Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No confirmation on Abrams. Only that he is contracted to ep 7. He has said he'd like to stick around though.

Abrams is out after this one, Rian Johnson is directing Episode 8

You're right--I do remember reading that. Not a bad choice. JJ is establishing the look and feel, so I imagine the other two will be similar and the new directors will follow suit.

Yeah I'd like to see one director stick it through til the end

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

That would have been preferable to keep it all consistent. But I think Rian Johnson is a good director and I think a worthy successor. Hopefully they will find someone just as good to tie up the last movie.

Has it been confirmed that Disney is even planning on sticking to the trilogy formula with Star Wars? I really hope they don't give us The Force Awakens, then Episode 8, then "Episode 9 Part I" BS like everyone else is doing.

they have spinoff's too, i wouldn't be too suprised think they're going for another "MCU" situation. Which will probably include a "Part I" and "Part II" down the line.

Director of Looper and a couple episodes of Breaking Bad? I haven't seen a single work that he's done. Hopefully Disney picked another "Russo Bros" out of the blue then.
Not really a Russo Bros. situation here IMO. He also directed Brick (pretty awesome movie) and the Brothers Bloom. He's had a fair amount of filmmaking experience.

each film within the OT felt like it was done by someone different... the PT felt very much the opposite and suffered for it.

Not really a Russo Bros. situation here IMO. He also directed Brick (pretty awesome movie) and the Brothers Bloom. He's had a fair amount of filmmaking experience.

They must be really confident to sign him up for TWO films right off the bat. Should be interesting to see how they turn out then.

each film within the OT felt like it was done by someone different... the PT felt very much the opposite and suffered for it.

Plus its pretty much a law of the universe that anytime a director makes three movies in the same series the third one has to suck.

Hopefully they will find someone just as good to tie up the last movie.

artgeorgelucascnn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I like that the trailer didn't show any aliens or creatures. Other than the Cantina scene ANH and ESB actually had very few. Then it got all muppety with ROTJ and every other shot in the PT had digital cartoons walking around. I'd love to see this new movie get back to more human vs. human conflict with non-human characters and threats kept to a minimum. Aliens and monsters are cool for background fantasy ambience but they can easily be overdone.

I like that the trailer didn't show any aliens or creatures. Other than the Cantina scene ANH and ESB actually had very few. Then it got all muppety with ROTJ and every other shot in the PT had digital cartoons walking around. I'd love to see this new movie get back to more human vs. human conflict with non-human characters and threats kept to a minimum. Aliens and monsters are cool for background fantasy ambience but they can easily be overdone.
Yeah...disagree. I'm tired of almost every main character being human. Specifically Sith and Jedi. This is Star Wars, there is supposed to be a wide variety of alien races.

i really appreciate the trailer not relying on the legacy characters… a very strong statement that this is film is a new beginning.

agreed on this one.. Maul was a very cool character that should have been used instead of Dooku throughout the PT .. Loved to see an alien used as a villain .. would love to have an alien female for star wars.. thinking of a Twilek .. hell that would be awesome...

agreed on this one.. Maul was a very cool character that should have been used instead of Dooku throughout the PT .. Loved to see an alien used as a villain .. would love to have an alien female for star wars.. thinking of a Twilek .. hell that would be awesome...

Maul was fine. When I said "humans" I meant literally. Actual people as opposed to muppets or CGI. If they want to have whatever Maul was or a Twi'lek that would be fine. But even that can be overdone. Case in point the TPM Jedi Council. Looked like a bunch of Babylon 5 rejects instead of otherworldly badasses.

Back