Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it looks like the "working" pistons in the arms are static on one end and slide along a channel on the other up/down the forearm. Did it really work like that in the movie? That channel looks a bit creative license to me, but I'm no expert. Looks badass, but I gotta know why the pistons don't have a shock motion and if that channel is canon or not. For $400 bills, this thing had gotta be spot f'ing on for need to bite. Plus, if we get a sand speeder, he can't sit on the damn thing. I thought for sure they'd not overlook that and figure it out though it's hard to realize ever aspect in one shot. Hell look at all the HT batman figures.
As a final note, HT's or medicom did a robocop that had working pistons a while back. What makes them claim to be the first to do this?

dsc04244.jpg

This pic from a 1:1 fan made prop. Looks like a sliding track to me.

As for the land speeder, I don't think the actual prop costume could sit in it either. Daniels wore different variants for different scenes is my understanding.

$400 is a lot of money, no doubt. Keaton Bats cost me $270 shipped and I figure they're just costumes over base bodies, generalizing I know, but this is die cast, the engineering looks excellent and it's accurate, though it is over $100 more than a HT figure.

I can justify it, plus I have a Die Cast Bandai Voltron from '84 and it barely looks 5 years old, this Threepio is something classy that I can see will be something I'll own for a very long time.

$400 for both SSC droids? Doubt it, besides when's that happening? And they'll be plastic but to each their own.

The HTs Terminators (T-600,T-700 & T-800 droids & droid parts) all have working pistons. Their RoboCop has working pistons. The new Iron Monger has them...etc.

Not even close to being the first figure with working pistons...probably the first C3PO figure with them...maybe :huh

dsc04244.jpg

This pic from a 1:1 fan made prop. Looks like a sliding track to me.

As for the land speeder, I don't think the actual prop costume could sit in it either. Daniels wore different variants for different scenes is my understanding.

Ok that tears it! This thing is the sheit!
Thx

Good video showing a little more details to this figure.
The finish still has that sheen to it, but I think the lighting had a lot to do with the overall gold-tone being darker than in Tamashii's website.

While the guy was moving the head, the neck seems to be solid, and will appear to hold just about any position. I can't say the same about the ankles though. I also hope the ankle joints can hold a position or the ratcheting knees are pointless.

At 1:17 of the video, he comments on the wires. There seems to be significantly more abdominal wires in this video. :yess:

Compare it with this pic taken directly from Tamashii's website:

s2.jpg

I hope the figure keeps that busy-look of the abdominal wiring.

The more pics I see the more $400.00 doesnt sound so bad. I hate saying that cause I'd rather pay $150.00, LOL, but $200.00 I think is more realistic.

damn i keep flip flopping on whether i'm going to get this or not...........:gah:

he looks awesome & i really dig the metal aspect of it.

it's not really the money per se but...........i feel if i cave on this where the hell would the line be drawn?

dammit.............i think i may wait it out to see if it drops in price.

(standby for next post to be the complete opposite of this one.......:cuckoo:)

People justify the price of figures like Iron Monger because if its size and the complexity of the engineering - the materials and engineering make this a similar deal IMO.

I like heavy things.

Back