takara batman begins again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing appeared on BBTS about half an hour ago and I preordered it at once and now it's preorder sold out.

Glad I managed to snag one as this is a figure I really regretted passing on the first time around, but boy did it go fast.

My advice to anyone who sees one up for preorder is grab it as quick as you can, I'll keep looking and post a link if it reappears.

I preordered one from them, but I'm really on the fence about the figure. I love almost everything about my Hot Toys Begins Batman... from the neck down.

I am not at all fond of the headsculpt. I'm not sure if this can be significantly improved with a repaint from one of our master artists here at the Freaks board or not.

I've been seriously shopping for a nice Bale headsculpt for a civillian Bruce Wayne, so that might tip this over into being worth purchasing, but I'm very very VERY dubious on the material for the bat suit and I absolutely despise the boot design. I'm thinking on taking the heads from this and parting the rest of the figure out, though I'm not sure what kind of market there will be for this without the heads.

Hopefully we'll see what (if anything) HT and Takara have in mind for The Dark Knight before this actually ships, as I really don't want to buy more than one additional Bale Batman, especially at $150+ a pop.

Hopefully we'll see what (if anything) HT and Takara have in mind for The Dark Knight before this actually ships, as I really don't want to buy more than one additional Bale Batman, especially at $150+ a pop.

I'm wondering if Takara is re-releasing this figure to cash in on The Dark Knight but not making a new figure. It seems odd to all of a sudden re-release this figure after being so much demand for over a year for it, just as a new film is upon us with a new design. I would think they'd just release a TDK figure now and put the BB figure behind them unless this was going to be their means of getting in the game for the new film. They may also anticipate a collector dissatisfaction with the new suit design, but knowing how successful the old one was for them, they're going the more profitable route.

they'll be doing this now, knowing it will sell..then they'll do a new version from the new film

BBTS has the pre-order up again without the sold out message, got my order placed, c'mon March 08 :rock

I broke down and got one too. Now if only a decent 1/6 comic version based on Jim Lees art would be made, then I would have my ultimate Bats collection.

At this point, a cost effective Adam West Batman is the only other representation I'd be overly interested in.

Unfortunately the only thing I really liked about the 60's Batman series is the Batmobile. :eek:

I'm not a super fan, but there's a nostalgic side of me that's interested, but that's why cost is a factor, I don't care for it enough to pay too much.

I don't have that nostalgic feeling towards the show otherwise I'd probably want to own some figures from it. I've always loved the color scheme of those characters though, especially Joker and Penguin.

I grew up on super heroes as the first adult TV I'd watch as a kid, and I always love pieces that let me remember my past more clearly.

I can't wait to get this figure, I was so late into the whole Batman Begins buzz, never saw the movie until DVD so I missed out on peak collectibles time and everything, but with The Dark Knight, I don't intend on missing a moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if Medicom made one, but it might not be a smart move considering online retailers are still selling the begins figure 2 years later.

I might have to get this figure. I'm not that big a fan of Batman but its pretty cool.

Back