Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Less than 90 at Sideshow?
Wasn't there a time when they listed it at "Less than 10" and then a few days later, "Less than 20"? :rotfl

There's also the possibility that I could be mixing this up with another figure/statue. :D

No you're right, it's been fluctuating as they get closer and verify available stock.

Just want to note: earlier in the thread, someone mentioned putting less than the designed battery, therefore, less than the designed wattage in this thing in order to see if you can get the lights to burn less brightly so you can see the three lights. Keep in mind that some lights burn out quicker with lower than designed wattage. Might not happen here, but... play at your own risk. For me, I'll let others experiment with that before trying.

No you're right, it's been fluctuating as they get closer and verify available stock.

Just want to note: earlier in the thread, someone mentioned putting less than the designed battery, therefore, less than the designed wattage in this thing in order to see if you can get the lights to burn less brightly so you can see the three lights. Keep in mind that some lights burn out quicker with lower than designed wattage. Might not happen here, but... play at your own risk. For me, I'll let others experiment with that before trying.

He looks great with them off, and that's the way he's gonna look almost all of the time. I'll probably pull them out in a few weeks anyway, because those button batteries leak after a while, they always do.

Lights are a nice gimmick, cool when you get a new toy, but in the end they're pretty useless and end up unused.

****, I love this toy! :hi5:

I know I won't be experimenting with my $400 diecast figure.

Fa shizzle!

Os.... dooooooooeeeeedddd!

But I know, I debated, but since I have a tumbler, I'm like, ****, not like I haven't spent that before. Oooo what if the tumbler had a metal body and chassis? Chogokin Tumbler FTW!

It is 5,540 yen - at least that's what I was quoted.

HLJ shipping to UK was 4,000 yen. It was less to the US.

As for the weight. My tracking info lists the weight as 2.6kg (5.7 lbs).

Mine was supposed to arrive today by 6pm. It still says its on schedule, but its still in France, and has been for 36 hours. I have a bad feeling about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HLJ shipping to UK was 4,000 yen. It was less to the US.

As for the weight. My tracking info lists the weight as 2.6kg (5.7 lbs).

Mine was supposed to arrive today by 6pm. It still says its on schedule, but its still in France, and has been for 36 hours. I have a bad feeling about this.

What on earth is it doing in france? Anytime I get EMS shipping it goes straight from point of origin to my country. Normally it's disappears for a day or so from online tracking as it flies around the world.

And anyone worried about the weight of the package, don't. I was surprised when I picked it up. It doesn't feel heavy. The figure inside does, but there is nothing else in the box.
So overall the weight feels slightly heavier than a decent HT set. And about the same as a DX.

One word of advice, when you open the figure he feels VERY cold, being made of metal. So combine that with the warmth of a house and the fact that he is covered
in a very fine oil of some kind and he could easily slip from your fingers. Which would be very very bad.

:)

Hey buddy, what was postage to Aus from Sideshow, sorry if I missed you mentioning it. Via PM is fine.

I hear good things about amiami but I feel safer using SSC.

I don't have a shipping quote, but around the $40-50 mark is my guess. Hope that's not being optimistic.

Just got my shipping notice from HLJ! :panic::panic::panic:

Thanks for the info. I was going to try and attempt to get that warm/yellow light but I think I'll take your advice and not chance burning it out. Totally forgot that those little batteries tend to leak. Definitely removing it when not in use.

Last edited:
How much was your shipping Rory?

65$

Which was pretty good in comparison to what SS would have cost me.
No duty fees, no fedex "handling" fees. Very happy with them.

Mine was 7,000 JPY via EMS to the UK with amiami :(

They charged you more than me, which is strange (not much though) and I got mine delivered to ireland.

Did you get charged by customs? HLJ had a slightly more expensive EMS option. I went with the cheaper FedEx, but FedEx are very hot on customs charges.

In my experience, and this is not set in stone.. Fedex Always get stopped and charged by customs, whereas EMS fast shipping rarely does.

Last edited:
Back