword in your hands or even did some fencing/HEMA but when for some reason you are in a situation with a crossguard touching your body it means you commited a dozen mistakes. The new lightsaber is infact much more practical and safe for the user.

That being said I doubt the aforementioned reason is why Hollywood picked the design. Probably they just wanted to come up with "more shiny stuff" and that's all. But without knowing they created a more logical and efficient lightsaber.

I don't have any hate for it either. But some people are right in the fact that it should be energy where it crosses, and not the saber hilt.
This I agree on

Just read through all the spoilers from 4 chan... Holy **** this movie is going to be epic.

Cross sabre is still garbage but hopefully it wont last long

for anyone else who wants to read

Spoiler Spoiler:

[Rumor] Potential 4chan Episode VII Leak: Possible spoilers within. Read at your own risk! : StarWars

The only thing that bothers me about this new film is that it makes ROTJ almost irrelevant. Everything that occurred in Return of the Jedi was for nothing. The Rebels and the Empire still exist 30 years after the Battle of Endor. Everything Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, and the rebels did, was for nothing. That Ewok that got killed in the forest? For nothing. The Empire still exists and is still a threat. The Rebels still exist and still fight the Empire. Blowing up the second Death Star was for nothing. The teddy bear picnic in the forest was for nothing. Those fireworks and the world celebrations? Doesn't matter. The sith still exist and someone has to "defeat" them.

Say what you will about the prequels, but there wasn't too much that damaged the original trilogy. If you wanted, you could simply ignore the prequels and it would have no effect on the story. But this new film is actually the sequel to Return of the Jedi. Old Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewbacca are going to be in this. We go from the celebration on the forest moon of Endor, to old people. Old crazy Carrie Fisher, disfigured Mark Hamill, and 70 year old Harrison Ford. I still want to see the original cast, but the more I think about it, I get flashbacks of Indiana Jones 4 :gah: If this film is not good, it's Terminator 3 all over again.

The only thing that bothers me about this new film is that it makes ROTJ almost irrelevant. Everything that occurred in Return of the Jedi was for nothing. The Rebels and the Empire still exist 30 years after the Battle of Endor. Everything Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, Lando, and the rebels did, was for nothing. That Ewok that got killed in the forest? For nothing. The Empire still exists and is still a threat. The Rebels still exist and still fight the Empire. Blowing up the second Death Star was for nothing. The teddy bear picnic in the forest was for nothing. Those fireworks and the world celebrations? Doesn't matter. The sith still exist and someone has to "defeat" them.

Say what you will about the prequels, but there wasn't too much that damaged the original trilogy. If you wanted, you could simply ignore the prequels and it would have no effect on the story. But this new film is actually the sequel to Return of the Jedi. Old Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewbacca are going to be in this. We go from the celebration on the forest moon of Endor, to old people. Old crazy Carrie Fisher, disfigured Mark Hamill, and 70 year old Harrison Ford. I still want to see the original cast, but the more I think about it, I get flashbacks of Indiana Jones 4 :gah: If this film is not good, it's Terminator 3 all over again.

The fault lies in us for thinking that killing a teeny tiny fraction of the largest military force in a Galaxy would just make everything "ok" after one very small battle... Ep 7 makes sense

The fault lies in us for thinking that killing a teeny tiny fraction of the largest military force in a Galaxy would just make everything "ok" after one very small battle... Ep 7 makes sense

I didn't read what you posted because I don't what to know all the details, but I'm just assuming the Empire still around, since we saw that in the teaser trailer.

I didn't read what you posted because I don't what to know all the details, but I'm just assuming the Empire still around, since we saw that in the teaser trailer.

yep, but they are a smaller force, its seems like it might be a more even fight possibly. But it also explains what happened after endor . Its not 100% and the source is anonymous, but it makes sense and connects the dots weve seen so far.

even without that info though its still silly for us to have assumed the Galaxy just became fine after the endor bon fire..

So it's like DOFP is what you're saying. :lol

yep, but they are a smaller force, its seems like it might be a more even fight possibly. But it also explains what happened after endor . Its not 100% and the source is anonymous, but it makes sense and connects the dots weve seen so far.

even without that info though its still silly for us to have assumed the Galaxy just became fine after the endor bon fire..

Idk, Vader/Emporer/Death Star (again) eliminated meant 100% death to the empire for me, make that 101%. :lol

For ****s sake man, the Ewoks danced for crying out loud. If that's not closure I don't know what is then.

We don't know to what extent the Empire still exists. It could be remnant factions fighting for supremacy, or a unified force on the rise again.

Either way, there has probably been 30 years of Alliance supremacy and this instalment will show "the price of peace is eternal vigilance".

Who says it's the rebels still? That might be the republic symbol. The empire exists to an extent, but it's probably just a shadow of its former self.

Idk, Vader/Emporer/Death Star (again) eliminated meant 100% death to the empire for me, make that 101%. :lol

For ****s sake man, the Ewoks danced for crying out loud. If that's not closure I don't know what is then.

So much for "Weesa free!". :monkey2

The Rebels won the battle but not the war. At this point, we don't know how strong the Empire really is. The Emperor was slain and the second Death Star got blowed up, but we don't know how much command and control was left throughout the galaxy.

Besides, the Empire is the last thing the good guys have to worry about if shadowy figure trudging through the snow has anything to say about it.

Hey, just remember this sacrifice was for nothing...he had a name, and a family :lol

tFZeJUq.gif

Back