Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going SSC for this very reason. Ordered.
:lol

If there's a genuine problem with an item, HLJ give you 10 days to let them know, & providing you follow their guidelines for their return policy, you're completely looked after, whether it's a replacement or return.

They don't seem to be running out of 3POs yet, but we'll see. :)

null_zps03426012.jpg

null_zps8882fa50.jpg

null_zps16e2a09c.jpg

null_zps70ea465b.jpg

null_zpse509ccb6.jpg

I didn't even bother taking anything else out of the box. I left the comlink, restraining bolt and extra hands in there.... That little chunk of the Tantive IV seems a little goffy too.

Nothing to fix on this one huh, Flosi?

Unless you're going to weather him. :horror

And by that I mean, the way you awesomeize so many 1/6 figures. ;)

I still can't believe i ordered this but i got my shipping notice from HLJ. Crossing fingers it will come in perfect shape... and avoid customs at the same time.

Congrats, Flosi!

I tried out the comlink and saw that it wasn't worth the trouble either. It was difficult getting it in the proper hand to begin with, and the last thing I want is to loose the damn thing! It's not event painted right anyway. The other three hands are still sealed in their baggies.

One thing I do love is the restraining bolt. It's cheapy plastic, which is disappointing, but I like the extra detail it adds to Threepio.

And I agree that piece of Tantive IV is practically non-existent! They could have at least made it go the whole way across! But I attached it anyway.

Nice one FLOSI - congrats buddy! :hi5:

Yeah, that's the conflicting thing isn't - sparkly droid with a Jawa gizmo accessory. It's like using the BD HT Luke for the Bespin corridor scenes.. :monkey1 :lol

I'm hoping to get mine either late this week, or early next. :rock

Yeah that restraining bolt is kinda disappointing really :monkey2

The only negative I have about the figure.

a hit of silver on that restraining bolt would work wonders.
i'm also going to make a new comm link, maybe make it out of metal.

Congrats, Rich! :hi5:

I didn't even bother taking anything else out of the box. I left the comlink, restraining bolt and extra hands in there.... That little chunk of the Tantive IV seems a little goffy too.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

In other news, I heard back from AmiAmi and got the same spiel from them that flamingdead got about them being sold out and not being able to provide a replacement. But they offered me the very generous partial refund of...

get ready...

sitting down?...

$5! (along with their sincerest apologies)

I'LL TAKE IT!

But really, it's ok. You really don't notice the break at all in real life. The reflection on the neck almost fills in that missing piece when you focus on the area. Otherwise you don't even notice it. Heck, I don't think I would have seen it either if you guys didn't point it out! I may have seen it eventually and just shrugged it off as another detail they did to make him look cobbled together!

I may commission a world famous metalsmith (my wife) to make a replacement for the tip in brass.

Here are the pictures I posted:

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1584.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

I think you can only really see it in the close-up. It's the very tip of his right neck piston (above the restraining bolt).

Back