Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm sure when SS does release theirs, it won't be as detailed and accurate(SS Boba Fett)! I will assume it will be in the park of $200-$250 when they get around to it. No doubt it will come with more accessories but they coudn't get the 1:1 right or 1:4, i doubt the 1:6 will be even better. You get what you pay for.

i'm sure when SS does release theirs, it won't be as detailed and accurate(SS Boba Fett)! I will assume it will be in the park of $200-$250 when they get around to it. No doubt it will come with more accessories but they coudn't get the 1:1 right or 1:4, i doubt the 1:6 will be even better. You get what you pay for.

What was wrong with the 1:1 or 1:4?

What was wrong with the 1:1 or 1:4?

The eyes on the 1:1 and the head on the 1:4 were/are quite inaccurate (though the Medi 1:7 3PO figure also has a an inaccurate head.)

And I think it's obvious that SSC will use the same molds as this figure for a plastic "mass-market" version down the track - the reason it has the SSC logo on the box (i.e. they have the right to - my guess is they paid for part of the development for this reason) - but it won't have the piston/arm articulation. They'd be crazy not to do it - they co-own this fig to some degree, and the numbers of this "DX" version of 3PO will be very low due to price.

An eventual SSC version I think will not be substantially cheaper though, i.e. well over $200, possibly in the $250-275 range given the timeline (i.e. it would be in-hand in over 18 months) and price trends.

One benefit is it could be vac-metallized, though SSC has shown random reluctance to use that when it should have been (BOTH Ark of Covenants) so who knows? It would probably include some nice extras though - swap-out Salaciuos Crumb hanging eye, maybe pull-apart feature with net bag.

After going back and forth I decided to preorder this through Amazon. There is a seller offering it for $350 shipped from Japan. They have great feedback and I'm covered by Amazon's A-Z policy so I figured its worth a shot to save about $60.

p2210033copy.jpg
p2210036.jpg

This is one great looking 3PO. I want to order so badly.

Bane, Joker, and Iminime Rick all coming due this month. What to do? What to do?

This is one great looking 3PO. I want to order so badly.

Bane, Joker, and Iminime Rick all coming due this month. What to do? What to do?

Flexpay is your friend. I have all of my sideshow figures on flexpay. Helps to spread out the damage a bit.

This will probably be one of those little pieces that becomes highly sought after in time. Few made. Like the McCoy's Indy was for awhile. $2,000 by the time the new trilogy hits the screens.

I do not have one on order but I can't imagine an all-metal threepio not being worth $$$$ in time.

As awesome as this is i think i'll be satisfied with the medicom. (3po just isn't THAT important to me) But damn this looks so sexy!
020939ciqjssl4lzywcmci.jpg

020935eriooqvz5hiqano5.jpg

020943mai0i6rii1ae33x1.jpg

020950ee0jf2y5f38bff8y.jpg

020953aqsqtf05msdef535.jpg

021001ebb3w3uzskywbssb.jpg
021004g06o1zbv1hnfqsb1.jpg

021020z2k50epwktkkiwzw.jpg

021023yur7ugf9rfe940e9.jpg

021044e5xmeem1mxo2ne5s.jpg

Last edited:
Flexpay is your friend. I have all of my sideshow figures on flexpay. Helps to spread out the damage a bit.

I think I am going to do it. I also have $50 in reward points. Spread over 5 months it is only $62 bucks a month:panic:

Edit: Ordered... So I guess I will get mine in or around July.

Last edited:
BAM..............ORDERED!!!!!!!

and i haven't even been drinking......:lecture

now the wait..........:cool:

Back