Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't be the same price as a Hot Toys figure, $250-$270 isn't realistic.

It's metal, it's not a reusable body, it doesn't have a cheap fabric costume etc.......the Iron Monger comparison is more realistic.

It won't be the same price as a Hot Toys figure, $250-$270 isn't realistic.

It's metal, it's not a reusable body, it doesn't have a cheap fabric costume etc.......the Iron Monger comparison is more realistic.

I hear ya. I just wish it were cheaper.

Yeah to me, that is the last litmus for this thing. Is it in scale!? Outside of that, this thing will be something that won't get attempted again unless there is some kind of second coming of star wars, so it makes sense to me to have it as a one of a kind piece maybe even if it is out of scale

Doesn't it bother anyone here that the manufacturer says this figure can't be stood up unsupported by a stand?

I'd prefer it could stand up on its own, but at the same time I wouldn't want something this heavy and this costly toppling over at any rate. I support a lot of my figures with fishing line to provide balance and avoid shelf dives, so this'll just be one of those.

My best collectibles are in a glass display case, with glass shelves.

I don't want this thing to be taking a dive in there, so a stand is mandatory for me.

No that doesn't bother me. I think it's implied with all other 1/6th cause they give you a stand, but when you have a figure that weighs in at 2+ pounds, probably a good idea for them to mention it specifically. Just saying.
I just want to see the damn comparison shots with SS and HT figures! I'm down to go through BBTS, but they are gonna be limited when it comes to customer service should you need it on this thing. Decisions, decisions...

It's pretty amazing that this figure is almost the price of a HT DX fig PLUS a HT regular fig (at least where HT prices were when this was announced.)

But the thing nobody really figured on was that to do C-3PO right - fully articulated, screen accurate and good enough to stack up against a HT fig or SSC's very best - would be outrageously complex and therefore outrageously expensive. Little details like the stomach wires being separate pieces and not sculpted is what makes this special.

I think I could have done without the metal and seen this for around $300 instead of $400, but it certainly makes the item unique in the long haul.

Good points all, but for as long as we've waited for this figure, I say Tamashii, Pimp my 3po! Die cast FTW!

Reason I say this is because when/if SS makes him, he's gonna be abs plastic and while the detailing will/may be far superior to Hasbro, it's just not the next leap from what Hasbro did in the 90s. The die cast is that next level that separates this definitively from it's predecessors.

Last edited:
:lecture I'm hoping that's true.
I'd hate to drop $400 on this only to find that, later on, SSC has the same thing at a fraction less.

The metal is a big thing for me aesthetically, even though I'll rarely handle it. I would choose a plastic version at half the price or whatever just 'cause I'm scraping the bottom of my cash barrel as it is. But having made the decision to buy this one, I wouldn't feel bummed were a cheaper version released later on. The only thing that would make me regret this buy would be glaring QC issues.

Yup. And the fact that you'd have the best already. The SSC version will most likely be off a bit anyway. Cheaper? Yes. But will it be superior? I think not. This will more than likely be the best out for a long time, if its in scale, so waiting for a cheaper SSC version will be just that. "Cheaper"

Yeah, check out the PF Threepio's head.:slap I've come to realize they really miss just as many times as they hit, and even then, their sculpts are full of lots of inaccuracies. So their Threepio (if they do one, which will only be as good as the Medi) will likely not even be close to this one, even if it is cheaper.

Some people just want a decent representation of the character without a huge price tag. SS version will fill that need. For those that want the most accurate figure available this one will more than likely be it. It's a matter of personal preference and opinion as well as how much you love the character and nit pick it.

Back