Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quick out of box pics. If I was to look for negatives, which is almost impossible with this figure, I would say it's a pity we lost the 3 point light source in the eyes...

9-10_zps53483f37.jpg

What do you mean about the eyes. Someone said it is three lights.

Some quick out of box pics. If I was to look for negatives, which is almost impossible with this figure, I would say it's a pity we lost the 3 point light source in the eyes and the restraining bolt needs a little weathering. The bloody restraining bolt! that's how good this figure is.. there is a little distortion on these from a macro lens, having him standing on your desk is like having a real 3PO shrunk down, they nailed the head sculpt.

9-10_zps53483f37.jpg

10-7_zpsd6e2bff9.jpg

8-16_zpsc7a1a97c.jpg

6-31_zps83918653.jpg

1-97_zps81ff3049.jpg

2-82_zps0f121bcf.jpg

3-69_zps4f5320cb.jpg

7-27_zps02c6f2c2.jpg

My god I can't wait :rock

My god I can't wait :rock

Seriously mate, prepare to be blown away. The sharpness in detail on this is astonishing, and it looks like metal in hand, it absolutely justifies this being die cast. And I got it custom charge free as well. I've noticed EMS shipping seems to slip through customs much more easily.

:yess:

9-10_zps53483f37.jpg

What do you mean about the eyes. Someone said it is three lights.

Treepio's eyes in the movies have three smaller light sources behind them rather than one flat one. The early versions of this seemed to replicate this (as does the medicom)
but the end product has one flat light behind the eyes (unless the brightness of the light is hiding them). It's no biggy, the eyes still look amazing. And they look great ,
lights off which is great since they will be off most of the time.

I think the brightness is the problem, he actually casts a bright flood across my desk when I turn them on. He only needs the voltage of one battery, might try to pack it with a slave piece of metal and see the result.

Seriously mate, prepare to be blown away. The sharpness in detail on this is astonishing, and it looks like metal in hand, it absolutely justifies this being die cast. And I got it custom charge free as well. I've noticed EMS shipping seems to slip through customs much more easily.

:yess:

Treepio's eyes in the movies have three smaller light sources behind them rather than one flat one. The early versions of this seemed to replicate this (as does the medicom)
but the end product has one flat light behind the eyes (unless the brightness of the light is hiding them). It's no biggy, the eyes still look amazing. And they look great ,
lights off which is great since they will be off most of the time.

I am ready to be blown away by this now :panic:

Great pics Rory :rock

I had put this on flex pay at SSC. I don't think I will be able to wait for 5 months to get it. As soon as SSC starts shipping I am going to have to go ahead and pay this thing off. Beautiful pics Rory. I purchased one of those Studio Legend Display cases in white off of eBay just for this and R2 once he is available.

I think it should be considered that the R2 is a mock up at this point, similar to the original working models of the 3PO. Head didnt look right, scale was questionable, pistons were bent and didnt move so well. Hell, I took a quick glance at it as SDCC and was so "m'eh" about it that I didnt even think twice nor photograph it. But DAYUM, I'm eating me some crow on this thing now and glad I ordered it! I think R2 will be just as amazing if not better. I think the blue squares on the dome look like stickers, so it seems too early to tell. THIS YEAR, I will be photographing R2 AND 3PO at the SS booth! :wink1:

Cool. I like the optimism.
Let's hope for the same amount of attention to details as 3PO.

Yeah, I'm with you. Not a fan of a 1kg metal fig. And not a fan of SSC Polystone environments either for the same reason - they're like moving Cinder blocks.

Would rather plastic, but this is the first 1/6 3PO that got his head 100% right. And the height too. It looks like the movie character shrunken down to 1/6 so had to jump on it.

:lecture That's what got me.
The finish on the prototype is what had me waiting until in-hand pics started showing it's true colors. :)

Back