Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dat 6 months goodie two shoes vs. "stabbed me in the knee with a pen a few weeks ago", doe . . .

Too much time in a mental institution and he lost track of time and dates? :(

Nah, even I'm not really buying that.

That arm could easily have been used to repair Uncle Bob's arm. The fact that it was a right arm is irrelevant, the location of damage wouldn't matter either. You could flat out dismantle the T1 arm and use it's parts to replace everything on Uncle Bob's forearm - if anyone would know how to do it, a T-800 would. But the main point is - why didn't it even enter John's head since he was expecting that Uncle Bob would stay with them.

As for the T-1000 being 'stunned' when shot....yeah but I still don't think that should have prohibited it from turning into liquid. Nothing in the film tells me that it couldn't have done so. Look at how quickly it liquifies itself when the T-800 punches it in the face.

Yeah, that was pretty insensitive of little john, even if the arm doesn't work. He doesn't know that. Maybe that shows his true nature as a human being :lol

For equality purposes - in T1 Sarah Connor should have been dead at Tech Noir. Easily. The T-800, a so-called killing machine, took a few unnecessarily dramatic pauses that led to it's own failure at it's mission.

That never bothered me. Wasn't the scene where he takes out the gun in slow motion anyway? Now, how did the T-800 escape the police patrol with one eye and no one seeing him? Yet, Kyle and Sarah got caught by the police. He crashed first, I guess...but it all happened in a matter of seconds. He's not the T 1000, can't melt and hide.

This isn't the Sarah Connor Chronicles where an Endo can repair everything on it's body, including artificial skin in a bath tub filled with blood, bro.

The arm is useless to Uncle Bob, it wouldn't even work on him, especially without the proper wiring and elbow servos. The tears and damage would have to be identical. It'd be like trying to force a puzzle piece into the wrong shape, it just wouldn't work. Hell, almost half of his skin is gone, even if he gets another right arm, he'll still never pass as human. Uncle Bob knew he was toast. John? Eh, he's a kid. He saw the arm and chip as Skynet/Enemy trinkets, I doubt he saw Uncle Bob as a cyborg. That was his friend.

The location of tears doesn't matter, you could simply switch out the entire part. Heck they wouldn't even have had to depend on future technology in fact, they probably could have given him back a functional arm with 1995 tech. Regrowing flesh, yeah fair enough. That's gonna be a problem.

This isn't the Sarah Connor Chronicles where an Endo can repair everything on it's body, including artificial skin in a bath tub filled with blood, bro.

The arm is useless to Uncle Bob, it wouldn't even work on him, especially without the proper wiring and elbow servos. The tears and damage would have to be identical. It'd be like trying to force a puzzle piece into the wrong shape, it just wouldn't work. Hell, almost half of his skin is gone, even if he gets another right arm, he'll still never pass as human. Uncle Bob knew he was toast. John? Eh, he's a kid. He saw the arm and chip as Skynet/Enemy trinkets, I doubt he saw Uncle Bob as a cyborg. That was his friend.

EDIT:

Yeah, no way that **** is going to work. Not only are they two different arms, his left arm is ****ed!

View attachment 160567
View attachment 160568

The location of tears doesn't matter, you could simply switch out the entire part. Heck they wouldn't even have had to depend on future technology in fact, they probably could have given him back a functional arm with 1995 tech. Regrowing flesh, yeah fair enough. That's gonna be a problem. You'd be talking skin grafts and he'd have no right eye, he'd look like a major burns victim.

Where is he going to get a proper poseable right thumb from?

In the first Terminator, he only had a bullet in his arm that almost crippled it. He used pliers and tweezers for that **** and went down and dirty on it. You're telling me he's going to go all "Dr. Bob" on his arm with a 10 year old replacement that's the wrong arm and hasn't been I use for a decade? Nahhh.

Luke Skywalker should have let Vader borrow his right hand and give him CPR until they reached a Rebel medical frigate. What a selfish bastid.

Where is he going to get a proper poseable right thumb from?

In the first Terminator, he only had a bullet in his arm that almost crippled it. He used pliers and tweezers for that **** and went down and dirty on it. You're telling me he's going to go all "Dr. Bob" on his arm with a 10 year old replacement that's the wrong arm and hasn't been I use for a decade? Nahhh.

I don't see the problem. Reverse engineering. Re-appropriate a mechanical right arm to be a left arm, disassemble/reassemble, rearrange finger/thumb placement - as I said, if anyone can do that the T-800 could, I'm sure he has 'detailed files' on his own construction and anatomy.

Last edited:
Bob could barely walk a-dev. He needed a convenient gear belt to get up on the platform everyone else was on! The heat from the Steel Mill was what was keeping him alive. His alternate energy source was depleting and would eventually shut down. No way could he have been repaired with Macgyver surgery and be better again. He wasn't getting out of that Steel Mill alive. John did't think of that **** because he was an optimistic kid who was just happy that his mom and friend survived the T-1000. The Terminator knew it was going down into the molten steel that night. The End.

Damn arm. I've never even thought of anything like that until today. Though, it would be interesting if the chip from the first T-800 wasn't damaged and John put it in Uncle Bob to troll Sarah.

Actually, the title comes from her adoptive parents, the Organas, where Bail was a prince and his wife queen. Besides, the mom (Amidala) hadn't been queen for a long time before Leia was born anyway - she was only a senator.

But good stuff with everything else. A movie can be both epic and great despite a metric ton of stupidity and lack of attention to logic. ;) Seems pretty obvious in every SW movie. Except the PT, nothing can save those, even if they had none of the issues mentioned of the OT.

Thanks. What I meant, is that Leia's real mom was a Queen (Amilada) at some point in time (I don't know if you can loose a tittle like that), but then when Leia was given away for her protection, her adoptive parents gave her a title of princess, which is not exactly low profile, since she will be well known and in the public eye, and that could get the attention of the Emperor or Vader, which is the whole reason they gave her away to begin with (although Vader was clueless of her identity even when he met Leia in episode 4, yet Luke and Leia, on the other hand, figure out their relationship and identity on their own, and even engage in some telepathy. Not to mention,Luke had incomplete Jedi training at the time and Leia had none at all, but Jedi Master Vader couldn't do it) Maybe they didn't need to hide from the old man after all? :lol

It's just ironic given the fact her real mother was a queen, so imo, it makes the adoption redundant, in a way. At least Luke is a farm boy, although he kept his last name, Skywalker, which could raise questions, unless Skywalker is a generic/common name like Smith or Johnson? Are there that many Skywalkers around? Maybe, who knows?

Speaking of A New Hope, At the end of the film, the Empire sends the Death Star to the Yavin system to destroy the no-longer-secret Rebel base. The Rebellion has 10 minutes to use their fighters and exploit the station's only weakness. But guess what? The only reason the Rebellion had those 10 minutes was because the Death Star had to orbit Yavin to get into position.

Think about it. :lol The Death Star had to delay destroying the moon because there was a planet in the way. The whole purpose of the Death Star...if not the only purpose, is to destroy planets. But the giant planet destroyer had to wait 10 minutes because there was a planet in the way. What? At least give a reason, one line, "oh, the emperor's mom lives there, can't blow it up so we have to wait" :lol I love the first two films, but there's some weird stuff going on.

But you know what's the thing that bothers me the most? They way Lucas "wrote" the only female character in the trilogy, Leia.

She's emotionless like a robot... an empty shell, probably a sociopath too. She is given no real reaction scene or developed character trauma for any the horrific things that happened to her. Her home planet was destroyed in an unprecedented display of power by something called the death star! She didn't just loose her house, family, pet or city , it was her whole planet! Even Batman "only" looses his parents and that messed him up forever. Dude runs around changing his voice, wearing a silly costume, and thinking he's a damn Bat for the rest of his life...yeah. Messed up.

Then at some point she realizes that the man who tortured her and destroyed her planet is her own father in ROTJ...well, she took it pretty well. But then again, she was also a slave-girl, abused and probably violated by a disgusting, obese, turd looking alien pervert.
And as if getting your planet destroyed, finding out your dad is Vader, getting hit on by teddy bears, getting tortured by your own father, and violated by a giant worm creature wasn't enough, she kissed her own brother romantically.

The only time she is ever given any real human emotion is when Han Solo is frozen in carbonite...you know, the cool guy who led her on and then didn't return her "I love you"...what the hell, she can take one more disappointment, she's practically less emotional than a Terminator :lol Hopefully, the female characters in the new films are better written.

:lol :lol I'm sorry. What the heck, one more. Wasn't the identity of Darth Vader's children supposed to be a secret? Why the hell was Luke allowed to keep the surname Skywalker? It's like if you go into the witness protection program and you keep your name and move to the home state/ planet where the bad guy is originally from...you know, where people know the name Skywalker and could tell the Empire or Vader. Also, everyone knows Leia is a princess, a tittle she got from her mom. Nice way to keep a low profile :monkey3 You always have the Terminator franchise :)
:lol
The surname Skywalker is like Smith in the Star Wars universe. Every Tom, **** and Harry is a Skywalker.

Luke Skywalker should have let Vader borrow his right hand and give him CPR until they reached a Rebel medical frigate. What a selfish bastid.

Yeah he'd gone to all that trouble to save him, ******ed up AGAIN and it was left to Vader to save him. Jeez it don't look too promising for Leia in TFA if she gets into trouble.:lol

Then there are the technical errors.. like Walrus man's severed arm shape shifting, Yoda's punters eyes - & yes.. Jedi Luke's 'force' kick. :lol

Also....why didn't Luke just go into Jabbas palace lightsaber ablaze? It's what he wound up doing anyway...He put Lando, Chewie, Leia and the droids in a very dangerous position. He could have stormed in. Taken Han, after all the case floated, at least it did in ESB, and then bomb the hell out of the palace from the air. Oh wait...maybe that was his intention before he fell into the Rancor pit? no...wait again...did he try to shoot Jabba? Did he even have a plan??

Actually what would have made the most sense was just getting into the court without letting Jabba know who he was, like Lando managed. Then you wait for Jabba to conk out, use your mind trick on Bib to have him release everyone, and be on your way. But then you don't get neat action set pieces like the Rancor.

Actually what would have made the most sense was just getting into the court without letting Jabba know who he was, like Lando managed. Then you wait for Jabba to conk out, use your mind trick on Bib to have him release everyone, and be on your way.

Even better!

Back