Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original Marvel Comics and all their goofy splendor were considered cannon in their day. How much sleep does anyone lose over the fact a six foot green rabbit was "official"?

:lol :lol

STWARS2015001_CHRISTOPHER_PARTY_var.jpg

I really believe the Phantom menace theatrical trailer is probably the greatest trailer in history, when I saw that in cinema I got goosebumps it really got me and others.

I used to work with a guy that looked like Billy Joel, but he wasn't rich, talented musically, or hooked up in the babe dept.

He got dealt kind of a bad hand in the end there. :lol

Yeah, you can't exactly point to the trailer to prove it won't suck. The TPM trailers had us pumped too.

Agreed, though in hindsight, any time I see that trailer now, especially the Jar Jar or little Ani bits, I cringe. Hindsight really is twenty/twenty, I guess.

Not sure if this was pointed out yet or not (over 1500 pages would be too much to sift through...) but I noticed a stark similarity between the design of Luke Skywalker's lightsaber shown on one of the original movie posters for the 1977 release of Star Wars and the lightsaber being used by Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens trailer. The both have the electric fizzle look as well as the now infamous cross. It seems to make sense that this older image inspired the new look of the lightsaber seen in the new film.

sw poster.jpgswposter2.jpg

Back