Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus, a few feet into carpet or a hard floor?!?! If it was a hard floor, you're lucky if there's no actualy damage (scratches, dents etc) to the figure! Man that would've given me a heartattack!! That's why I always open up new figures on carpet on a low table these days :)

It was onto carpet. Yeah, I went into a mild shock. I repeated "oh my God, what did I do?" Like 20 times. My girlfriend was like, "you dropped c3po, didn't you?" Then she was like, "calm down. How much did he cost anyway?" To which I responded, "oh my God, what did I do?"
I like to position my figures while seated at my table. I keep them far enough back that what happened shouldn't. Believe me, I have him lying down until I figure out my next move.

It was onto carpet. Yeah, I went into a mild shock. I repeated "oh my God, what did I do?" Like 20 times. My girlfriend was like, "you dropped c3po, didn't you?" Then she was like, "calm down. How much did he cost anyway?" To which I responded, "oh my God, what did I do?"
I like to position my figures while seated at my table. I keep them far enough back that what happened shouldn't. Believe me, I have him lying down until I figure out my next move.

:rotfl. Thank goodness it wasn't anything permanent.

As mentioned earlier, the figure was designed to come apart like that according to Josh's review at CollectionDX:

P2192147.jpg

Very interesting. Looks like the legs are virtually immobile at the hips. I wonder if Sideshow's eventual version will attempt to do something about that. Maybe even giving him swappable thighs in the sitting position. How does the Medi Threepio work with the hip articulation? Anyone know?

At least you have a sense of humor about it. That is a nightmare read, but makes me chuckle as I can see it happening to me and the drop in my stomach I would feel. I have bought a Legend Studio Display case for mine once he arrives (they are supposed to be large enough for two figures and will hold R2 along with C3P0 whenever that day comes). I will not chance a detolf made of all glass:horror

:rotfl. Thank goodness it wasn't anything permanent.

Very interesting. Looks like the legs are virtually immobile at the hips. I wonder if Sideshow's eventual version will attempt to do something about that. Maybe even giving him swappable thighs in the sitting position. How does the Medi Threepio work with the hip articulation? Anyone know?

Medi has no upper thigh/hip articulation. Neither did Anthony Daniels while he was standing in the costume. Its accurate

Medi has no upper thigh/hip articulation. Neither did Anthony Daniels while he was standing in the costume. Its accurate

That's not true. Not only are there two ball joints at the hips (above and below the wire section), but the upper legs swivel and bend ever-so-slightly. It would move better had Medicom not chosen to accurately depict how closely the upper legs attach closely to the pelvic section.

Nice review, I haven't had any issues standing him with or without stand. But you are right when you lean him back a little like 3po does, he is perfectly balanced. The stand is much lighter than I thought, but it does work. But for something smaller, the old heavy metal Enterbay stands are awesome, just put some foam on inside of arms to stop metal to metal contact.

Do the plastic "arms" of the Tama's stand grip enough that you're not worried it could let go? They just don't seem very tight to me, like if the fig started to fall they'd just open and let it fall. Also, the claspers grip the wires area which just seems pretty delicate, so I was a little worried about that too.

It's more about balance than strength with this stand. Threepio stands pretty well on his own, but the stand is just like gently putting your finger on him for added security. The base itself is wide enough that it cannot topple even with threepios weight. I don't think having it any heavier would be of any benefit. I do agree about the support touching the wires though. Especially since they specifically say not to do that in the instructions!

:dunno

Back