Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, unfortunately it's becoming their MO nowadays. Same with their non refundable deposit stuff. They control how many they get and how many they distribute. They are just trying to lock you in so you don't cancel and buy elsewhere cheaper. They also won't tell ship cost on these and if people got 15 day notices already their request a ship quoits plainly states that that is within th time frame that they have all the Pertinent info needed to quote shipping and still nada. SS is a changing

Agreed. :exactly:

I broke down and ordered this from HLJ. It looks breathtaking and I cannot see a future release coming close. Besides I loved C-3PO when I was little, even had the Underoos.

Now what is my best option for R2-D2? The Gentle Giant release looks intriguing.

I broke down and ordered this from HLJ. It looks breathtaking and I cannot see a future release coming close. Besides I loved C-3PO when I was little, even had the Underoos.

Now what is my best option for R2-D2? The Gentle Giant release looks intriguing.

I'd wait and see if the R2 comes from these folks before shelling out for the undersized Medicom one with the odd shaped dome.

Yep, unfortunately it's becoming their MO nowadays. Same with their non refundable deposit stuff. They control how many they get and how many they distribute. They are just trying to lock you in so you don't cancel and buy elsewhere cheaper. They also won't tell ship cost on these and if people got 15 day notices already their request a ship quoits plainly states that that is within th time frame that they have all the Pertinent info needed to quote shipping and still nada. SS is a changing

Yes, and not for the better. I've made it a point to order anything I want that is not a SSC exclusive with other retailers. I'm just tired of gimmicks, double-talk, and shiftiness. I don't have time for it. I want a straightforward, honest transaction.

Hmm, well I'll be. I could've sworn it said 'sold out' the other day.

Good looking out, guys! AmiAmi's website DID say they were sold out. I know, because I regretted not getting an order in after seeing the photos Rebelscum.com posted from Toy Fair a couple days ago. :slap

So, assuming an additional supply was acquired (just as Sideshow's did), I couldn't help but jump on this opportunity to get a pre-order in. No way was I gonna bite at $399 plus shipping, but AmiAmi's price seems comparatively reasonable and had me on the fence for weeks. Now that they seem to be on the verge of selling out, it was impossible for me to resist.

This will easily be the most money I've ever paid for a single figure. I just hope it's worth it.

Im anxiously awaiting the R2 PO so I can sell my medicom droids to help pay for one of these at least.

I cant wait for 3PO, first thing im doing when i open him up is play the song binary sunset. I ordered him day one

Good looking out, guys! AmiAmi's website DID say they were sold out. I know, because I regretted not getting an order in after seeing the photos Rebelscum.com posted from Toy Fair a couple days ago. :slap

I notice AmiAmi's site labels this as a "Tentative Pre-Order", their FAQ explains that availability is limited and they will contact whether or not they will be able to get the item for you.

Did it say that before?? It's possible that a pre-order with them isn't a sure bet at this point.

I'm probably just going to keep my order at HLJ, I would feel like a cad for cancelling a day after, just because I understand that cancelling orders on a whim is hard on retailers.

I notice AmiAmi's site labels this as a "Tentative Pre-Order", their FAQ explains that availability is limited and they will contact whether or not they will be able to get the item for you.

Did it say that before?? It's possible that a pre-order with them isn't a sure bet at this point.

I'm probably just going to keep my order at HLJ, I would feel like a cad for cancelling a day after, just because I understand that cancelling orders on a whim is hard on retailers.

I feel a bit silly, but their PO disclaimer was one of the reasons why I was reluctant to go with amiami. I was onto this pretty early on, so I really didn't have any good reason to believe that I would be left without a chair when the music stopped... but I wanted to be sure, having never ordered with them before.

So many small reasons to go with SSC, but those small reasons have added up to me paying $100 more for this than I could have. Oh well.

I bought a Vader 2.0 from them (at $180.00) that was backordered, they got back to me in two days of the order confirming they had found a source, shipped it 3 days after that for ($220.00 including shipping). They did right by me!

That GG R2 Statue has been getting delayed for years.

So many small reasons to go with SSC, but those small reasons have added up to me paying $100 more for this than I could have. Oh well.

I'm about to order from SSC, I've had a bad experience lately losing some money to a shifty seller so I feel much better going with SSC.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with these other sellers at all, just that I'm not using them for the first time on this item.:peace

I haven't come across any yet - how come you're looking for a local shop?

To support local businesses.

^ Yeah that, & I'm also not a member or subscriber to any overseas distributors or companies. Never been interested in joining the SSC club etc.

I just want to secure a PO here locally, & deal with them only, if any issues arise regarding the product.

Cheers Lejuan! :)

I just went there, obviously I didn't do the right search. :lol
I looked for Chogokin, Tamashii & Sideshow - only the SSC PF droids showed up. :monkey1

I brought it up in a search by typing in the special code: C-3PO

:lol

Looking at that price, I can see why you guys are looking to get this figure from an OS source - reward points through SSC etc, & our $ being so strong.

It makes complete sense. :lol

If I'd known Popcultcha had it I'd be tempted to go through them as well - who knows what Sideshow's shipping will come out to, but it'll be a reasonable amount. The difference in price will be $40 at the very most I'd say, and possibly as low as $20. If you can afford the extra cash to throw at a local business then that's a good thing.

But if you do, it'd be a good idea to not ever look at this page again:

https://www.amiami.com/top/detail/d...keywords=c-3po$pagemax=100$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

Back