The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finger number 3 had just arrived at home. Look forward to un-boxing later.

MastterDSC_0359.jpg

Yeah I'm probably going to paint up one red for the Zomb Garage and leave the old and dirty raw metal looking one for F-LEGION. I like it better than the bat… which unfortunately much like the figure as a whole… as it is I'm rather disappointed with it.

3AA 2012 F-LEGION by dangercorpse, on Flickr

He looks great all cleaned up!
I too was rather disappointed in f-legion. To me he doesn't really fit into the AK world.
Judging by the quality he seems like he was a _____* you to the fans that were hating on how 3A operated. I mean he has no box for one, a crappy zipper on the jacket AND the face mask which ripped the first time I messed with it. Plus the eye holes were janky.
Everything seemed rushed, corners were obviously cut. Of all things his name is "f"-legion. What's the f stand for? We were never told this.
Don't get me wrong he's a cool piece he's just not for me and I wish he was done better. ThreeA is an awesome company that I will always fully support but this guy is one bad apple. I thought about keeping him for a kit bash figure but every time I looked at him in my collection he looked out of place. I'm glad I sold him.
But that's just me :)

I agree with everything you said. This is the first ThreeA figure I have been disappointed with. I do actually really like the head sculpt but everything else leaves a lot to be desired.

Makes for a good start for some customizing but some of that customizing… like cleaning the jacket of it's sloppy "weathering" was more a pain than fun.

…oh and as far as fitting in, he fits in with the WWR stuff. They all have similarly proportioned heads with the TinTin (comic not movie) eyes.

I use large sheets of colored paper. You can order rolls of them on Amazon pretty cheap that will last you for ages. I need to order some more colors and another roll of white as my roll of white ran out not too long ago.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_i_1?rh=k%3Aroll+of+paper+48%22%2Ci%3Aarts-crafts&keywords=roll+of+paper+48%22&ie=UTF8&qid=1340388994[/ame]

For those interested. This is what's left of the design on the back after three baths in paint thinner, two in acetone, several washings, and finally a bath in some boiling black dye. The dye actually didn't do much to it. This is more or less what it looked like before the dye.

F-LEGION by dangercorpse, on Flickr

I want a ballcap or maybe a watchcap. I kinda want him to look similar to Moses in Attack the Block.

Ironically that was the first thing my friend said when he saw my f-legion. "he looks like he's from attack the block". Robot hooligan

Back