Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eyes on the 1:1 and the head on the 1:4 were/are quite inaccurate (though the Medi 1:7 3PO figure also has a an inaccurate head.)

And I think it's obvious that SSC will use the same molds as this figure for a plastic "mass-market" version down the track - the reason it has the SSC logo on the box (i.e. they have the right to - my guess is they paid for part of the development for this reason) - but it won't have the piston/arm articulation. They'd be crazy not to do it - they co-own this fig to some degree, and the numbers of this "DX" version of 3PO will be very low due to price.

An eventual SSC version I think will not be substantially cheaper though, i.e. well over $200, possibly in the $250-275 range given the timeline (i.e. it would be in-hand in over 18 months) and price trends.

One benefit is it could be vac-metallized, though SSC has shown random reluctance to use that when it should have been (BOTH Ark of Covenants) so who knows? It would probably include some nice extras though - swap-out Salaciuos Crumb hanging eye, maybe pull-apart feature with net bag.
Some good points my friend. SS could just be an official distributor like they are with HT which is why they're name is on the box but I don't know. Even though they sold the Medicom Boba Fett, they could've used that to base theirs off but they didn't and it shows how inaccurate he turned out. But I doubt SS will be able to match the quality that Tamashi has provided. Just my opinion but im glad I ordered him that's for sure.

I just can't see this being topped by sideshow or any other company any time soon. Gotta resist buying this......

It sure won't be better, but it will be cheaper.... IF they do it.:lol

Some good points my friend. SS could just be an official distributor like they are with HT which is why they're name is on the box but I don't know. Even though they sold the Medicom Boba Fett, they could've used that to base theirs off but they didn't and it shows how inaccurate he turned out. But I doubt SS will be able to match the quality that Tamashi has provided. Just my opinion but im glad I ordered him that's for sure.

The SSC logo can mean distribution (like say the HT Luke box has SSC logo due to them being the license holder/distrib) but on the site, the other figures say manufactured by their respective companies.

The Tama Threepio says "Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles and Tamashii Nations" - so this is a different animal. I'm not sure I've ever seen that before.

That's what makes me think that this product will form the basis for a SSC Threepio down the track. As I've said, it won't be metal and it won't have working pistons and won't have the ultra quality this one has though.

I just can't see this ultra high-end release being the only protocol droid SSC does in 1/6. Think about the possibilities: clean/shiny 3PO, dirty/sandy 3PO, blown apart 3PO with netbag, TC-14 version, Hoth protocol droid etc. They've invested in this sculpt and tooling - wouldn't they use it?

Last edited:
021023yur7ugf9rfe940e9.jpg

Impressive....

Impressive....

Poor ol' Hasbro 3PO doesn't even make it out of the box.

Love how the moving arms sound in silent guy's video. This thing reeks quality (doesn't look like the restraining bolt sticks too well tho.)

Getting sick of looking at this thing - need to be holding in hands...

After going back and forth I decided to preorder this through Amazon. There is a seller offering it for $350 shipped from Japan. They have great feedback and I'm covered by Amazon's A-Z policy so I figured its worth a shot to save about $60.

Which seller? The KSgroup?

Just went to my local toy store ...... touch it, hold it, broke down and bought it ...... :panic::panic::panic:

Cool DL! :)

What was their communication like?

Good, like any e-store. Here's the email:

Hello ,

Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi. The products you ordered are all in stock, and we would like to inform you of your grand total. Please carefully double-check all order details and make any necessary changes through the Update shipping info/payment method link on your My Account page on our website before proceeding with payment. If all details are correct, please authorize your payment using the payment link included with this mail by the payment deadline. Payment due by: 2013/03/01 JST

IMPORTANT: Order payments must be authorized and are not automatically charged. Paid orders cannot be modified (split, combined, etc.). All sales are final.

Order Number: *********
===============================================================================================================
|Product name |Unit price|Qty. |Sub total |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|12" PM - Star Wars: C-3PO |26,800 JPY| 1|26,800 JPY|
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: 26,800 JPY
Shipping: 5,540 JPY
Grand total: 32,340 JPY

Shipping method: EMS
Payment method: PayPal
All available shipping methods and their costs will be displayed on the payment page.

Back