Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even bother taking anything else out of the box. I left the comlink, restraining bolt and extra hands in there.... That little chunk of the Tantive IV seems a little goffy too.

Yeah, mine will be staying in the box, too, and I'll likely replace the stand with a clear one down the line.

I was thinking of just putting him onto a plain HT stand, & wrapping a little bit of black cloth around the crotch hugger part.

Anyone got theirs on a HT stand? Is he stable like that?

I'm imagining it'll be fine. :huh

Anyone get theirs with a wire in the back cut? I was looking at ours the other day and seen one of the wires was cut.

2013-03-08_20-59-18_195_zps7ccbf548.jpg
[/IMG]

Err... umm... I'm displaying 3PO with the bolt and my BD Luke Bespin is next to him posed as Bespin corridor...

It's the part circled here.

ngbbs4cb24069d77f7.jpg

:lol You lobbed...

It's the tip of one his "collar spike" thingies that is missing. It's only a little over 1mm missing, but it was broken out of the box.

I tried the generic HT stand that came with the muscle body and it just didn't feel secure. Also didn't like the painted metal of the loops pushing on the top of the inner legs. Every time I removed it it felt like it would scratch.

Yeah the included stand just doesn't feel safe. Not sure if a regular "old" SSC style goes high enough and if the ring is large enough to go over 3PO's head, but my stand is from one of the Diamond select Ultimate 1/4 figs and it has that same split ring. I just raise it to take 3PO off display, then put him back and lower it down over his head to his shoulder line. I put some clear tube on the ring so there's no metal-metal contact. You can't really notice it when in place and its just a black plastic disc as base (though larger than the SSC base.)

What I do with close to everything is use Museum Wax on the feet. Works great, keeps weapons in hands, items in hands, etc. There was a Quake not to long ago not on item came down.

You guys are freaking me out so much, I just got out of bed to check Threepio over :lol

Thankfully no issues :monkey3

What I do with close to everything is use Museum Wax on the feet. Works great, keeps weapons in hands, items in hands, etc. There was a Quake not to long ago not on item came down.

What a cool idea, never even knew it existed :)

Doesn't stain cloth or make painted parts go shiny?

Best to read up on it. On C3PO I don't know but it only on the feet. This stuff is used on items worth $$$. It's was not made at 1st for home use but in museums. I removed it with floss.

Top it off it holds weapons on my clones really good. All I can say is. I paid $445.13 and I used it.

Btw I also have on the feet of iron monger. Has not moved.

Back