Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. I want R5-D4 more than R2. I want a Power Droid, a Death Star Droid, 2-1B, FX-7. I don't have much hope for that stuff if they're going to be shopped out to a company charging almost half a grand for a single figure.

Re: New 1/6 C3PO & R2D2 by Bandai - 12PM line

It means one of two things.

A, these are gonna be the "Sideshow" droids. Which I kinda doubt. I don't think Sideshow would punch us in the face that hard.

Or two, Sideshow's actual droids are still years away.

Either way, its big kahkah.

BIG C@C#!!! :monkey4

I suppose A and two were both right to some extent.

What a rude ass **** move by Sideshow. :gah:

It depends. There is no way there's a high demand for $400 1:6 droids. There are people who want this level of quality, and are willing to pay that much, but there aren't many, and if they are willing to pay this much, they aren't going to bother buying cheaper ones.

I don't think people buying these will cut into Sideshow's market for plastic droids, and I don't think people buying plastic droids from Sideshow will cut into Bandai's market for the metal ones. The two separate releases could overlap.

All hope is not lost. Yet. :monkey1

I agree, I think we'll see cheaperSideshow versions someday eventually, probably a couple years from now.

Of course by then Sideshows average figure prices will be $200+ and the droids will be $300 a piece and everyone will be happy to pay it.

Pfft.

BIG C@C@!

^ Good point.

Pay that much now for these guys, or wait a couple years & pay almost the same for lesser quality, plastic ones..

(if SSC pull ever their finger out).. :monkey4

What I'm saying is that if neither set of figures is going to cut into the other's market, we could be seeing them sooner rather than later. There would be no reason for Sideshow to delay them. It's not the same as having to compete for market share against Medicom.

I hope.

I agree, I think we'll see cheaperSideshow versions someday eventually, probably a couple years from now.

Of course by then Sideshows average figure prices will be $200+ and the droids will be $300 a piece and everyone will be happy to pay it.

Pfft.

BIG C@C@!

Sounds about right to me.

Just got my newletter from BBTS and it contains some clues in regards to 3PO's price and arrival. Wild Tiger is Tamashii's first figure in the line and is listed at 26,250 Yen on their product page ($334.61). BBTS has the MSRP just slightly lower at $319.99 but is selling for $299.99, with an expected arrival of January. 3PO's price is 33,600 Yen ($428.30), so I guess best rough estimate for 3PO from a secondary dealer like BBTS would be ~$399.99. :/ Also looks to me that 3PO will ship in February and not just be a pre-order.

Same here. I want R5-D4 more than R2. I want a Power Droid, a Death Star Droid, 2-1B, FX-7. I don't have much hope for that stuff if they're going to be shopped out to a company charging almost half a grand for a single figure.

R5-D4 and Gonk Droid are my two most wanted droids.

These look great, but I just can't justify paying $400 for a 1/6 scale figure of my favorite effeminate golden robot. I'll wait and hopefully Sideshow will make some on the more reasonable end of the spectrum. I hope King isn't right and they aren't charging $300 by the time they're released, but I fear his words may be prophetic.

Just got my newletter from BBTS and it contains some clues in regards to 3PO's price and arrival. Wild Tiger is Tamashii's first figure in the line and is listed at 26,250 Yen on their product page ($334.61). BBTS has the MSRP just slightly lower at $319.99 but is selling for $299.99, with an expected arrival of January. 3PO's price is 33,600 Yen ($428.30), so I guess best rough estimate for 3PO from a secondary dealer like BBTS would be ~$399.99. :/ Also looks to me that 3PO will ship in February and not just be a pre-order.
Same here. Got the mailer and it gives us a relative idea of C3PO's price.

Not looking good.
This one is going at a premium cost. :(

Bandai claim this is the most accurate C3PO ever ... is it? :panic::panic::panic:

Was just checking the product webpage again for 3PO to see if anything was updated and noticed the following line that appears to be new to me, right off the hop:

"This product is a collaboration product of Sideshow Collectibles and Tamashii Nations."

Yeah this sums it up. SSC can't do them so they gave the job away and now we have to pay a premium for them. Did they get help with their PF's too? Why couldn't they do the same in 1/6th?

Thanks SSC.:thwak

PS: It does look like the best Threepio ever, just hope the gold finish is like the Gentle Giant Bust and Statue.

Yeah this sums it up. SSC can't do them so they gave the job away and now we have to pay a premium for them. Did they get help with their PF's too? Why couldn't they do the same in 1/6th?

Thanks SSC.:thwak

PS: It does look like the best Threepio ever, just hope the gold finish is like the Gentle Giant Bust and Statue.

This is the major problem right now. It isn't chrome finish.

I hope its crap; I don't want to pay this much for it, lol. If its a home run my wallet will hate me. :(
3PO looks to me more or less like a home run, already (aside from price). I'm more worried about R2 measuring up. Even for a prototype, it's very surprising to me that they missed the eye being black and the brushed steel dome (especially since the packaging does have the eye right... hard to discern if the dome appears brushed steel or not). Just saw some new pics from their convention this weekend and he hasn't been tweaked. Would be great if we could see them respond to that criticism, as I'm assuming it has to have been brought up previously.

This is the major problem right now. It isn't chrome finish.
Agreed, it's an issue but to be honest, it doesn't bother me anywhere near as much as R2's polished dome. Maybe because I've become acclimated to seeing 3PO with different finishes over the years from Hasbro.

Back