Street Fighter X Tekken

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
original.jpg

It does seem like this game isn't getting a whole lot of attention. I guess that's to be expected, since this crossover isn't as high-profile as MvC outside of Japan, and within Japan, Virtua Fighter has always been the more popular 3D fighter.

Also, I think the fact that there have been so many fighting games released in the past couple years (a resurgence in the genre) has diluted the impact of this considerably.

360 owners got shafted bad with this game. First the exclusive characters were on PS3 only. Now they can't go online with 2 players on the same console whereas the PS3 can.

The game is glitchy online though. Horrible sound dropouts and lag. The color palettes for customization weren't available day one like they said either.

I want to get it, but feel it wont be different enough from Street Fighter IV to justify the high price tag and that there'll be another DLC-included version soon enough

Tekken characters have an easier time with links than Street Fighter characters.

Link timing in general is a little more forgiving than SF4. If you like playing on teams or using a tag team yourself then I think you'll enjoy this game.

Should be picking it up tonight as it was released today in AUS.

Looks good so far from the previews.

+ I am a SF and a Tekken fan.

Stopped by bestbuy since I have a gift card but both regular and special edition sold out. Anyone who owns the special edition, is it worth the extra $10?

Stopped by bestbuy since I have a gift card but both regular and special edition sold out. Anyone who owns the special edition, is it worth the extra $10?

You get some extra character DLC for the PS3 version (I don't know about the 360), alternate cover art, a little art/comic book, and a stupid arcade bank for your spare change... The only thing of value is the DLC...

You get some extra character DLC for the PS3 version (I don't know about the 360), alternate cover art, a little art/comic book, and a stupid arcade bank for your spare change... The only thing of value is the DLC...

Thanks just bought the regular version and it also comes with Cole, Mega Man and Pac-Man. Did you mean those characters for the PS3?

Back