Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i'm gonna have to keep a close eye on AmiAmi and see if they do restock. With birthday coming end of this month, i might have extra funds available to put on this.

Box art design on this looks a lot better than the design of the stand. :lol
The stand is the only letdown with this set. I get what they're going for but it looks kinda cheap. I think Tamashii does do nice clear stands for these figures, though, so I'll wait until some appear in stock @ BBTS and go that route or use the ol' fishing line technique.

Less than 90 at Sideshow?
Wasn't there a time when they listed it at "Less than 10" and then a few days later, "Less than 20"? :rotfl

There's also the possibility that I could be mixing this up with another figure/statue. :D
Nope, that was C-3PO. My assumption was that the first lot sold out and that Sideshow then ordered another 100 from Tamashii?

I don't think they're going to make to many of these. This can't be the easiest thing to make. Based on it's success C-3PO will be the rarer of the pair, with more r2's probably being made.

Last edited:
There was some sort of internal memo I found online that indicated that between this and another diecast figure (Wild Tiger) Tamashii intended to sell a lot (believe figure was over 10k). I'll try and dig it up.

Edit - Found it:

Tamashii Press Release said:
The key target market is males in their 20s and 30s. Bandai plans to sell the figures in model shops, toy stores,and model and toy departments of electronics and mass retail outlets. The action figures will also be sold through Internet sales and other channels. Bandai is targeting global sales of 20,000 units for the series as a whole by March 31, 2013.

Last edited:
Did you get charged by customs? HLJ had a slightly more expensive EMS option. I went with the cheaper FedEx, but FedEx are very hot on customs charges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know yet, keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Just received my shipping from amiami :rock

Should get this early next week :)

There was some sort of internal memo I found online that indicated that between this and another diecast figure (Wild Tiger) Tamashii intended to sell a lot (believe figure was over 10k). I'll try and dig it up.

Edit - Found it:

Hmmm..
Not exactly sure of what sales they are reffering to there? But I doubt they have made anything close to that number of 3PO's. If they had it wouldn't be sold out at several HK dealers?:dunno
But interesting reading non the less.

Yeah, I don't know what the breakdown between figures is but I'm pretty sure that "series as a whole" refers just to 3PO and Wild Tiger (those being the only two in the 12" PM line released so far, AFAIK). That said, selling ~10k $400.00 C-3POs worldwide by March 31 does seem wildly optimistic.

Edit: Looks like 12 PM line is three figures, now.

Last edited:
65$

Which was pretty good in comparison to what SS would have cost me.
No duty fees, no fedex "handling" fees. Very happy with them.

They charged you more than me, which is strange (not much though) and I got mine delivered to ireland.

In my experience, and this is not set in stone.. Fedex Always get stopped and charged by customs, whereas EMS fast shipping rarely does.

That is really odd then! I can't wait for this now :panic:

Good thing is my Medi R2 is on the way with him :)

That's going to be one hell of a day!!!

Found this outside my door a few minutes ago:
View attachment 58441
Wasn't expecting it as tracking had it listed as at JFK. Came really quick though. Sent payment Sunday night. Would like to do a little write-up of the figure, as well as my opinion of ami-ami as this was my first time dealing with them and I know some people were put off despite the significant savings because of not trusting how smoothly the transaction would go. Would be glad to answer any questions from prospective buyers and or discuss the figure with others that have already received it. I'm going to open this bad boy now, so stay tuned...

That is really odd then! I can't wait for this now :panic:

Good thing is my Medi R2 is on the way with him :)

That's going to be one hell of a day!!!

Yes, that is some Star Wars Bonaza, although I think opening both together could make the R2 look a little lacklustre and small! I suggest opening 3PO last..

:yess:

Wasn't expecting it as tracking had it listed as at JFK. Came really quick though. Sent payment Sunday night. Would like to do a little write-up of the figure, as well as my opinion of ami-ami as this was my first time dealing with them and I know some people were put off despite the significant savings because of not trusting how smoothly the transaction would go. Would be glad to answer any questions from prospective buyers and or discuss the figure with others that have already received it. I'm going to open this bad boy now, so stay tuned...
Looking forward to your review. That's excellent delivery time on the part of AmiAmi. Will use them for sure when R2 arrives.

Found this outside my door a few minutes ago:
View attachment 58441

Congrats! Do you mind telling us how much the shipping was? And you placed the order on Sunday?

Anyone in the uk buying from sideshow? I wasn't going to get this but the pictures have sold me! I just keep telling myself I got the tumbler for similar price from sideshow so I can get this:):lol

Anyone in the uk buying from sideshow? I wasn't going to get this but the pictures have sold me! I just keep telling myself I got the tumbler for similar price from sideshow so I can get this:):lol

I got mine from HLJ for 34,400 yen shipped. Ordered it Sunday and its currently sitting at Stanstead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would like to do a little write-up of the figure, as well as my opinion of ami-ami as this was my first time dealing with them and I know some people were put off despite the significant savings because of not trusting how smoothly the transaction would go.

Anyone want to talk me out of putting a ****ing bullet in my head:
View attachment 58452

Ouch...Hopefully they have good CS. :(

Jesus.
I think if you look at back page of instructions it says that the limbs are removable? Not sure what's going on with your head though.

How bizarre, was it broken in the box? With the amount of foam around it I'm surprised.

Back