Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyway the Tamashii Nations C3-PO is being touted by them as the most accurate representation of said character i dont know it looks good but Sideshow's PF does as well and the Tamashii R2 looks horrid.

Agreed it's annoying how long this has been dragged out with just bits of info dropped but seemingly with no real coordination between Sideshow and Tamashii. Have to say, their marketing really sucks in a lot of ways and seems very haphazard for the pricepoint.

Am thinking we might hear something definitive by early October, though. Tamashii's other 12PM, Wild Tiger, is up for sale in January and it was just announced as a pre-order by BBTS late August or early Sept. 3PO is supposed to be for sale in Feb, so hopefully that means we see something about a month after Wild Tiger debuted as a pre-order.

:lecture OK. Thanks.

This is where I'm at:

SSC:
larger scale
weathered/worn look :yess:
minor posing options

Perfect Model:
accuracy
real wiring on 3PO
posing options up the wazoo.

It's still early, but it seems both will be very similar in price, so that's not part of the issue.

:lecture OK. Thanks.

This is where I'm at:

SSC:
larger scale
weathered/worn look :yess:
minor posing options

Perfect Model:
accuracy
real wiring on 3PO
posing options up the wazoo.

It's still early, but it seems both will be very similar in price, so that's not part of the issue.

How do you know there are tons of posing options? As far as I've seen, the arms bending at the elbows is all that's been confirmed. Okay, maybe that'd make it safe to assume there are wrists and shoulders, but what about neck (ball?), waist, hips, knees, feet?:dunno

It's possible this Threepio is as much statue as the PF.

Knowing what the Medi can do might provide some clues. I don't think the head, shoulders, elbows or wrists will be an issue.

Looking at the hips, though, it's very tough to see them moving much. Can't really see how they could bend to the point that 3PO could sit, for example (top of legs look like they would be inhibited by torso). The knees/ankles do look like they move and aren't 100% sculpt, though without hip movement, not sure how much it matters (guess it will still add a bit of personality to poses, though). Regardless, in 3PO's case, I don't much care about the legs. I'll never pose him sitting, not even if I eventually buy the landspeeder. Plus, if this 1:6 is fully accurate to the movie, what was Anthony Daniels range of motion in that suit? If I recall, he couldn't sit and they had special suits for scenes like that, didn't they? Just guessing the model will emulate the actual suit's range of motion somewhat.

Tangenitally, this is a big reason why I could never buy 4-LOM as a bounty hunter, given 3PO's lack of dynamic movement.

Has a landspeeder been confirmed?
If so, by who?

That would seriously push me in favor of getting the Perfect Model over the PF.

^ They're working on one at least - they've shown WIP pics I believe..

I can't justify buying 1/6 vehicles - the figures are enough, just way too over the top for me. :lol

Back