Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the young male haircut of the day on ol' Clark. My son, his friends, and my nephew all look similar. Just drive by any high school to see all the boys sporting it.....

Since many young kids today don't know what a comic book is, unless of course its a free app on their phone, maybe this is to target that untapped young demographic. Traditional Supes just looks like some old basic guy. Once that picture of his new do goes viral and hits mainstream, the young boys will be flocking to the theater to see the new Supes movie so they can finally identify with someone on the big screen. Success!!! :monkey3

That's the young male haircut of the day on ol' Clark. My son, his friends, and my nephew all look similar. Just drive by any high school to see all the boys sporting it.....

Since many young kids today don't know what a comic book is, unless of course its a free app on their phone, maybe this is to target that untapped young demographic. Traditional Supes just looks like some old basic guy. Once that picture of his new do goes viral and hits mainstream, the young boys will be flocking to the theater to see the new Supes movie so they can finally identify with someone on the big screen. Success!!! :monkey3
My eldest has the same haircut. I'd imagine they see it so often it means nothing. For the movies sake better hope it doesn't go out of style in the next 12 months.

So it's a worldwide contagion then. As @Bleah called it - the 'broccoli' haircut.

Clark should be a bit old to be sporting it

I realize it's all the rage with teenagers, but not so sure about guys in their mid-20s like this Clark appears to be.

But on the plus side, maybe this movie will finally put a stop to the awful trend.

I'm guessing those complaining about the Clark Kent look never read the book this movie is based on? In the book, Clark is an absolute dolt with a heart of gold, he has a stupid haircut, slouches and even puffs his face yet everyone (including Lex Luthor) pretty much admits that he DOES look like Superman, especially the eyebrows. Lex berates Clark for looking similar and blames Superman's popularity where people would try to go for the Superman look with the hair and eybrows. Heck, Clark's disguise is so good that Lex even acknolged how Clark is also a boyscout like Superman and the reason these all work is because no one woul think Superman would possible "downgrade" himself to our level when he's basically a God.

30797.jpg

9900a6515daaa92d789bc96730f0fb36.jpg

I'm guessing those complaining about the Clark Kent look never read the book this movie is based on? In the book, Clark is an absolute dolt with a heart of gold, he has a stupid haircut, slouches and even puffs his face yet everyone (including Lex Luthor) pretty much admits that he DOES look like Superman, especially the eyebrows. Lex berates Clark for looking similar and blames Superman's popularity where people would try to go for the Superman look with the hair and eybrows. Heck, Clark's disguise is so good that Lex even acknolged how Clark is also a boyscout like Superman and the reason these all work is because no one woul think Superman would possible "downgrade" himself to our level when he's basically a God.

30797.jpg

9900a6515daaa92d789bc96730f0fb36.jpg

It’s not that it’s just the fact it’s a terrible haircut and looks like a wig. Very unnatural.

Don’t think anyone is bothered that he looks ‘too dorky’ etc.

Citing the above references it can still be done miles better.

Must admit though it doesn’t look as bad here:

IMG_4963.jpeg

Last edited:
Well isn’t part of the superhero charm is that you wouldn’t suspect it to be them. Like how Peter Parker and Spider-Man are entirely different

Nervous The Simpsons GIF

Yeeesh!
Not feeling that suit or that weird poodle hairdo AT ALL.....
Looks like a really bad and cheap Halloween costume.
Its like it tried to be a compromise between the simple classic Reeve suit and the modern more alien Cavill suit and failed at both agendas thus satisfying no one.

Also - and please stay with me here, I'm not going weird with this, where are his muscles? Where is the anatomy?
Dude looks like a kitchen sponge - there is no shape at all, its just blocky material.
Every single Superman costume and depiction, in live-action animation or comic, shows musculature and human anatomy in the costume.
This isn't a coincidence
or a fan-service thing [though there wouldn't be anything wrong with that] its a integral part of the character's look and identity.
Superman is an idealised and humane version of the Nietzschean Ubermensch - the desired form of Western masculinity in the 20th Century that was adopted as the symbol of far-right and totalitarian political systems in Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and Leninist/Stalinist Russia and the USSR.
This model form of masculinity, depicted as healthy and classically handsome white men with exaggerated musculature - not only served as a continuation of art traditions idealizing the muscular male form from the Greeks/Romans and associating these traits with being semi-divine , it was also used by many subsequent regimes and societies for their own political aims - most notably the varying dictatorships of the 20th Century.
This vision of male beauty was held up by regimes as an example to be aspired to by these regimes and often were used as the symbols of the regime in its propaganda and became intrinsically tied to a Eugenicist vision of the world where such a model of masculinity would "replace" [read eradicate] "lesser" forms of humanity such as undesired racial, religious, social, political or identity groups.
Why is this central to the character of Superman?
Because Superman was written and drawn exactly the way he was to deliberately display the Nietzschean Ubermensch [The "Superman"], that was so lauded and adopted by these fascist regimes, as a force of kindness, acceptance and tolerance - a figure that has ultimate power but instead of using that power to establish dominion or impose their rule on others, instead uses their power to help others selflessly; Instead of crushing and eradicating those "beneath" him he raises them up, he defends them.
Superman is a figure that opposes the evil ideology, the brutal eugenicist and amoral worldview that these regimes that use this Ubermensch/Superman figure espouse.
He is an example of taking the symbols of the enemy and using them for good.
Superman is an idealised vision of traditional Western male beauty standards with exaggerated muscles not because its "hot" or "fan-service" but because that is an integral element in who he is, why he is important, why he matters and why he as a character has been a force of good in the world.
1719638903494.png

1719638861399.png
1719638718925.png

1719638826434.png

1719638958946.png

1719639059078.png

TLDR: Superman needs to have visible muscles or the Nazis win WW2.

Attachments

• 1719638706456.png
    1719638706456.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 1719638770205.png
    1719638770205.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Also - and please stay with me here, I'm not going weird with this, where are his muscles? Where is the anatomy?
Dude looks like a kitchen sponge - there is no shape at all, its just blocky material.
Every single Superman costume and depiction, in live-action animation or comic, shows musculature and human anatomy in the costume.
This isn't a coincidence
or a fan-service thing [though there wouldn't be anything wrong with that] its a integral part of the character's look and identity.
Superman is an idealised and humane version of the Nietzschean Ubermensch - the desired form of Western masculinity in the 20th Century that was adopted as the symbol of far-right and totalitarian political systems in Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy and Leninist/Stalinist Russia and the USSR.
This model form of masculinity, depicted as healthy and classically handsome white men with exaggerated musculature - not only served as a continuation of art traditions idealizing the muscular male form from the Greeks/Romans and associating these traits with being semi-divine , it was also used by many subsequent regimes and societies for their own political aims - most notably the varying dictatorships of the 20th Century.
This vision of male beauty was held up by regimes as an example to be aspired to by these regimes and often were used as the symbols of the regime in its propaganda and became intrinsically tied to a Eugenicist vision of the world where such a model of masculinity would "replace" [read eradicate] "lesser" forms of humanity such as undesired racial, religious, social, political or identity groups.
Why is this central to the character of Superman?
Because Superman was written and drawn exactly the way he was to deliberately display the Nietzschean Ubermensch [The "Superman"], that was so lauded and adopted by these fascist regimes, as a force of kindness, acceptance and tolerance - a figure that has ultimate power but instead of using that power to establish dominion or impose their rule on others, instead uses their power to help others selflessly; Instead of crushing and eradicating those "beneath" him he raises them up, he defends them.
Superman is a figure that opposes the evil ideology, the brutal eugenicist and amoral worldview that these regimes that use this Ubermensch/Superman figure espouse.
He is an example of taking the symbols of the enemy and using them for good.
Superman is an idealised vision of traditional Western male beauty standards with exaggerated muscles not because its "hot" or "fan-service" but because that is an integral element in who he is, why he is important, why he matters and why he as a character has been a force of good in the world.
View attachment 710700
View attachment 710699View attachment 710696
View attachment 710698
View attachment 710701
View attachment 710702

TLDR: Superman needs to have visible muscles or the Nazis win WW2.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Gunn's Superman did away with the typical muscular appearance of Superman in the first place. He has the powers so him being muscular doesn't matter.
It's weird that the actor built himself up so much to not only not show it off in any way in the suit but suppress it under what seemingly amounts to a suit made of basketball rubber.

Back