Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why there's BIN or BO.

There are a number of people that try to get as much as they can for their item. They will not put a BIN price on it. I do email them some do come back with a price (and I do offer to pay the fee's, not PP fee's) others tell me to just bid.

I can't wait for this to arrive. The only criticism I had when I saw it at comiccon was the slightly textured finish so I'm hoping it has more of a smooth surface like the GG one when it ships. Really awesome figure in any case.

Nathan

I can't wait for this to arrive. The only criticism I had when I saw it at comiccon was the slightly textured finish so I'm hoping it has more of a smooth surface like the GG one when it ships. Really awesome figure in any case.

Nathan

Could you post some pictures?

Thanks.

The updated (talking) Medi Threepio is about to hit everywhere and there'll be some good deals (already saw that ami ami has it for $175) just like on the first release so will be hard to pass that up when it's less than half the $ of this guy.

I'm guessing both Medi and dealers know the Tamashii is coming so the deals may get really good. It has the size issue and the head issue, and less articulation, but still looks nice...

Have to remain faithful to the Tamashii!

Nathan

This is the key problem I have had with this figure since the very first pics. It looks like powder coat, not chrome or vac-metallized, and even the latest pics do nothing to answer the question as to whether the final fig will be different.

Scale has always been an issue for me with past medis, so I think I'm kidding myself to believe it won't bother me with their c-3po. The finish is the only issue I have with Tamashii's. If it bothers me in hand I know it won't bother me half as much as having a short-ass on the shelf.

I've been waiting to regret ordering this, but the opposite has happened. Cancelled the medis and three other figs to justify the expense. Only thing that will really bum me out is if they cancel R2.

That would be brutal, but don't think it'll happen. Still on the fence with this guy. There's just so much right about how it looks. If Bespin Luke ends up being terrible, I'll kick it to the curb and maybe put the coin into this purchase. I've noticed that BBTS does not have this up for preorder (whereas they had Wild Tiger up same day as Sideshow) yet, so I'm wondering if this is exclusive to Sideshow or maybe BBTS figured they wouldn't sell a lot?

I think he's thinking in the case that 3PO's sales crater.

:exactly: I have no idea if c-3po sales would have any impact on the r2 release, just speculating. But based on this thread it looks like the uptake from 1/6 collectors at least won't be strong.

Ok, I know what you mean. I think I'll order Threepio to start with and that will mean I'll end up with R2.

They're cool, expensive yes but they're more high-end both in accuracy and materials and that's gotta price them higher than your plastic figures, surely. Maybe not $400 though.....lol.

Scale has always been an issue for me with past medis, so I think I'm kidding myself to believe it won't bother me with their c-3po. The finish is the only issue I have with Tamashii's. If it bothers me in hand I know it won't bother me half as much as having a short-ass on the shelf.

I've been waiting to regret ordering this, but the opposite has happened. Cancelled the medis and three other figs to justify the expense. Only thing that will really bum me out is if they cancel R2.

I really don't think they would cancel R2. If they did I could see a buttload of people canceling c3p0. I know my GF would.

damn.............i've drank on it & puzzled my puzzler til it's puzzled out............but came to the conclusion that i will have to wait for in hand reports/pics till i pull this trigger............:lecture

Damn it, barryo, I was thinking about pulling the trigger, myself, tonight, but you've convinced me to wait. Damn you!

damn.............i've drank on it & puzzled my puzzler til it's puzzled out............but came to the conclusion that i will have to wait for in hand reports/pics till i pull this trigger............:lecture

Best to order it now. There are times to think about item's but this one is a buyer. Also if you order it now your flex payment will be lower.

Damn it, barryo, I was thinking about pulling the trigger, myself, tonight, but you've convinced me to wait. Damn you!

My girlfriend was on the fence too. Give in to the dark side. I was not going to buy the Mark 1. I did and I am not sorry.

i am in the camp of this thing will be bad ass & let's face it a real metal droid..........that's all kinds of win.........but............i'm sure he will be around at cost or lower when it ships. never really hurts to wait for feedback & a possible deal. i'm learing from galactiboy the ways of the force/discount.............:lecture...............:lol
Best to order it now. There are times to think about item's but this one is a buyer. Also if you order it now your flex payment will be lower.

not real concerned with the amount as i am for the value. i would like to get some feedback. i just dont buy things on a whim..........:peace

i am in the camp of this thing will be bad ass & let's face it a real metal droid..........that's all kinds of win.........but............i'm sure he will be around at cost or lower when it ships. never really hurts to wait for feedback & a possible deal. i'm learing from galactiboy the ways of the force/discount.............:lecture...............:lol

not real concerned with the amount as i am for the value. i would like to get some feedback. i just dont buy things on a whim..........:peace

I understand done it myself. I don't see it as a whim but something need. Loki comes to mind.

Back