Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How not to be okay? The SSC failure to communicate about questions everyone asks on the forum becomes painful!

:welcome1: to the forums!

Thanks for the welcome!

Regarding the Sideshow/Tamashii C-3PO, the lack of information in really frustrating. A couple of weeks ago, I asked some of the basic questions (e.g., scale, articulation, etc.) to Jeff Dean over at Sideshow and he basically said that we'll know the answers to these basic questions as soon as they know the answers to these basic questions.

Well. my next basic question would be, "Why are you pre-selling the item if you don't currently have it in hand and appear to know very little about it?"

It's also frustrating to know that this release likely means at least a one year+ wait for any Sideshow Collectibles edition of 3PO or R2. If we ever see a release.

I would be happy if tomorrow Sideshow announced the release of an awesome 1/6-scale Chewbacca. If nothing else, at least he could play some solitary Dejarik holochess. That chess set has been sitting unused for quite some time...

Pics from NYCC

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-001_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-002_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-003_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-004_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-005_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-006_1349980675.jpg

NYCC12-Tamashii-Star-Wars-007_1349980675.jpg

Could have decided for this duo even with a slightly too short R2 but i'm not impressed with the overall look. Definitely looks like i'll wait a few more years for a (possible) SSC/HT release of these.

Wow, now that we can see these figures in better lighting, these will be the easiest of passes for me. Threepio really needs that vacuum metalized finish to match his iconic shininess, something Hasbro has done with their 4" figures since day one. And Artoo detailing is too soft, his dome is the wrong finish, and I don't know what the deal is with those tiny dots all over his body.

As sad as it is to admit, I don't think Sideshow's own official go at 1/6 scale figures of these guys (whenever that is) will look as bad as these prototypes. And to think I was actually considering selling off some of my collection to pick these up!

Like I said... "These aren't the Droids you're looking for." :r2d2line

Some new pics & everyone bails. That's right. I love this place! :hi5:

Y'know, if these pics are a truer reflection of their appearance than previous ones we've seen, I'm still happier with this pair than the medi versions. I rarely handle these things, but I'm looking forward to their weight in the hand. If I was blind I'd be onto a winner.

What is up with R2? Why is his dome all chromed out? It's like an episode of Pimp My Droid or something.

I like the C-3PO. I'd like it a heck of a lot more if I knew that it was perfectly scaled to other official Sideshow 1/6 releases. Also, does anyone know if the legs even move yet?

Regardless, I'm not impressed with R2-D2. Certainly not even $300 impressed, from what I can see at this point...

(Edit: With the R2, it looks as if they didn't even put a lens in the eye. It simply looks like they slapped a little plastic lens window outline on the chrome dome. Jeez...)

What is up with R2? Why is his dome all chromed out? It's like an episode of Pimp My Droid or something.

I like the C-3PO. I'd like it a heck of a lot more if I knew that it was perfectly scaled to other official Sideshow 1/6 releases. Also, does anyone know if the legs even move yet?

Regardless, I'm not impressed with R2-D2. Certainly not even $300 impressed, from what I can see at this point...

The shiny dome is exactly how I remember the first Kenner R2 I got when I was a kid, which will makes this a neat fit with my collection theme. My reality is awesome :yess:

Right.
If C3PO is indeed 12", he'll fit right in with other SSC Star Wars figures.

At this point, this is the main issue I have with the Medicom offering. C3PO will look too short. :(

Given that I'm one of maybe only two people on this whole board who's committed to picking these up it could easily have been this:

VgXCk.gif

:lol I'll love 'em, I know I will.

I would love to buy them and have the cash to do it but I will wait until some one can confirm them to be able to fit in with other SSC figures height wise correctly. If they are medi height or larger than SSC this will be a no go.

Back