Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's back!!!

View attachment 58463

Really quick: that DIDN'T happen during shipping. NOT ami-ami's fault. As I was tweaking his posture while attached to the stand, the midsection clasp of the stand released. It has kind of like a spring action clasp. The figure was leaning forward just enough that the weight of the figure released it. The momentum took it off the side of my table. Luckily the figure is very sturdy and only popped the joint at the knee and head. No breaks. Def would recommend reinforcing the display though. The sheer weight of the figure can easily pop it loose if positioned unbalanced, and when it goes down, it goes down hard.

This is the sleeper hit of the year! Anyone who passes, or misses out on this is going to be sick with emotion!

Last edited:
Jesus.
I think if you look at back page of instructions it says that the limbs are removable? Not sure what's going on with your head though.

How bizarre, was it broken in the box? With the amount of foam around it I'm surprised.

:lol

Yes I might just do that, but as I am displaying them together I guess there is no way of getting round it. I am happy enough to use this R2 as a place holder until Bandai's R2 drops :yess:

Seriously - gave me a heart attack when I saw that little pic, but I did remember from the collectiondx review that everything pops off so was hoping this would be the case.

You said it went off the side of the table - how far did it fall? Like from tabletop to floor, or just a few inches?

I am going to be sweating bullets opening this... with my cotton gloves (like those give good grip...) and shaking hands.:panic:

It was tabletop to floor, so it was a few feet. I wouldn't worry about it tipping over and having a problem unless it was on a glass surface. The figure is just so heavy that it will fall hard. It's like a highschool physics problem. I think the pop out joints may have been made with this in mind. It's not that the piece is fragile, it's just that the articulation allows for the figure to be placed in unbalanced positions and the stand isn't strong enough to counter the weight when placed in these positions. The pop out joints seem to be a precaution and maybe an acknowledgment that this figure can come down easier in certain circumstances with the potential to break the joint if it didn't release itself.

Anyone want to talk me out of putting a ****ing bullet in my head:
View attachment 58452

As mentioned earlier, the figure was designed to come apart like that according to Josh's review at CollectionDX:

P2192147.jpg

It was tabletop to floor, so it was a few feet. I wouldn't worry about it tipping over and having a problem unless it was on a glass surface. The figure is just so heavy that it will fall hard. It's like a highschool physics problem. I think the pop out joints may have been made with this in mind. It's not that the piece is fragile, it's just that the articulation allows for the figure to be placed in unbalanced positions and the stand isn't strong enough to counter the weight when placed in these positions. The pop out joints seem to be a precaution and maybe an acknowledgment that this figure can come down easier in certain circumstances with the potential to break the joint if it didn't release itself.

Jesus, a few feet into carpet or a hard floor?!?! If it was a hard floor, you're lucky if there's no actualy damage (scratches, dents etc) to the figure! Man that would've given me a heartattack!! That's why I always open up new figures on carpet on a low table these days :)

Back