Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haaaa!!! I love it. Thanks bro. I feel like I'm at Cheers with Norm and Woody when I visit these boards.

"Sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name"

Don't know how I missed that latest video, looks fantastic there...
wow...

Indeed. I think the lighting, however, helped to make the finish look better. During the video, there were times were you could see the finish appears to be the same, unchanged.

There's no doubt this figure is off the chain, but I simply can't justify the price. Sure is one hell of a piece though, if Sideshow's comes anywhere close I will be happy to buy that.

Hopefully I'll be in a different financial position when this bad boy finally hits.

Crosses fingers and prays its in scale.

Took the plunge. SS is showing less than 100 remaining so I'm figuring I want it even if it ends up as a stand alone piece. Only outstanding question for me is the scale, but I'm willing to take my chances. If I'm completely dissatisfied, hey, I only loose $40 bucks. I think I can live with that. I used $48 in points too so the loss won't be cash if it comes to that.

If only SSC could sell this mold in plastic version for much less..kinda like what Toynami did with Voltron.

Took the plunge. SS is showing less than 100 remaining so I'm figuring I want it even if it ends up as a stand alone piece. Only outstanding question for me is the scale, but I'm willing to take my chances. If I'm completely dissatisfied, hey, I only loose $40 bucks. I think I can live with that. I used $48 in points too so the loss won't be cash if it comes to that.

Damnit. Hoped to wait for in-hand pics to see finish and scale before taking the plunge. :gah:

If only SSC could sell this mold in plastic version for much less..kinda like what Toynami did with Voltron.
There's a thought. I wonder if that is the plan? I'm still curious as to why this is being marketed as a joint manufacturing effort versus just a distribution deal. SS is mum on it at this point.

Damnit. Hoped to wait for in-hand pics to see finish and scale before taking the plunge. :gah:
Me too, but the window seems to be closing on that option. For something of this nature, I gotta get that SS customer service just in case this goes terribly sideways.

I'm still curious as to why this is being marketed as a joint manufacturing effort versus just a distribution deal. SS is mum on it at this point.

I'm guessing it's because this is IT for now, these ARE the Droids we're looking for.

Sideshow haven't done The Droids in the whole time they've had the license and have decided to collaborate with Tamashii/Bandai because they felt it was a good opportunity or couldn't do them themselves (Grievous doesn't seem to have worked out?), etc???

Even if Sideshow have plans to do their own I doubt it would be soon if they have just gone in on this venture?

Back